Recalled/Assigned: David Reinbacher Assigned to the Laval Rocket

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
To be fair. I do love all the (tongue in cheek) bust talk about prospects before they've had a cup of coffee in the pros. Its funny cause there's so many actual fans that have this defense mechanism where they wont let themselves get excited because theyre jaded lovers and they dont want to get dissapointed again so they jump straight to dissapointment - which is an awesome way to live life! Or the other type of fan who hates the pick cause it wasnt theres and is so confident in themselves that they cant let themselves be wrong - which is another amazing attribute!
Either way, Habs fans are the best!

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Wunderbar! Finally made it to Laval for a cup of tea before heading to Montreal. Now you can all see for yourselves what he is, a blend of David Savard and Justin Barron and most certainly a future top pairing that will be the go to to shut down the game. That is the expectation of him or else it's a failed pick.
Now that's inspiring

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
To be fair. I do love all the (tongue in cheek) bust talk about prospects before they've had a cup of coffee in the pros. Its funny cause there's so many actual fans that have this defense mechanism where they wont let themselves get excited because theyre jaded lovers and they dont want to get dissapointed again so they jump straight to dissapointment - which is an awesome way to live life! Or the other type of fan who hates the pick cause it wasnt theres and is so confident in themselves that they cant let themselves be wrong - which is another amazing attribute!
1000000813.jpg

Habs fans are no1 in my heart

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Wunderbar! Finally made it to Laval for a cup of tea before heading to Montreal. Now you can all see for yourselves what he is, a blend of David Savard and Justin Barron and most certainly a future top pairing that will be the go to to shut down the game. That is the expectation of him or else it's a failed pick.
Escuse me, He's a failed pick if he doenst develop into Moritz Seider 2.0. In fact, everytime Michkov scores a point anywhere, Reinbacher has to score while landing a triple axle.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
We get it, you and others find the defensive side of the game hard to follow. It IS a tough game to really follow and understand.

I've seen the takes here on guys like Weber, and Danault....embarrassing level of analysis.

So ya, I would love for the team to have a true shutdown dman that can dominate possession, move the puck up ice, chip in offensively
Considering the Habs and Laval both suck in their own end, I’d draft another defenceman with the first pick if he was a guaranteed shut down guy!
(Just kidding of course)

Escuse me, He's a failed pick if he doenst develop into Moritz Seider 2.0. In fact, everytime Michkov scores a point anywhere, Reinbacher has to score while landing a triple axle.
At the rate things are going, Michkov might be driving a tank in Eastern Europe in the near future 😉

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
and we will call him Reinbuster after a bad game and give him the Norris after a good one, we good

Reactions: DAChampion

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Third type is the big-brain contrarian fan who posts incessantly (read: daily) about how fans are wrong to get excited about player(s), but claim that they actually want the player to succeed. Good way to be smarter than everyone and hedge your bet.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Third type is the big-brain contrarian fan who posts incessantly (read: daily) about how fans are wrong to get excited about player(s), but claim that they actually want the player to succeed. Good way to be smarter than everyone and hedge your bet.
Ya, the "I really want him to succeed, have never really seen him play, but think he is a low IQ slug, post everyday guy". I love that guy, you just know he REALLY wants the player to succeed.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
At the draft last year I wanted MIchkov because he was reported to be the BPA and it also made way more sense for us to take a high skill forward over a D just based on our roster and prospect pool composition. I was never upset with the Reinbacher pick, because no team would ever turn down a 6'3 210lb RH two-way D. Its the exact profile that every team is always looking for. That all said, I feel even better about the pick now for two reasons, and they're both Slaf.

1) at the draft last year Slaf's future was kind of up in the air. Did he actually have what it took to justify his draft position or were the Habs won over simply on his physical package and interviews, and were we making the same mistake again with Reinbacher over MIchkov? Its way easier to trust the scouting and development when we see it paying huge returns already with Slaf.

2) Slaf looking like he can be a full time top line forward moving forward eases a lot of the worries about roster composition and lets us focus on building a potentially elite blue line. And, not only does it work positionally, both guys are big bodies that we can add to a growing stable of big and mean players. If we don't win the lottery this year I pray Cayden Lindstrom falls to us. He seems like the perfect package to round out our roster (assuming most guys pan out).

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
What would be the harm of having a D corps the likes of: for 24-25
1- Guhle + Matheson
2- Mailloux + Savard
3- jackeye+ Rainmkr

In my never ending quest to rid this this team of small one dimensional players, we have two HUGE assets to trade: CC + Hutson

Forwards:
Blank - Suzuki - Slaf
Blank - Dach - Roy

So with all of our petite gars do chez nous, all of our tradeable assets, along with anchor baby Gally. All of our draft picks plus Newhook, RPH, andy, armia, pezz, etc...

All hugo needs is to draft (this year) a top 6 like Lindstrom, and make 1 trade.. we're not that far off...

Reactions: Heffyhoof

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

OMG he lost an edge and ended up on his ass. I can't anymore. He's a disaster.

So we drafted Bambi 2.0? Biggest bust in the history of bust!

What would be the harm of having a D corps the likes of: for 24-25
1- Guhle + Matheson
2- Mailloux + Savard
3- jackeye+ Rainmkr

In my never ending quest to rid this this team of small one dimensional players, we have two HUGE assets to trade: CC + Hutson

Forwards:
Blank - Suzuki - Slaf
Blank - Dach - Roy

So with all of our petite gars do chez nous, all of our tradeable assets, along with anchor baby Gally. All of our draft picks plus Newhook, RPH, andy, armia, pezz, etc...

All hugo needs is to draft (this year) a top 6 like Lindstrom, and make 1 trade.. we're not that far off...
Mailloux is a RHD. Savard will be gone in 2024-25.

• Haha
Reactions: Adam Michaels

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
So we drafted Bambi 2.0? Biggest bust in the history of bust!

Mailloux is a RHD. Savard will be gone in 2024-25.
Then i maintain= if we cant draft Cellibrini or Lindstrom then Rhd is the clear choice..

There is no reason for the Habs atp to not be the most feared D corps of all time..
This D along with a Levshunov and/or Parekh would be dynamite.. like the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

Reactions: shamrun

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
Where’s all the “skating is a concern” experts that seem to comment on every single prospect?
To be fair that ice looked like it just got carpet bombed. Lets be patient with Reinbacher. Let him slow cook in the ahl for a while. Montreal media and fans will chew him up.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
What’s truly embarrassing is how some posters have to bash others to aggrandize their supposed superior hockey knowledge. Live and let live. Sheesh, this forum sometimes.
How true...........the Slaf haters have all gone, and some even took their HF accounts, and went home!

In todays world for some reason there is no compromise of middle ground...............there is right and wrong, not sure when all this happened?

This board has some terrific hockey minds, who do NOT work in the field, but love to judge it.
We must bash someone, and Slaf proved people wrong, we are now kicking Orville?
I wanted a forward too guys, this kid is going to be a very good Dman.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How true...........the Slaf haters have all gone, and some even took their HF accounts, and went home!

In todays world for some reason there is no compromise of middle ground...............there is right and wrong, not sure when all this happened?

This board has some terrific hockey minds, who do NOT work in the field, but love to judge it.
We must bash someone, and Slaf proved people wrong, we are now kicking Orville?
I wanted a forward too guys, this kid is going to be a very good Dman.
Hughes would be smart to allow this guy a season or two to truly learn and develop at the AHL level. Absolutely no need to rush him.

Excellent read

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
To be fair that ice looked like it just got carpet bombed. Lets be patient with Reinbacher. Let him slow cook in the ahl for a while. Montreal media and fans will chew him up.
This management group did a good job handling a top draftee in Slaf and likely also learned a ton in the process. If that’s any indication, Reinbacher is in good hands and chances are they’ll do the right thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad