Dreger: DeAngelo Trade could happen Between 24/48 Hours (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
DeAngelo (50% retained) for Erik Johnson. Who needs defense when you can simply outscore the other team? :naughty:

Toews -- Makar
Byram -- Girard
Graves -- DeAngelo

(Obviously joking here if any one didn't realise)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Barrie has been fine all season, no idea why people were jumping on him early.

He wasn't impressive to start the season but he wasn't actively bad like some Oilers fans were claiming.

People just need to understand with Barrie youre going to get A offense, D defence. It’s just what he is.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
DeAngelo was an absolute wizard with the puck last season. I understand its the flavor to bash the guy's character right now, but let's not pretend his isn't insanely talented offensively.
And a massive liability defensively. Most NHL coaches would be putting him in the press box until he starts playing to at least an AHL standard in his own end. He's absolute garbage.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Sounds as if thought the rangers are gonna retain 40-50%

Even then it’d be TOUGH. But he’d help their power play if he was cheap. Pittsburgh is a zero tolerance environment though.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Good thing Dredger is a joke lol but if true, even funnier.
Oh well. Won't be the leafs for sure.

Leafs do it, Simmonds flat out murders the kid. Kid goes on LTIR. Leafs have cash to pay him and get LTIR. Sounds like a win to me,

Watch it's the Preds and I go, oh WTF!

Reactions: Metroid

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Neal is a healthy scratch today for the Oilers after scoring 2 goals his last game. I want no part of Deangelo, even if Neal goes the other way.

Reactions: McSuper

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
And a massive liability defensively. Most NHL coaches would be putting him in the press box until he starts playing to at least an AHL standard in his own end. He's absolute garbage.
A guy who is a liability defensively but great at offense ---> a guy who is a liability in both ends.

Like I said, tell him to concentrate on hockey for his own good, and play him next to a more defensively midend guy.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Which team is already hated and or trashed by everyone and don’t give a f***?

Were the Pens the team keeps popping up in defenseman rumors?

He looks good in Penguins yellow.

anthony_deangelo_sarnia.jpg

Reactions: dangsLITE

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
What team has a GM that may be in danger of losing his job? Seems like a desperation move by a GM trying to stay employed.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Disappointing. He has already had plenty of shots in his career and failed miserably at every step. He hasn't shown an attempt or willingness to grow as an individual. Tolerance for people like this is too high in professional sports. I wouldn't want my team to be the one to grab him.

Reactions: Marshall

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I think Ottawa or Detroit is where he goes. Both have cap room for him and are rebuilding so may be willing to deal with his bs and take time to work with him on it.

Both teams could use another puck-moving D

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
A guy who is a liability defensively but great at offense ---> a guy who is a liability in both ends.

Like I said, tell him to concentrate on hockey for his own good, and play him next to a more defensively midend guy.
Disagree. Zero room in this league for a defenseman who can't play defense. Every team in the league who has guys in the AHL who play better defense than this pylon. I don't care how much offense he puts up, the way he plays in his own zone is simply unacceptable.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
DeAngelo 50% retained and a 2nd for Myers and Eriksson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad