Online Series: De Niro, Pacino, Pesci and Martin Scorsese "The Irishman"

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I think this movie will be the last stand for many of those involved in the sense that lot of the main guys, their greatness is in the past and I think this will be their last kick at a great movie.

I just hope it does not suck
The book is so great. If they stick to that premise it will be a fantastic film.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think this movie will be the last stand for many of those involved in the sense that lot of the main guys, their greatness is in the past and I think this will be their last kick at a great movie.

I just hope it does not suck

It will also be the last good mob movie.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I have heard about Michael Franchese's life being turned into a movie. That could have promise.

That would be awesome - as arguably one of the "richest" to ever be in the mob, I've always wondered why they never did his story (mind you theres so many capos/bosses they should do) especially because he got out of the life & went straight, plus his gas scam was pretty notable.

What I meant tho was that the golden generation of mob actors are all 70+ now and this will be their last hurrah. Nobody will ever to play mob guys the way Pacino, De Niro, Pesci, Hill etc did. Scorsese won't be around forever either. Future movies may very well be good but we'll never have the same quality, but thats life.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
53ygl6xx2zm31.jpg

Release date out, November 1st limited theatre run, November 27th Netflix. May have to see this one in theatre. 3.5 hour run time, wow

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
53ygl6xx2zm31.jpg

Release date out, November 1st limited theatre run, November 27th Netflix. May have to see this one in theatre. 3.5 hour run time, wow

It is a long story to tell. Sounds like a lot of former feds lining up to poke holes in the view he killed Hoffa. The main one being that the guy Bobby D is playing nearly always worked alone.

Slate.com has a good take on his claims

It came out on august 7th

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thanks for linking it

the funny thing is I grabbed the link after reading the article so that I could send it to my dad as he worked for philadelphia electric back in the early 70's so I thought he might know or have heard of some of the names from philly but after posting it here I forgot to send it to him until I saw this post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad