Confirmed with Link: David Savard sign 4 years at 3.5M

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Based on me watching Savard play and the Covid cap situation.
Ya, I’m sure you’ve been watching him all year play in the states where few of his games were being broadcasted lol

Covid cap……you know this applies to all the teams eh….? Yet players are signing left right and center.

Reactions: viceroy

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
:laugh: No, all for getting bang for buck and if we get 4 solid years all the better. Simply stating that if and whenever if things turn sour, the buyout won't sting like Alzer.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I just don't get the fit. Now 3 of our dmen can't move the puck well and it's not like Romanov is an offensive wizard that can do it on his own. It's probably the best player we could get so I guess that's why we did it.

Reactions: BLONG7

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I just don't get the fit. Now 3 of our dmen can't move the puck well and it's not like Romanov is an offensive wizard that can do it on his own. It's probably the best player we could get so I guess that's why we did it.

If there’s one thing Romanov can do today, it’s skate and move the puck. He needs a solid partner

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If there’s one thing Romanov can do today, it’s skate and move the puck. He needs a solid partner
The 3 dmen I was talking about are Chiarot, Edmundson and Savard. Romanov can skate and move the puck, but he likely isnt gonna put up good offensive stats.

Reactions: BLONG7

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The 3 dmen I was talking about are Chiarot, Edmundson and Savard. Romanov can skate and move the puck, but he likely isnt gonna put up good offensive stats.

It would be ideal to get a puckmover for Chiarot, I don’t disagree there.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I think he actually took a discount he was definitely offered more.

Ceci got 3.25 Hamonic got 3 Savard is significantly better than both.

Not sure about that...

From nemeth at 2.5M to Goglioski at 5M, Savards deal falls right down the middle.
He took less $ for more term. decent deal for us, but mostly bc of Webers situation & reality that we weren't going to fill the RD gap easily regardless.

Good deal for both sides but certainly not a bargain or significantly better than other dman deals going today

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
We have to many of the same kind of defenseman. The pucks going to look like a grenade in our own end. But I guess we had a big hole to fill on the right side because of Weber so we had to do something.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I'm happy with the deal. I was really thinking we'd get taken to the cleaners on this contract given our obvious need on RD. $3.5M AAV is about as low as one could realistically hope for.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Like the number at 3.5 , hopefully can get some offensive D , I'm sure our youngsters are not quite ready.
Speaking of which, what ever happened to some of our touted D prospects such as Brooks or Norlinder...are these guys not progressing as anticipated? Thanks for any replies.

_vivelequebec_

Mar 5, 2007
Montréal
Drouin will play as a D on the power play. But if we make the PO, and Weber comes back, we would get something like :

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Weber
Romanov - Savard
Wideman

Price
Allen

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I'm pleasantly surprised by the AVV. The prices for RHDs are high. 3 years would be ideal, but still can't complain.

Jul 6, 2016
Drouin will play as a D on the power play. But if we make the PO, and Weber comes back, we would get something like :

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Weber
Romanov - Savard
Wideman

Price
Allen

Don't count on Weber coming back ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad