Confirmed with Link: David Reinbacher Signed to 3-Year ELC

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It's because 2020-21 is the covid bubble season, most of the Euro (KHL excluded) who played their D+1 in the AHL went back to Europe for their D+2.
Which proves why they brought Seider to the AHL right away, because the DEL was not going to help him become a better player. When he had to play, they had him loaned to Sweden which was the best non-NHL league available.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
A little bit of contradiction in your second statement. In Kloten he SHOULD be the go to guy (if not, we have a problem). In Laval, he WOULD be the go to guy, since like you said, we control his development. KH can tell to Houle how to employ him. He can't do the same to Kloten.
He won't be the only dman prospect in Laval, Houle's focus will go in a lot of directions. In Kloten we know for a fact Rein is going to get the first pairing treatment.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
He won't be the only dman prospect in Laval, Houle's focus will go in a lot of directions. In Kloten we know for a fact Rein is going to get the first pairing treatment.

And? Mtl can still tells to Houle to play X amount of minutes and in X situations. They can't to that to Kloten. If he's not good enough to beat other prospects there, we have a problem...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
And? Mtl can still tells to Houle to play X amount of minutes and in X situations. They can't to that to Kloten. If he's not good enough to beat other prospects there, we have a problem...
Yeah we get all that bud.
He's still going back to Swiss, and whether you DO believe it or not
He has a greater chance being #1D over there, than #1D here in Laval , regardless of how you feel Kent orders Houle around behind the scenes

Everything points to going back to Europe 1 more year
The year after that? The question will become NHL or AHL to start the year, because he is that good

Reactions: HabbyGuy and Rapala

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
At 18. You are going to have to give me a break. Nobody in our organization is going to think that way.
What way?
Yeah we get all that bud.
He's still going back to Swiss, and whether you DO believe it or not
He has a greater chance being #1D over there, than #1D here in Laval , regardless of how you feel Kent orders Houle around behind the scenes

Everything points to going back to Europe 1 more year
The year after that? The question will become NHL or AHL to start the year, because he is that good

Not sure how you can say that everything point to Europe when recent history points to AHL. But like I said earlier, NL is still a possibility. IMO, it's probably something 70/30 in favor of AHL if I had to bet on it.

Anyway, there's no point talking too much all this since it will most probably depends on David's performance at the camp.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I just don’t see the room for him with Savard, Barron and Kovacevic at RD and then the logjam at LD. I think they saw a single spot for Juraj where they could insulate and let Marty coach him. But having Reinbacher in the NHL would force 1-2 young D to be scratched at all times.
Agree, and adding on to this, they also didn't hesitate to send Barron down when it was clear he wasn't ready. I know it's easy for people to say that a 1st/5th overall pick has more pressure etc. but there was actually a fair bit of whining about Barron at the start of last year. People weren't really happy with the return on Lehkonen (and didn't seem to understand that we were effectively forced to trade Lehkonen and Toffoli because we couldn't afford them under the cap) and were pretty damn cranky about him getting sent down, especially after Lehkonen scored the cup winning goal and had a ton of points in Colorado.

I really think the Slafkovsky thing last year was just that they thought he would benefit from more direct technical training and/or didn't have the conditioning to play bigger minutes in Laval anyway. I know we have PTSD from past prospects but I just don't really think he was "rushed" in the way that seems to be the accepted wisdom on the Habs board.

Last edited:
Reactions: le_sean

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What way?
That the best thing to do is put an 18 year old raw rookie RD in the AHL because we can dictate to Houle how he should be using him. That is totally absurd.

Houle will play the players he determines will give him the best chance of winning each and every night. Exactly like Marty St. Louis does on the Big club.
Like I said nobody in the organization thinks that way.

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
What way?

Not sure how you can say that everything point to Europe when recent history points to AHL. But like I said earlier, NL is still a possibility. IMO, it's probably something 70/30 in favor of AHL if I had to bet on it.

Anyway, there's no point talking too much all this since it will most probably depends on David's performance at the camp.
Pretty sure it's more 70/30 in favor of Swiss.

Why do people keep writing about Adam Nicholas as if he was some kind of development guru? Is there anything to support this claim, or did we just choose to believe it?
Because he's a big and welcomed addition to the development staff..?

You want to know who Bergevin had there before new management took over?

Air.

• Haha
Reactions: Rapala and HabbyGuy

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
That the best thing to do is put an 18 year raw rookie RD in the AHL because we can dictate to Houle how he should be using him. That is totally absurd.
Houle will play the players he determines will give him the best chance of winning each and every night. Exactly like Marty St. Louis does on the Big club.
Like I said nobody in the organization thinks that way.

Got some news for you kid.

"il entendait désormais prioriser les résultats de son groupe plutôt que la progression des jeunes espoirs sous sa gouverne.

« On a eu 72 matchs pour développer. Là, c’est rendu très important de gagner », avait dit l’entraîneurs avant le départ de son équipe pour Syracuse. "

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
If we are going to draft highly skilled European players? Playing on a significantly larger ice surface, which lends itself to more time to operate? f*** them and get them on the smaller NA ice. It’s not going to get better after a year.
I think "f*** them" is the proper attitude to adopt towards our blue chip prospects.

Just because our management changed doesn't mean we should change our time proven development practices.

The kid should just shut up and be happy we no longer send him Hitler pics.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
How can you tell?

That's not entirely true, but let's say it is. Does this guy deserve our praise and confidence just because of his job title?
I can only answer this with : Where exactly are you going with this?
You would prefer he not be the guy?
You prefer having nobody instead?
Or you have someone else in mind, that should be hired instead? Why would the person you prefer be better than the guy we have already? How do you quantify what he brings?
How do you quantify what the guy you want instead can bring?

See.. basically, why does this specifically bother you so?

You haven't seen the loads of videos featuring this guy? His interviews and press conferences, what people and players have and had to say about him?
How he watches prospects games and videos and emails them advice and tips, how he plans out development paths for each prospect?
That's not my problem really lol, I've seen it all, it's up to you to inform yourself better on someone who's become a big part of our development staff, actually helping the future of the team

He's not just some guy with a job title, sitting in an office at the bell center in a suit and tie collecting a paycheck while scrolling on his phone...

Reactions: Rapala and HabbyGuy

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Got some news for you kid.

"il entendait désormais prioriser les résultats de son groupe plutôt que la progression des jeunes espoirs sous sa gouverne.

« On a eu 72 matchs pour développer. Là, c’est rendu très important de gagner », avait dit l’entraîneurs avant le départ de son équipe pour Syracuse. "
Lmao
You're actually helping Rap's case there buddy boy..

MisterY

May 7, 2010
Enigmatown
1688585811018.png

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Why do we want to limit Mailloux's minutes when he's barely played hockey these last few years? Or Reinbacher's? What's there to be gained by making them compete against each other for the same minutes?
because we know Reinbacher can already do that - so why send him back to the Swiss league when he can do that here and build chemistry with our guys

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I can only answer this with : Where exactly are you going with this?
I'm merely trying to prevent creating a narrative that's not based on evidence, because it will then skew our judgment. If we have a development team that we think is competent when in fact it's not, then all subsequent development failures will be wrongly attributed to other factors.

Now, is that a reason not to trust Adam Nicholas? Of course not! I would just prefer for people to hit the breaks on praising the guy and expressing confidence in him, until we have a track record to justify those sentiments.

For all we know, Reinbacher's coaches on Switzerland might be better than anyone we have here. They seem to have done a pretty good job so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad