GDT: Deadline Day - Twas the night before Trademas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I'd be sad to see Vatanen go, especially after the comments about the Ducks being his favourite team since he was a kid. Not many players in this team's history were Ducks fans growing up.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
So what are our thoughts on Pirri for mid round picks? Would that be a disappointment or a shrewd move?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Lars Eller seems like a typical Bob Murray acquisition.

I`d love Eller but he`ll earn 9M in the next 2 seasons. Can`t see that happening

Nothing concrete. Just started listening to Stephens though (he starts at the 69 minute mark).
Listened it veeeeery briefly and yeah didn`t hear anything specific. In the morning i saw that the guy tweeted some of the Stephens quotes about not trading 1st or Theo and about that the Ducks will probably add a forward

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Sportsnet just posted a story running with both rumours paine denies, so obviously that guy has some credibility.

I'm sure he does -- as a Bruins columnist. I'm just not sure how he, a columnist in Boston, would know anything that's going on in Anaheim/Tampa. None of the TSN/SN insiders know anything about us, how is Jimmy McNuggets here any different?

The fact that Sportsnet took this and ran with it tells more about the quality of their stories than the legitimaticy of Jimmy as a "source".

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Hanzal would make us a clear cup favourite, IMO. No team could deal with Rakell-Hanzal-Perry as a 3rd line. If at all reasonable, you have to spring for him.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
So what are our thoughts on Pirri for mid round picks? Would that be a disappointment or a shrewd move?

He's an upgrade over Maroon/Ritchie for the 3rd line LW spot. But he still has his limitations and it doesn't make that line any better defensively.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
They're talking about what a great job the Leafs are doing. Is this why Canadian fans are so delusional?

Last edited by a moderator:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Come on at least give me a Ducks rumor before I have to leave for class in an hour and a half

AnaheimDucks91

May 10, 2013
They're talking about what a great job the Leafs are doing. Is this why Canadian fans are so delusional?

Trust me, living in Canada on both TSN and Sportsnet all they talk about Is the leafs. It gets quite annoying!

Last edited by a moderator:

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
We should definitely consider it strongly but just not today. Fowler will soon be UFA and will get a huge rise, that is one thing many are overlooking.

The timing of Fowler needing a new contract is better for the team then the timing of Lindholm/Vatanen. By the time Fowler is due Bieksa, Stoner, and Maroon will all be gone. The only other big deals to be done at that time would be Cogliano, Ritchie, Theodore, and Manson. But with the last 3 being RFA's they shouldn't be hard to sign at a good number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad