GDT: Deadline Day - Twas the night before Trademas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Will be interesting to see if BM will make any moves at all. The team seems to gel right now.

BTW Any way people from Europe can watch Deadline Day? Sportsnet used to have a stream on their homepage that was open to everyone, is that still so? TSN of course blocks anyone not living in Canada :(
Does NHL have a video or audio stream?

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
100f7y.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Will be interesting to see if BM will make any moves at all. The team seems to gel right now.

BTW Any way people from Europe can watch Deadline Day? Sportsnet used to have a stream on their homepage that was open to everyone, is that still so? TSN of course blocks anyone not living in Canada :(
Does NHL have a video or audio stream?

Usually there is some stream available on the internet. Will know when i get home later today

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010

I'm not sure about this. One one hand, I like putting Theodore in the lineup, on the other, Stoner is up in the box and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the spot due to being a veteran, or payroll reasons, etc. Also, the offense was a huge issue for most of the season and adding Drouin seemed like a necessity, but with the offense rolling that no longer seems the case.

Oct 18, 2011

I'm not sure about this. One one hand, I like putting Theodore in the lineup, on the other, Stoner is up in the box and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the spot due to being a veteran, or payroll reasons, etc. Also, the offense was a huge issue for most of the season and adding Drouin seemed like a necessity, but with the offense rolling that no longer seems the case.

at this point there is no way i am trading vats, and putting a rookie in his spot despite the fact that rookie is very good. it wont be easy to upgrade with presumably several untouchables which is why i think that 1st has to be in play personally

Oct 18, 2011
Could you put in writing what is told there if you are listening?

At work currently so i am in no position to listen full show currently.

yes I will post relevant stuff in this post and update

so far
friedman:
-ducks looking for a rental, latest intel is the ANA will not move their young D, talks for those players did not go far. Did not say anything about Drouin/Vatanen

Oct 18, 2011
Sabres Scouting Ducks-Kings
The Buffalo Sabres have sent one of their scouts to Anaheim to watch the Ducks-Kings war on ice. The Sabres played the Ducks and Kings this week and will not play them again this season. Why scout the Ducks-Kings game on Sunday night? Both the Ducks and the Kings have been mentioned in trade rumors surrounding Sabres power forward Jamie McGinn. The Kings traded for veteran forward Kris Versteeg on Sunday night. Ducks moving in on McGinn? Sabres moving in on LD Cam Fowler?
Source: Garth Marlo
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/

normally i would not post a hockeybuzz rumor but it is notable buffalo had a scout at the game

he must be an hf poster to mention fowler like that tho...

stempniak/mcginn seem like murray moves

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
I wouldn't be surprised if Bob ended up with some low-level rental for our bottom 6 giving away a mid-range pick and shedding some salary in Stoner.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
McGinn is still possibly on the block but as it was said, it is very unlikely that someone from our current roster goes the other way. Maybe scouts are there for possible offseason deals as our situation will be very intense

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I'm not expecting a major move, maybe a McGinn type of addition who isn't much of an upgrade over what we have but is still an upgrade.

I have this weird feeling Murray is going to find a way to dump Stoner somehow which would be ideal.

Oct 18, 2011
stephens said buffalo is in love with fowler and have been for a long time, but that the ducks are not shopping him
if for some reason they offered reinhart right now, do you do that if you are murray?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm not expecting a major move, maybe a McGinn type of addition who isn't much of an upgrade over what we have but is still an upgrade.

I have this weird feeling Murray is going to find a way to dump Stoner somehow which would be ideal.

Right now I`d take McGinn over Ritchie (also for the pourpose to send him to SD) pretty much any day of the week so it would be a definite upgrade, just not as big one os some of our rivals have done :dunno:

stephens said buffalo is in love with fowler and have been for a long time, but that the ducks are not shopping him
if for some reason they offered reinhart right now, do you do that if you are murray?

We should definitely consider it strongly but just not today. Fowler will soon be UFA and will get a huge rise, that is one thing many are overlooking.

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
We should definitely consider it strongly but just not today. Fowler will soon be UFA and will get a huge rise, that is one thing many are overlooking.

We can take some of the Bieska salary then which comes off the books and invest it in Fowler.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
:huh:

If Maroon can skate on that line so can Bonino. And he's worlds better defensively than any of Maroon/Ritchie/Rakell/Perry.

I don't want him because he's been injured, and I hope the team learned something about that with Wiz last year, but he has a goal scoring touch and he's got far better hands than Thompson or Horcoff do.

He has returned to the lineup, though, so I think we'd be good if he was acquired. Wouldn't have to wait for him to get healthy, anyway.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
At this stage I am actually more confident going to POs with Bieksa than Stoner. Yes Kev's a ticking timebomb but he's contained himself somewhat as of late, while Stoner is rusty from months of niggling injury. I just hope that come PO time, BB has the guts to bench Bieksa as soon as he relapses into his usual antics, and ride the hot hand with the big three D plus Manson.

Another question altogether is whether Despres can get his act together in time, or whether we will be better off relying on Stoner instead and relegating Simon to #7. Stoner and Vats did strike something of a chord before, after all.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

There's no reason why it would have to go down, right now. I mean, it's not like the Sabres are shooting for immediate improvement, and losing Fowler to add Reinhart is a downgrade in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad