Recalled/Assigned: David Reinbacher Assigned to the Laval Rocket

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We have a lot of young Ds at the NHL level already, with Hutson likely incoming, so Reinbacher in Laval for the season makes a lot of sense. Given Reinbacher is coming from another country, another language, not used to Canadian rink size and has played the year on a lousy team, makes sense for him personally just to play on Laval this year.

My expectations are he is a couple of years away from the NHL so if he is shaky in Laval for a while that is to be expected. Just want to see progress over next season. If he shows something good at all this year then that's exciting. His first concern has to be defense, but it would be a treat to see him show some PMD abilities and an offensive touch.

Reactions: FloJack

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
We have a lot of young Ds at the NHL level already, with Hutson likely incoming, so Reinbacher in Laval for the season makes a lot of sense. Given Reinbacher is coming from another country, another language, not used to Canadian rink size and has played the year on a lousy team, makes sense for him personally just to play on Laval this year.

My expectations are he is a couple of years away from the NHL so if he is shaky in Laval for a while that is to be expected. Just want to see progress over next season. If he shows something good at all this year then that's exciting. His first concern has to be defense, but it would be a treat to see him show some PMD abilities and an offensive touch.
One thing for sure is DR could very play the entire season in Laval in 24-25. Absolutely no need to rush him.

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
This I don't see.
These players are on completely different trajectories and a giveaway isn't going to change that.
There isn't a Dman on Laval who doesn't give the puck away NOT ONE.
It just so happens that they get magnified when we expect more of a player.
Reinbacher will give the puck away get ready for it. What happens afterwards is what really counts.

What I mean is that they're gonna want to give Reinbacher more than third pairing duties, but you can't really demote Mailloux or Barron, both "promising" prospects who've given their everything to the Rocket most of the season. Houle will have to justify Rein's insertion on the second pairing to the locker room and, clearly, Barron is primed to be under the tightest leash ever.

Thus my reflexion on his attitude that has to be stellar if he wants a future in Montreal (and don't get me wrong - from NHL to AHL last pairing/possibly occasional odd man out in a couple of months ought to be really hard on anyone's morale). Something's gotta give with the D surplus this summer and he's already the leading candidate to be moved.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I hope he keeps being sassy like this. Like Markov
Didn't take Slaf long to figure Montreal out did it ?

Guessing having young guys like Suzuki, Caufield , Xheraj etc is a big help. Cool that these boys are going to grow up together. They will play for each other and give it all they have not wanting to let the boys down. We will have a good group.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Is that the real Kev ? :laugh:
The devil won

source.gif

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Tit-cul needs to cut down on the soda nights and all will be good.
I wasn't exactly a Saint at his age. :laugh:
It's always hard for me to judge what is normal and what is overboard for these kids.
I guess if it's affecting job performance or can turn into a long term problem that can't be too good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad