Confirmed with Link: David Reinbacher Signed to 3-Year ELC

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What worries me is in order for him to reach his ceiling, he has to become the best Austrian born hockey player since Vanek.

Then someone will say, before Drai, Strutzle, and Seider, there was M Sturm in Germany. Are the Austrians due for a star? Maybe

Reactions: HabzSauce

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
If we are going to draft highly skilled European players? Playing on a significantly larger ice surface, which lends itself to more time to operate? f*** them and get them on the smaller NA ice. It’s not going to get better after a year.
It's not going to be worse if he does it at 20 as a D+2 either. I don't really have anything against putting him in the AHL either and I'll be fine with it if they decide to put him in Laval, but I just think it makes more sense to have him continue developing in Switzerland (or Sweden) to maintain some consistency in his playing environment while integrating new elements to his game and gaining confidence. He's already established himself as his team's #1D, and his ice time and role will only grow playing another season in Europe.

Mailloux, Trudeau, Norlinder, Tourigny, and Struble will all be competing for ice time in Laval with Beaudin, Keeper, and likely Wideman around as veterans too. Reinbacher doesn't need to be protected from small ice by any means, but if we can get him #1 minutes in a strong (and quite fast-paced) pro league in Switzerland and leave some more ice to go around for other prospects in Laval that just seems like the prudent thing to do IMO.

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I'm merely trying to prevent creating a narrative that's not based on evidence, because it will then skew our judgment. If we have a development team that we think is competent when in fact it's not, then all subsequent development failures will be wrongly attributed to other factors.

Now, is that a reason not to trust Adam Nicholas? Of course not! I would just prefer for people to hit the breaks on praising the guy and expressing confidence in him, until we have a track record to justify those sentiments.

For all we know, Reinbacher's coaches on Switzerland might be better than anyone we have here. They seem to have done a pretty good job so far.
Fair enough bud,
I happen to think he *is* doing a good job
But I get people being skeptical when it comes to our development track record.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Let's wait and see after the camp.
There's advantage to both league, so I don't care.

NL it's 52 games while AHL it's 72 games, which can be a plus for the AHL if you want him to play more hockey...or for the NL if you want him to have more time practicing and spend time in the gym.

Both league are not really development League, both it's mostly against men.

More control over his development in the AHL, but less outside noises in the NL.
The AHL has the rink size advantage, while the NL keep him in a familiar environment, on and off the ice.

And usually I would be 100% on NL, but it's the 1st time in a really, really long time......if what we hear is true, that Beck, Mesar, Mailloux, Struble, Farrell, Heineman, Roy, Kidney, Dobes all make the team, I've rarely saw our AHL team not being built with a bunch of 24+ years old players, it's going to be a very young team with a bunch of 20-22 years old prospect all in development. Will be a younger team than in NL.

So I see advantages in both league.

Reactions: Redux91

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
This thread is embarrassing

Everyone here is fooling themselves if you think the decision on Europe or AHL is anything but what David wants. An 18YO kid who fans here wants to force a world away because 'sMalLeR IcE yO'

Nobody cares what you think is best for a prospect, a prospect that 90% of you shit on day one anyhow; dont pretend now like you care about him
E4L fam! Europe 4 Life for our homie Rainbaker.

Reactions: Runner77

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Are they still considering sending him back to Europe , after what happend ?
Idk , i think it would be a mistake to send him overseas for his development and we'll have better results if we keep him close in Laval . Yes people were not happy at first but so what, we get over it and move on , he's our pick and you look ahead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Got some news for you kid.

"il entendait désormais prioriser les résultats de son groupe plutôt que la progression des jeunes espoirs sous sa gouverne.

« On a eu 72 matchs pour développer. Là, c’est rendu très important de gagner », avait dit l’entraîneurs avant le départ de son équipe pour Syracuse. "
Wow Thanks
Does Houle go on to thank Kent Hughes for telling him who to play when where and in what roles and lend support to this statement?

And? Mtl can still tells to Houle to play X amount of minutes and in X situations. They can't to that to Kloten. If he's not good enough to beat other prospects there, we have a problem.

This is a dismal attempt to justify what can only be termed a misinformed statement and I'm being generous.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
I think Europe is my first choice for him but I'm not against the AHL.

I'd just prefer Europe because then the team has less opportunity to rush him to the NHL.
Norlinder or Trudeau could be moved for him in Laval.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
How come?
Any problems using google translate? I really fail to understand how JF Houle saying word for word the opposite of what Rapala said is helping his case. :huh:
Help me out here @Redux91
My mother tongue is english as is my formal education. I only started speaking french at 6 years old and reading an writing it fairly fluently by 13.
Now I'm reasonably certain Google Translate isn't going to confirm the above. :help:
But please correct me if I'm wrong so I can offer up an appropriate apology.

edited :eek3:

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My mother tongue is english as is my formal education. I only started speaking french at 6 years old and reading an writing it fairly fluently by 13.
Now I'm reasonably certain Google Tramslate isn't going to confirm the above. :help:
Yeah, Google “Tramslate” is probably your first clue that it’s going to be useless. :sarcasm:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How come?
Any problems using google translate? I really fail to understand how JF Houle saying word for word the opposite of what Rapala said is helping his case. :huh:

If you read the article, it points to JF Houle using prospects in the playoffs. After starting Kevin Poulin in Game 1 of the 1st round, he put Primeau back (who was struggling down the stretch of the regular season) and he never gave the net back to Poulin. Primeau was the main reason Laval had reached the ECF that spring.

He then says that RHP and Ylonen were used in the Top-6 and getting PP and PK time, even if Ylonen wasn't producing much.

He put Joshua Roy in one game after he joined the team when his junior season ended. Norlinder was playing more and more before he got blindsided in the second round. Fairbrother returned from injury in the 3rd round and he was playing him, particularly on the PK.

So basically what the article is saying is that JF Houle was able to find the balance between winning and developing.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If you read the article, it points to JF Houle using prospects in the playoffs. After starting Kevin Poulin in Game 1 of the 1st round, he put Primeau back (who was struggling down the stretch of the regular season) and he never gave the net back to Poulin. Primeau was the main reason Laval had reached the ECF that spring.

He then says that RHP and Ylonen were used in the Top-6 and getting PP and PK time, even if Ylonen wasn't producing much.

He put Joshua Roy in one game after he joined the team when his junior season ended. Norlinder was playing more and more before he got blindsided in the second round. Fairbrother returned from injury in the 3rd round and he was playing him, particularly on the PK.

So basically what the article is saying is that JF Houle was able to find the balance between winning and developing.
Yes it does but it says nothing about Kent Hughes dictating playing time for Houle's players. So once again I'll say no one in the organization thinks that way. I must have misunderstood the meaning of the original post. Mtl can still tells to Houle to play X amount of minutes and in X situations. :dunno:

Last edited:

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Now I'm reasonably certain Google Translate isn't going to confirm the above. :help:
But please correct me if I'm wrong so I can offer up an appropriate apology.

edited :eek3:

lol.jpg

;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad