Player Discussion David Quinn: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
we don't know what to expect one night to the next (aside that it's a given we will lose to the Pens) and we don't have anything unifying this group of individuals into what you could call a team.
Isn't this what it is like to be back with the youngest team in the league?

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Get rid of Oliver, replace him with Bruce Boudreau, and let Quinn talk to the media. badabing badaboom, everyone's happy

I wouldn't let that Baby Huey within five feet of the Rangers, let alone coach anything.

That man repeatedly squandered stacked Capitals teams.

Jack Adams award be damned.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
Sorry, but only a complete fool would take what Beck said regarding his dead teammate and apply it in an effort to analyze the state of play on ice.

barry beck said that JD was too busy to reply to his email about this dead teammate you are referring to which is basically what I am saying
that JD is useless and incompetent
how you cannot put 2 and 2 together makes you the fool

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
barry beck said that JD was too busy to reply to his email about this dead teammate you are referring to which is basically what I am saying

JD and Beck straightened things out via phone call after the fact.
That said..I love JD and he basically said straight up that he's not one to come in and just blow things up when he got here so he's giving JG a pretty long leash.
Also keep in mind the respect he has for Slats who hand picked JG.
That said x2.. It's only a matter of time until JG and this whole shit show gets shown the door.
Any GM can blow up a team and just tank it in order to get good projects but JG doesn't know how to build off of that.
He supplements a group of certain players with retreads to fill in huge holes in the lineup.
No defined roles.
No system.
Time to turn the page and build a new chapter in JD's vision..

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Except the sheer idiocy in your post had nothing to do with Pav. At all. You just added on the Beck statement. Which, I got to tell you, may not quite be the stupidest thing that anyone ever said around here, but it is up there. You should be happy I highlighted it. That way your brilliance is up there for all to see. Take a bow.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
I added on the Beck statement to highlight that JD is not doing anything ...he is silent and no one hears from him...exactly what Beck was saying...that he couldn't even reply to his email

you really should pay attention when reading things...it helps with being able to get a job

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I added on the Beck statement to highlight that JD is not doing anything ...he is silent and no one hears from him...exactly what Beck was saying...that he couldn't even reply to his email

you really should pay attention when reading things...it helps with being able to get a job
ahh, ellipses... the sure sign.... of a boomer.... you can safely ignore...

fire... quinn...

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
When will people come to grips with the fact the fact that Tony DeAngelo being a POS is the only reason the Tony DeAngelo situation played out the way it did?

Denis Potvin beat his wife which 3 thousand times worse than anything TDA ever did...did bill torrey banish denis potvin ? hell no they just went on to win stanley cups

I am in no way condoning beating a woman...just trying to illustrate that TDA got banished for saying dumb things...he never physically hurt anyone..he is just immature and has no filter...I dont think you
should destroy someone's career for what TDA said...this should of been handled in a much better way.

Reactions: Brother Mouzone

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
When will people come to grips with the fact the fact that Tony DeAngelo being a POS is the only reason the Tony DeAngelo situation played out the way it did?

He's a POS because he gets fired up about wanting to win?
Last I checked, it's those types of players you need in order to win.
Where were you when Smith was punching kids in the face down in Hartford? Smh LOL

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Denis Potvin beat his wife which 3 thousand times worse than anything TDA ever did...did bill torrey banish denis potvin ? hell no they just went on to win stanley cups

I am in no way condoning beating a woman...just trying to illustrate that TDA got banished for saying dumb things...he never physically hurt anyone..he is just immature and has no filter...I dont think you
should destroy someone's career for what TDA said...this should of been handled in a much better way.
I'm not in the market of comparing a shit tier defender with dynamite offense to an all timer that was a piece of shit wife beater in an era where no one cared if you were a piece of shit wife beater.

The fact of the matter is DeAngelo was such a cancer that they felt they needed him to GTFO asap and no other mitigating circumstances would have made the situation better than what it is/was.

Shit, Adam Fox is from Nassau County. He probably has similar beliefs to DeAngelo. The difference is he's not a big mouthed jabroni and that's why he still plays hockey for the New York Rangers.

Reactions: kovazub94

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019

When Potvin played you could be a racist, rapist and pugilist off the ice and no one would bat an eye. Let's not compare an era of little to no standards to the standards of today.

For the thousandth and final time. Tony did this to himself. Get that through the cement surrounding your brain.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
0-8 when trailing going into the 3rd period this year. Team can't come back from being down. Team has trouble holding leads on the rare occasion that they get them. Even last season the team sucked at getting those precious loser points, I think they had the fewest or were tied for fewest OT games. Lead the league in minor and bench penalties. All things point to a poorly coached team.

WAIVE BRODZINSKI

Oct 3, 2020
JD and Beck straightened things out via phone call after the fact.
That said..I love JD and he basically said straight up that he's not one to come in and just blow things up when he got here so he's giving JG a pretty long leash.
Also keep in mind the respect he has for Slats who hand picked JG.
That said x2.. It's only a matter of time until JG and this whole shit show gets shown the door.
Any GM can blow up a team and just tank it in order to get good projects but JG doesn't know how to build off of that.
He supplements a group of certain players with retreads to fill in huge holes in the lineup.
No defined roles.
No system.
Time to turn the page and build a new chapter in JD's vision..
This is well structured, well written, well said and 100% correct. You my friend get an A+ but get ready for the Gorton groupies to come at you

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com

Hey, guess what? You can have allllllllllllllllllll the free speech you want here. However, you can also be held accountable for that speech. It's a two way street.

Glad we've hit the rock bottom point of suggesting players who beat their wives should still have jobs because "the cup".

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
This is well structured, well written, well said and 100% correct. You my friend get an A+ but get ready for the Gorton groupies to come at you

Thank you but I didn't put much effort into it.
Reality writes it's own story.

That said.. I'd like your post but I lost those privileges lol

As far as them coming after me?
Bring it on.

What else is new on HF :cool:

Reactions: WAIVE BRODZINSKI

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
Hey, guess what? You can have allllllllllllllllllll the free speech you want here. However, you can also be held accountable for that speech. It's a two way street.

Glad we've hit the rock bottom point of suggesting players who beat their wives should still have jobs because "the cup".

I never suggested Potvin should still have a job after beating his wife
Bill Torrey let him have a job after Potvin beat his wife, not me

I'm suggesting TDA should not have been banished just because of being immature and not having a filter

I wish Bill Torrey would of banished Potvin for beating his wife, it would of been awesome

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
I never suggested Potvin should still have a job after beating his wife
Bill Torrey let him have a job after Potvin beat his wife, not me

I'm suggesting TDA should not have been banished just because of being immature and not having a filter

I wish Bill Torrey would of banished Potvin for beating his wife, it would of been awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad