GDT: Deadline Day - Twas the night before Trademas

Status
Not open for further replies.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Yep, Jimmy Murphy is an idiot. He's the one who threw out 6x6 and Vatanen for Drouin. Both not true.

Your source also told you he was legit earlier then they magically changed tune when others denied it.. This source of yours, I'm curious... Not saying it's not legit just curious.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The timing of Fowler needing a new contract is better for the team then the timing of Lindholm/Vatanen. By the time Fowler is due Bieksa, Stoner, and Maroon will all be gone. The only other big deals to be done at that time would be Cogliano, Ritchie, Theodore, and Manson. But with the last 3 being RFA's they shouldn't be hard to sign at a good number.

That offseason could be as hard as this tbh :laugh: If all 3 will stick around.

As for the Leafs - they are the biggest market, of course the talk will be around them. NHL/TSN needs some viewers.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I'm sure he does -- as a Bruins columnist. I'm just not sure how he, a columnist in Boston, would know anything that's going on in Anaheim/Tampa. None of the TSN/SN insiders know anything about us, how is Jimmy McNuggets here any different?

The fact that Sportsnet took this and ran with it tells more about the quality of their stories than the legitimaticy of Jimmy as a "source".

It's a small league, certainly plausible his sources, wherever they are, hear things about multiple teams. Guys get things wrong, certainly seems he did, but I'm not gonna write him off based on which team he writes for, or whether it passes my own litmus test. Take it with a grain of salt obviously, that's probably a good idea for anyone outside the big boys and a handful of beat writers.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Dreger (I think) said a western executive balked at the Bruins request of a 1st and top prospect for Eriksson, sounds like Bob to me.

But that's it from what I've heard. Fingers crossed for Hanzal.

I think Dregs said it was a roster player and a top prospect, but yeah, the point is clear

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Apparently if you claim Cowen and buy him out it would give you an extra 750K on your salary cap. Didn't really get it but they said something like that. Seems weird.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Apparently if you claim Cowen and buy him out it would give you an extra 750K on your salary cap. Didn't really get it but they said something like that. Seems weird.

This has been talked about for a while now. This is why I was surprised to see him on waivers in the first place.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Bob McKenzie just made an interesting comment regarding the Maple Leafs recalling a bunch of AHLers. Players on the NHL roster at 3pm eastern today are ineligible for the AHL players. So if Nick Ritchie isn't re-assigned to SD at some point today he will be ineligible for AHL playoff action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad