Player Discussion David Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
every howden/lias comment this year is 100% deja vu to the same debates over pionk & ada last year

I don’t see these discussions comparable at all outside of one player on both sides playing over their heads. Many people though Pionk was awful and that DeAngelo was actually good. I don’t think most people think Andersson is anywhere near the level of DeAngelo. It’s that we know Howden is bad and it makes no sense Andersson isn’t even given a chance. DeAngelo was given opportunity last years - not the consistent huge mins of Pionk but he got PP time and was actually played in a role which gave him the chance to show what he can do.

Reactions: McRanger

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Andersonn was doing good to start the year and preseason, but yet, Quinn just buried him.

He was doing good, yes, he wasnt doing anything special unless you were focused on just him imo. I dont understand what the rush is with this kid, everyone develops at a different rate, I still feel he just needs to be stronger to play the style he is comfortable playing. I mentioned before a Callahan comparison with regards to style of play, its how he played growing up and it was successful, he just needs to fill out. The big thing he has going for him is he has the heart for the game, and the willingness to get better. I'd rather try and tame a tiger than paint stripes on a house cat, and he has a winning pedigree, and underrated hockey skill, imo he just needs to fill out. So to me, Quinn is sheltering him, teaching him defense and penalty killing until he is ready to play his game. I don't think they have buried or given up on him at all, quite the opposite.

Last edited:
Reactions: MyLoveIsBlue

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yeah- I don't need to. I never tell people to stop positing unlike some others on here. The complete lack of respect some people show is disgusting and when I need to defend myself I will.
As you will. Usually pounding the chest to show of your so-called credentials is not the way to go. But as you will.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think also people see the coach or the GM and that's where they stop. A lot don't put much consideration in the people around them and the group effort it takes to build a championship team.
People seem to have the view that Quinn operates some sort of a rogue outfit in which he answers to no one. The reality, and this has been said time and time again, the plan and vision was built by Gorton and blessed by JD. That goes right into where and what to do with Staal. If you are not on board with what Quinn does, then you are not on board with Gorton plan or JD's blessing of it.

We can all find things to complain about at the micro level. I admit, I am at a bit of a loss when it comes to the handling of Andersson. But big picture-wise, I believe that all 3 have their ships going in the same direction and that they communicate with each other. A lot.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
As you will. Usually pounding the chest to show of your so-called credentials is not the way to go. But as you will.

Why bring this up again? I think I made myself clear as to why I did what I did. I've made the attempt to move on and think we should let the personal stuff lay.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Babcock just got fired. Rangers should hire him as head coach and make Quinn his associate/assistant.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Any chance we could bring in Babs? Keep Quinn, add Babcock, Ruff leaves. No way this happens right? Babcock would need to be HC, doubt he takes an assistant/associate job.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
A coach was just fired by a team with more talent and considered a Cup contender. That two has two more points than the Rangers. That team has played 4 more games than the Rangers. So let’s get him. WeNeverGetAGoodPost

Last edited:
Reactions: Buchnevich89

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Any chance we could bring in Babs? Keep Quinn, add Babcock, Ruff leaves. No way this happens right? Babcock would need to be HC, doubt he takes an assistant/associate job.
Zero Point Zero.

Quinn was the man that Gorton wanted for the job. Quinn has shown that he can get these young players to play. JD was brought in and bought into Gorton's vision. I like Babcock, but there is absolutely no way he is coming here.

I know that there is a school of thought that Quinn may be the man that comes before the man who will ultimately guide this team when they are contenders. And that may well be, when you look at all of the factors. That said, I think that Gorton signed Quinn to be here for a longer time frame that some think.

Reactions: haveandare

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
David Quinn should get the Jack Daniels award just for not dressing Staal anymore.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Why? He was just fired by a team with more talent and considered a Cup contender. That two has two more points than the Rangers. That team has played 4 more games than the Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad