Recalled/Assigned: David Reinbacher Assigned to the Laval Rocket

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I miss Markov 😭
LOL, seriously though. Only Marc "freaking" Bergevin could take a hate on Andrei Markov and try to turn him into a villainous , greedy character to be run out of Montreal. You know, the most, professional , low maintenance guy, and a star player that you can find in the NHL, and that moron implied Markov wasnt loyal with that dog crack. Markov was as loyal as you can possibly get and should have retired circling the Bell Centre to a 10 minute standing ovation, not going quietly in the night,

Okay, now Im worked up.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
LOL, seriously though. Only Marc "freaking" Bergevin could take a hate on Andrei Markov and try to turn him into a villainous , greedy character to be run out of Montreal. You know, the most, professional , low maintenance guy, and a star player that you can find in the NHL, and that moron implied Markov wasnt loyal with that dog crack. Markov was as loyal as you can possibly get and should have retired circling the Bell Centre to a 10 minute standing ovation, not going quietly in the night,

Okay, now Im worked up.
I dislike Bergevin as much as the next guy, but nothing what you said here is true.

The dog comment was something he said when asked if he expected Radulov to be loyal to the Habs. He implied he doesn't expect players to be loyal in sports since they're out to get the most money they can. I don't think the comment was even made about Markov at all.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Bienvenue a Montreal, David :facepalm:

GI_CdqCWEAAXwJB.jpg

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

View attachment 837975
Title are often misleading. sometimes it's even the opposite of the opinion stated in the article specially when there's an interrogation point at the end.

It's good to read the article before facepalming it, JC is far from being my favorite but i think he is spot on with this one

''Alors avant de cataloguer Reinbacher comme un «bust», je vais me garder une petite gêne. Mais je suis fébrile à l’idée de voir ce qu’il va apporter à la table du Rocket de Laval dans sa course effrénée pour se tailler une place en séries de fin de saison.''

That's a small bit of the article, wich is worth reading imo.

Reactions: Guillermo

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
have you ever seen a defensive defensemen that 4 Head Coaches felt he wasn't needed on the PK of the worst defensive team in the league?

I agree he isn't a defensive defenseman. Even the player himself likes his offensive game but says he has to improve against the puck.

Having said that, he didn't play PK because not because he wasn't needed but because he's needed at even strength. Reinbacher is most effective in transition, therefore kinda wasted on special teams. Him skipping practices and team meetings due to other commitments didn't increase the likelyhood of him getting special team TOI either but it was pretty obvious coaches just wanted Reinbacher on the ice at even strength for as much as possible. Which makes sense I think.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Looking forward to watching him play! I'm convinced he's going to do really well after a few games to adjust to NA ice. Place Bell is going to be packed for his first home game no doubt about it.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
But how's he going to find the time with his job and school responsibilities ? Oh how ??

With at least ~25h of other commitments on a weekly basis this no doubt is gonna be a stressful time for Reinbacher. Might miss some practices and meetings anyway but I think it would be smart to limit his media exposure until the summer while he's still busy. He'll have more time next season.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Title are often misleading. sometimes it's even the opposite of the opinion stated in the article specially when there's an interrogation point at the end.

It's good to read the article before facepalming it, JC is far from being my favorite but i think he is spot on with this one

''Alors avant de cataloguer Reinbacher comme un «bust», je vais me garder une petite gêne. Mais je suis fébrile à l’idée de voir ce qu’il va apporter à la table du Rocket de Laval dans sa course effrénée pour se tailler une place en séries de fin de saison.''

I haven’t read an article. It was on the TV.

Could be a bait title like you said

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
have you ever seen a defensive defensemen that 4 Head Coaches felt he wasn't needed on the PK of the worst defensive team in the league?
True but I think he has great man-to-man defensive potential, similar to Guhle. Good size, skating, and activity with the stick, so hopefully he will be able to defend against the best in the league at even strength.

PK is less about mobility, need some big lugs willing to clear the front of the net.

Reactions: Hinterland

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Title are often misleading. sometimes it's even the opposite of the opinion stated in the article especially when there's an interrogation point at the end.

It's good to read the article before facepalming it, JC is far from being my favorite but I think he is spot on with this one

''So before labeling Reinbacher as a 'bust', I'm going to be a little embarrassed. But I'm excited to see what he will bring to the table for the Laval Rocket in its frantic race to secure a place in the end-of-season playoffs.''

Ya it's like me starting a new thread:
IS TEAMFIRST THE WORST POSTER ON HFBOARDS?

then inside saying "no he's ok, let's give him a chance" lol
its trash clickbait (which Reinbacher is likely to get a glance of)

wonder why more players don't want to come to MTL?
wonder why young players have to deal with extra pressure?

It's this kind of crap.

sorry that's the end of my rant.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Ya it's like me starting a new thread:
IS TEAMFIRST THE WORST POSTER ON HFBOARDS?

then inside saying "no he's ok, let's give him a chance" lol
its trash clickbait (which Reinbacher is likely to get a glance of)

wonder why more players don't want to come to MTL?
wonder why young players have to deal with extra pressure?

It's this kind of crap.

sorry that's the end of my rant.

Then the problem isn't the article in itself

Reactions: McGees

jrom

Mar 28, 2022

View attachment 837975

Of all the pseudo hockey experts Lajoie is the one I despise the most. It’s moronic take after the other, I don’t get why he still has a media platform.

He also think Dvorsky would have been a better pick, it’s just name dropping prospects while wearing glasses to look less dumb. If I remember he “assured” viewers that it was impossible that Allen would be traded at the TDL but of course the week after no one is asking him how this new take is credible based on his past records.

PS I’m not complaining about those kind of “criticisms” on Habs management / prospects, it comes with the market and they have to get used to it, but Lavoie is just an idiot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad