Confirmed with Link: David Savard sign 4 years at 3.5M

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Seems fair to me, although I’m not that familiar with Savard’s game. Is he closer to a #4 or #6?

Think about the ones who criticized Chiarot and Edmundson.. they were wrong. They can play as physical D because their skating is not bad.

Here’s the bad news… they might be right this time around with Savard!

Might be a good fit for Romanov on the bottom pairing. We will see! Definitely not a solution to play with Chiarot

Last edited:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
He was playing 3rd line minutes. This is the wrong defenceman for us and so its also a bad contract. Too much for a 3rd pair D.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I read he's on of the only 3 Ds since the start of the 2013-2014 season to have at least 1100 hits and 900 blocked shots.

That's pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs13

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
It's quite clear how Bergevin wants his D to look like and if we make the playoffs they'll be a pain to play against once again but I really hope he realizes how badly we need a top tier PMD ...

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Seems fair to me, although I’m not that familiar with Savard’s game. Is he closer to a #4 or #6?
Heavy PK deployment, which replaces Weber in that regard.

On even strength, he can be used either on the 2nd, or 3rd pairing.

I expect him to log anywhere from #3 to #5 minutes. Aside from Petry, I think the next 3 or 4 guys will be used pretty evenly.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I think they bet on Norlinder to do the lineup, a little bit like Mete few years ago. Insted I think this time if they pair Norlinder with Savard for example it could be a nice pair. Norlinder could be our PP QB

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
I think they bet on Norlinder to do the lineup, a little bit like Mete few years ago. Insted I think this time if they pair Norlinder with Savard for example it could be a nice pair. Norlinder could be our PP QB
Looks like the plan.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Ok with the AAV, not expecting much, like less than Chiarot and Eddie, slightly above Alzner so hopefully won’t be disappointed

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Edmundson-Petry
Romanov-Savard
Chiarot-Wideman (or Kulak-Chiarot)

One puck mover on each pair, one tougher defender.

If Norlinder can make the team, we need to move one LHD to the right side, say Chiarot, with either Romanov or Norlinder. Or, Norlinder plays right side, which I think he has in Sweden.

tnq

Feb 16, 2004
Why do people piss off with Edmondson, Chariot, Savard? They are not 1D but they are good mentors for our Harris, Nolinder, Romolov

Reactions: Andrei79

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
#1 puck moving defenseman are quickly becoming like #1 centres, hard to acquire through free agency, you got to either trade for one or develop your own.

Minutes eating Dmen with size who play a heavy game also aren't easy to come by. Just look at the recent trade activity and what some of them are going for.

Jul 6, 2016

Norlinder is far from playing at NHL level. He is struggling in Sweden.

Jul 6, 2016
not true, he was in their top 3 for a reason, did not struggle. If he was struggling so badly then why did MB sign him 2 years before he had to?

4th D-man for points on his team and worst +- stats with his team. Had a tremendous camp and start then, faded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad