GDT: Deadline Day - Twas the night before Trademas

Status
Not open for further replies.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
If Drouin somehow doesn't get traded I very much believe he becomes a Duck at the draft.

That said. Expect the unexpected. I'm guessing something small and nothing flashy.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
People were saying Bonino was available in the GDT. Where'd that come from?
If Bones is available, I would love to have that guy back. Proven depth scorer for us. And he can wear his Mighty Ducks pjs again, too. Win-win.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
People were saying Bonino was available in the GDT. Where'd that come from?

giphy.gif

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
The irrational attachment some have for former ducks is odd. Bonino isn't much of an upgrade to the current lineup. Maybe as a fourth line center, but we have Thompson signed through next year for that role. Bonino is too slow to play with Rakell and Perry. Also, he scored most of his points on the power play (very good puck retrieval) but on the current ducks team he won't get any power play time.

Given all of the above, where does he fit and why would the ducks want his contract on the books next year when he's set to make 2.1M and the club has all sorts of RFA to sign? That would be a horrible waste. Only way to make that trade is if its straight up for stoner, and there's no way the penguins do that.

mytduxfan*

Off work and pulled an all nighter. Let's hope it's worth it. Last few season have been good.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
The irrational attachment some have for former ducks is odd. Bonino isn't much of an upgrade to the current lineup. Maybe as a fourth line center, but we have Thompson signed through next year for that role. Bonino is too slow to play with Rakell and Perry. Also, he scored most of his points on the power play (very good puck retrieval) but on the current ducks team he won't get any power play time.

Given all of the above, where does he fit and why would the ducks want his contract on the books next year when he's set to make 2.1M and the club has all sorts of RFA to sign? That would be a horrible waste. Only way to make that trade is if its straight up for stoner, and there's no way the penguins do that.

Agreed. I think a lot of fans have an infatuation with the former players and I don't understand it. The Kunitz one drives me nuts every time I see it. Lol

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
LA got Versteeg. We really need something.

ughh... Eriksson would be amazing. Maybe let`s give our first? But still not sure B`s does that, but they should becouse we let Beleskey walk :laugh:

Perron-Getz-Eriksson
Cogs-Kes-Silf
Maroon-Rak-Pears

My goodness!

snes_pipe_dream_1.gif

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
I fully expect BM to wait till the last second again, and we will all complain because he doesn't do anything, then boom a trade.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Can't see BM using a first on a rental, but I'd like to be wrong this year. The more I think about it, the more Hanzal makes sense in which case you can justify giving up a first rounder +.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Can't see BM using a first on a rental, but I'd like to be wrong this year. The more I think about it, the more Hanzal makes sense in which case you can justify giving up a first rounder +.

Hanzal would be amazing, as would be his price.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

:huh:

If Maroon can skate on that line so can Bonino. And he's worlds better defensively than any of Maroon/Ritchie/Rakell/Perry.

I don't want him because he's been injured, and I hope the team learned something about that with Wiz last year, but he has a goal scoring touch and he's got far better hands than Thompson or Horcoff do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad