Recalled/Assigned: David Reinbacher Assigned to the Laval Rocket

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Of all the pseudo hockey experts Lajoie is the one I despise the most. It’s moronic take after the other, I don’t get why he still has a media platform.

He also think Dvorsky would have been a better pick, it’s just name dropping prospects while wearing glasses to look less dumb. If I remember he “assured” viewers that it was impossible that Allen would be traded at the TDL but of course the week after no one is asking him how this new take is credible based on his past records.

PS I’m not complaining about those kind of “criticisms” on Habs management / prospects, it comes with the market and they have to get used to it, but Lavoie is just an idiot.
Hes not an expert at all, he got his big break after competing in a regional contest to become a radio host at what I believe was on CKAC (Something la lacademie du sport or sport academie.)

Another hack, lol.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
With at least ~25h of other commitments on a weekly basis this no doubt is gonna be a stressful time for Reinbacher. Might miss some practices and meetings anyway but I think it would be smart to limit his media exposure until the summer while he's still busy. He'll have more time next season.

I was just kidding btw, guys clearly serious about his commitments and it's going to take a lot of effort on his part, but I tend to see this as a good thing. Rather see that than guys like Ribeiro who's only commitment were Crescent Street and St Laurent Blvd.

Reactions: Redux91 and jrom

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I was just kidding btw, guys clearly serious about his commitments and it's going to take a lot of effort on his part, but I tend to see this as a good thing. Rather see that than guys like Ribeiro who's only commitment were Crescent Street and St Laurent Blvd.

His NHL career is his top priority and it will easily take precedence now and in the future. School is easy and there will be accommodations made for him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I know Hughes said that he won't play with the Habs this season, but if Laval is out of a playoff spot next month, I don't see why we shouldn't give him a game just so he can see what the NHL is like. Laval plays on April 13th and the next game isn't until the 19th. The Habs last game is on April 16th playing the Wings on a back to back. That's enough time to get a practice or two after the game on the 13th, play on the 16th, and then get back on the 19th. I don't think it's a big deal either way, but getting an NHL game before the summer to have a better understanding on what it's like could be useful.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He was also the most used defenseman 5 on 5 and overall. Seems they were prioritizing his minutes elsewhere,

If you drafted Guhle and he never played on the PK would you assume he's a shutdown D still?

True but I think he has great man-to-man defensive potential, similar to Guhle. Good size, skating, and activity with the stick, so hopefully he will be able to defend against the best in the league at even strength.

PK is less about mobility, need some big lugs willing to clear the front of the net.

He has NHL size for sure, and is good with his stick and how aggressive he is in his coverage.

On the big ice you don't need some big lug clearing the net.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I need some guidance. When is it time to freak out? :D
1710814073620.gif

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Not the same animal but definitely the same pedigree and hype hence the same trajectory projection.
I don’t know if I see edge with him, doesn’t even seem to be his personality. BUT he does play the body really well. Now that he’s added 20 lbs from when he got drafted, he’ll impose himself I would think

Reactions: Rapala

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
If you drafted Guhle and he never played on the PK would you assume he's a shutdown D still?

He has NHL size for sure, and is good with his stick and how aggressive he is in his coverage.

On the big ice you don't need some big lug clearing the net.

I agree in the sense that Reinbacher isn't a shutdown D. However, I would be more worried if that was happening in the CHL, not a pro league where he's the guy leading in ice time 5 on 5. We'll see how things are here in NA, I feel well get a better idea of what translates in his game come next year.

Reactions: Hinterland

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I agree in the sense that Reinbacher isn't a shutdown D. However, I would be more worried if that was happening in the CHL, not a pro league where he's the guy leading in ice time 5 on 5. We'll see how things are here in NA, I feel well get a better idea of what translates in his game come next year.

I don't see why it would matter between CHL or Pro, as we are talking about the worst defense in the league, a team that had Beaulieu on their top pairing. They were playing to win games so if 4 different head coaches felt they would win more with him on the PK then he would have been on the PK.

Just seems odd to me when I see posters saying he's this shutdown or defensive D when he's clearly got issues in his own end that could just come down to finding consistency but so far he's shown he's pretty far from a shutdown D or stay at home type. I'm not really sure what he is to be honest as he was kind of all over the map this season and his games were just brutal to watch as it was boring as shit.

Reactions: NORiculous

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don't see why it would matter between CHL or Pro, as we are talking about the worst defense in the league, a team that had Beaulieu on their top pairing. They were playing to win games so if 4 different head coaches felt they would win more with him on the PK then he would have been on the PK.

Just seems odd to me when I see posters saying he's this shutdown or defensive D when he's clearly got issues in his own end that could just come down to finding consistency but so far he's shown he's pretty far from a shutdown D or stay at home type. I'm not really sure what he is to be honest as he was kind of all over the map this season and his games were just brutal to watch as it was boring as shit.

I agree he has to work on positioning against the puck...which is also something Reinbacher admitted himself. However, Beaulieu was part of both Kloten's and Reinbacher's problem. When Beaulieu came in, Reinbacher lost his partner Kellenberger, had to babysit Beaulieu instead. Thankfully, Beaulieu was eventually sent packing because his play just wasn't good enough for NL level. Kloten willingly finished the season without an import defenseman just to lose Beaulieu. That's how bad the guy was.

Re coaching, they just wanted Reinbacher on the ice 5vs5, which is where he moves the needle much more so than on special teams. Expect the Habs organization to play him on special teams just for the sake of it but personally I think Reinbacher will always have the biggest impact at even strength. Habs almost have to use him on special teams though with only 6 defensemen in NA lineups. Remember in Europe teams usually dress at least 8 defensemen. His transition game is what sets him apart from other prospects though and transition is never more important than at even strength.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don’t know if I see edge with him, doesn’t even seem to be his personality. BUT he does play the body really well. Now that he’s added 20 lbs from when he got drafted, he’ll impose himself I would think

He loves play with an edge but he's not gonna be a volume hitter like Seider if that's what you mean. I'd be surprised if that's what he turns into. Don't see him as a fighter either. Just not his thing. He does have a mean streak though. Loves to be in on the action, step up for a big hit every now and then.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I dislike Bergevin as much as the next guy, but nothing what you said here is true.

The dog comment was something he said when asked if he expected Radulov to be loyal to the Habs. He implied he doesn't expect players to be loyal in sports since they're out to get the most money they can. I don't think the comment was even made about Markov at all.
Dog comment was made during him discussing both players but I certainly can't prove that what you say is wrong in him being specific to Rads, but I believed it was general comment including Markov.

. Otherwise what am I saying that is incorrect ? I say what a great guy Markov was, he should have gone out a certain way and didn't, and blame Bergevin because I do. Just like Bergevin got all worked up about what PK wanted, Rads and Markov, then Danault. Guy literally got angry with the players for asking for what they did and so if Molson hadn't stepped in PK would have signed a 2 year deal both Russians gone and Danault as well, over half a million.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Hes not an expert at all, he got his big break after competing in a regional contest to become a radio host at what I believe was on CKAC (Something la lacademie du sport or sport academie.)

Another hack, lol.
And that contest was fixed. He was a radio guy in Granby, not an amateur at all, and had a good friend of his as a CKAC station manager.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Wunderbar! Finally made it to Laval for a cup of tea before heading to Montreal. Now you can all see for yourselves what he is, a blend of David Savard and Justin Barron and most certainly a future top pairing that will be the go to to shut down the game. That is the expectation of him or else it's a failed pick.

Reactions: Benstheman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad