Recalled/Assigned: David Reinbacher Assigned to the Laval Rocket

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
I've been wondering... Not seeing that DR will provide a lot of offensive from his first passes, is it low or average hockeyIQ?

For example, saying that DR had a quiet night last night is pretty low hockeyIQ. The way he killed plays, his board works, his relances... All high qualities.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I've been wondering... Not seeing that DR will provide a lot of offensive from his first passes, is it low or average hockeyIQ?

For example, saying that DR had a quiet night last night is pretty low hockeyIQ. The way he killed plays, his board works, his relances... All high qualities.
...he's three games into his pro career! Relax a little.

• Love
Reactions: Tyson

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Cool story. But that's not what you said. Just admit you are wrong and move on
I'm not.

Maybe reading is hard for you.

In Montreal, we have two PRO basketball teams. Would you say that level of play is equal to the NBA? Yeah. See ya.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
I'm not.

Maybe reading is hard for you.

In Montreal, we have two PRO basketball teams. Would you say that level of play is equal to the NBA? Yeah. See ya.
giphy.gif

Must have been triggered with the low hockeyIQ comment.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal

maybe it's just me but i'm having a really hard time understanding this post

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Reinbacher is a smart player, with good size and skating, and a big shot. In terms of who he ultimately becomes, there are a range of possibilities, personally I just don’t see the high end skill level to ever be a high end point producer. I stand by my right handed Guhle prediction. Fortunately we have Hutson and Mailloux in place who do have the high end skill levels to potentially be that high end point producer, albeit with other limitations. Was Reinbacher worth 5th overall over Michkov? I don’t think so, but I will admit a future top 4 of Hutson-Reinbacher and Guhle-Mailloux could be elite especially from an offensive standpoint.

Reactions: mdk

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Shot doctor has some work to do over the summer. I think he still has upside in that area.
I'm already imaging it's him Suzuki is finding coming in late and not Jonathan Kovacevic. :skeptic:

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Reinbacher is a smart player, with good size and skating, and a big shot. In terms of who he ultimately becomes, there are a range of possibilities, personally I just don’t see the high end skill level to ever be a high end point producer. I stand by my right handed Guhle prediction. Fortunately we have Hutson and Mailloux in place who do have the high end skill levels to potentially be that high end point producer, albeit with other limitations. Was Reinbacher worth 5th overall over Michkov? I don’t think so, but I will admit a future top 4 of Hutson-Reinbacher and Guhle-Mailloux could be elite especially from an offensive standpoint.
So I guess people do not learn that progression and development has a lot more to do with who a player becomes then the skills they have when originally joining there respective NHL team. Listening to this board Slaf was the worst pick in habs history earlier this year.

Reinbacher played 6 games in NA after a miserable season with his team in switzerland (the entire team had a miserable season and they changed coaches 3 times). He has 3 pts and his a plus player, he is off to a fantastic start if you consider everything including the pressure situation he's been put in by comments like this on Michkov who most of us never seem play other then world juniors.

A players need to settle in (just happening now), then get comfortable with the new ice size, type of play and system (will get there before the end of the year), Next season you can hope that he starts showing off what he is made off and even then it will be early.He is a big boy and Dmen take longer to develop. Any sort of assessment like this is quite futile at this point in time. Time will tell but it sure looks very promissing.

Reactions: ElQuebecois

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto

I’m big on Reinbacher but it is super fair to think about what Michkov and one of the D men this year would look like as a combo since it’s a draft deep on D.

All the same though we have no idea where we end up, a combo of Reinbacher / Celebrini or Demidov is just as good as the above. (Doesn’t feel likely yet but we’ll let the cards play out)

Personally I think Celebrini is going to be a top 3-5 player in his prime

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And as Francis Bouillon recently, no one knows within the organization whether Hutson's skills will transfer to the NHL level and how he'll be defensively. For now we have Matheson as a stop gap for that offensive guy.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad