Player Discussion David Quinn: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Getting heavily out played by 2 of the worst teams in the league (even if they resulted in wins) is far from comforting.

Won't be able to sustain that for any length of time with Georgiev getting most of the starts for a while if not the rest of the season.
The wins are just some runbad reverting to the mean. They're still screwed don't worry. Although sillier 2 month goalie runs have happened (anyone remember the Hamburglar?)

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Getting heavily out played by 2 of the worst teams in the league (even if they resulted in wins) is far from comforting.

Won't be able to sustain that for any length of time with Georgiev getting most of the starts for a while if not the rest of the season.

It will all even out over the course the whole season!

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

New Jersey stole one from us earlier in the season and now we stole one back. Despite the lopsided score I don't think we played well--but Jersey's defense isn't the greatest and some of the plays we made were really outstanding like the power play rush and Strome's pass to Kreider and Lafreniere's outstanding pass to Buch and then later on Laffy really sniped one.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Okay? Mike Keenan won a cup too but I don’t want him coaching this team either
Yeah that is absolutely apples to apples right? A guy winning almost 30 years ago to a guy winning 2 in the last decade during a new era of hockey while doing it with a young up and coming team with a lot of 1st round picks. Sound similar? It should.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
New Jersey stole one from us earlier in the season and now we stole one back. Despite the lopsided score I don't think we played well--but Jersey's defense isn't the greatest and some of the plays we made were really outstanding like the power play rush and Strome's pass to Kreider and Lafreniere's outstanding pass to Buch and then later on Laffy really sniped one.

It was very similar to that first NJ game with out the 4 posts hit for NJ (they got 1.)

We did capitalize on seemingly every half decent chance we got though, so yeah that should count for something but still, they should have smoked this team both on the score board and on optics.

Reactions: eco's bones

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

Mika did a lot of the work on Laf's goal and threaded the feed between the legs of the Devils defender.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Mika did a lot of the work on Laf's goal and threaded the feed between the legs of the Devils defender.

That really was a goal I liked to see. That's the first time we've really seen Alexis snipe a shot. His first goal was coming down the slot alone in OT--the second when Panarin fed him right on top of the crease---the third Buch banked it off his leg when he was standing in the crease. This was a for real snipe.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
That really was a goal I liked to see. That's the first time we've really seen Alexis snipe a shot. His first goal was coming down the slot alone in OT--the second when Panarin fed him right on top of the crease---the third Buch banked it off his leg when he was standing in the crease. This was a for real snipe.

I was in awe of the velocity and accuracy for a kid's shot.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
This is why this coach is brutal.

How do you go from top-6 and PP1 to being scratched? Yea, I thought he could’ve been better last night, but seriously?

Blackwell has also had to have a couple "maintenance" days. His style of play isnt forgiving for his frame. People read into practice lines way too much.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Blackwell has also had to have a couple "maintenance" days. His style of play isnt forgiving for his frame. People read into practice lines way too much.
I hope you're right because otherwise it makes very little sense. The guy goes from getting pp1 time over guys like Lafreniere to being scratched with guys like Rooney/Howden staying in the lineup.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I love Lemieux and PDG but either can come out. He’s going to sit a guy with 8 points in 13 games who is playing PP1? Idk, he’s just so inconsistent of a coach.
Or he can scratch Howden, put Rooney at 4C where he belongs and have Blackwell on line 3. Never gonna happen though, Howden is untouchable.

Reactions: bl02

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Or he can scratch Howden, put Rooney at 4C where he belongs and have Blackwell on line 3. Never gonna happen though, Howden is untouchable.
Yes. I just think this guy is an idiot. He doesn’t know his personnel. There’s games that a guy isn’t going well and he’s still trotting him out there because he’s been on a certain line or PP before. How about immediate play? He will get Kravtsov here once the playoffs and end and he won’t even play him. Guarantee it. He will skate with Lemieux and Howden and play 6:30 a game.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yes. I just think this guy is an idiot. He doesn’t know his personnel. There’s games that a guy isn’t going well and he’s still trotting him out there because he’s been on a certain line or PP before. How about immediate play? He will get Kravtsov here once the playoffs and end and he won’t even play him. Guarantee it. He will skate with Lemieux and Howden and play 6:30 a game.
I too am worried about what happens when Kravtsov comes over. Not really sure of what will happen, but things are not promising. Looking at the wreckage of younger players whose progress has been destroyed, it should rightly make for BIG worries for Kravstov. Just look at the track record for forwards. Chytil, Buchnevich, Kakko, Lafreniere.......all ruined. Need to keep Quinn as far away from Kravtsov as possible.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I mean as far as complaints for last nights' game go, the only one Quinn related is really continuing to play Howden over better players. I have a major problem with Rooney on the 3rd line, but that will solve itself.

He can't force Georgiev, who started out of necessity, to not suck (Kinkaid hadn't played in forever so starting him would have been met with a ton of resistance) and he can't force Zibanejad not to beef a pair of gimmies. He sucks and needs to go, but games like last night really shine a bright light on how flawed the roster construction is with this group more so than it does on Quinn's incompetence (which he has shown plenty of this year.)

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He can't force Georgiev, who started out of necessity, to not suck (Kinkaid hadn't played in forever so starting him would have been met with a ton of resistance) and he can't force Zibanejad not to beef a pair of gimmies. He sucks and needs to go, but games like last night really shine a bright light on how flawed the roster construction is with this group more so than it does on Quinn's incompetence (which he has shown plenty of this year.)
It is not exactly updated news that the roster is still far from a finished product. Saying that it is flawed is like making the announcement that water has been found to be wet. The fact that the roster will look a good deal different as far as construction goes over the next several years is hardly news. That is what happens in a rebuild. You cannot simply say "Bippetty Boopety Boop", sprinkle fairy dust and create a team that is build for the long term. Takes time and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad