Player Discussion David Quinn: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
...Also, my takeaway from that post (and really every post hes had in here) is that there is a massive disconnect at multiple levels of the organization from the FO to the Coach and the Coach to the Team itself. I agree with him.

If there was a disconnect between the coach and the team we’d see players quit on the coach and it hasn’t happened.

If there was a disconnect between the coach and FO Quinn would be fired (most obvious), but also ADA situation might have been dealt with differently. Or even in tonight’s game we would’ve seen FO’s handprints in the way lineup is put together if there was disconnect. But what do we see? Absolutely nothing.

So zero evidence of disconnect - again it’s your overactive imagination.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If there was a disconnect between the coach and the team we’d see players quit on the coach and it hasn’t happened.

If there was a disconnect between the coach and FO Quinn would be fired (most obvious), but also ADA situation might have been dealt with differently. Or even in tonight’s game we would’ve seen FO’s handprints in the way lineup is put together if there was disconnect. But what do we see? Absolutely nothing.

So zero evidence of disconnect - again it’s your overactive imagination.

They've looked about as inspired and prepared for games as they did towards the end of the AV tenure.

I'd suggest reading that dudes post where he laid out where the disconnects appear to be. Seems pretty obvious to me that he's onto something.

And LOL if you think today's staff is making major changes. Quinn unfortunately will be back soon.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Well, they’re light-years better defensively, the PK is sitting 4th in the league. The biggest differences besides that are they were scoring unsustainably last season and now that pendulum is swinging the other way.

Again though, I’m struggling to string together all the arguments. One guy says “no one cares whether they win or lose”, and another guy says “can we win games right now yay/nay?”

If I’ve pieced it together...we need a coach who gives the kids major roles but also puts the team in the best position to win every night, makes the playoffs but allows rookies to make mistakes, employs an exciting brand of hockey that is also good defensively (and offensively), coordinates elite special teams (a.k.a. the Power Play, no one cares that the Penalty Kill is elite...until it sucks, that is), never [ever] changes the lines but also puts together the best possible lineup on a daily basis, literally doesn’t say f***ing anything in post-game interviews, has an ambiguous accent, and lastly, is not a recycled NHL coach but also has 45+ years of coaching experience.

You are right- the narrative here is very confused. My idea is you hire and experienced NHL coach with a track record of success. Get a guy who is firm, fair and respected me then wait an watch.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Exactly what I said over the weekend. Just need an interim coach and back up goaltender to pull off a STL Blues run.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I expected so little out of this game it never even entered my mind that they’d blow out the Flyers and people would *in earnest* use it as an argument against Quinn.

Psh, hater. Knoblauch is that good. He fixed Mika and Georgiev, instilled a brand new system that he developed on the train ride in from Hartford, all without having a single practice with the team! He's brilliant. BRILLIANT!

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Psh, hater. Knoblauch is that good. He fixed Mika and Georgiev, instilled a brand new system that he developed on the train ride in from Hartford, all without having a single practice with the team! He's brilliant. BRILLIANT!

I almost feel like it's an awkward inside joke where you wanna take someone aside and be like, "You realize they're using Quinn's playbook and continuing the offensive uptick they showed the previous two games. It's not making Quinn's departure faster, it's having the opposite impact."

Reactions: Leetch3

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I almost feel like it's an awkward inside joke where you wanna take someone aside and be like, "You realize they're using Quinn's playbook and continuing the offensive uptick they showed the previous two games. It's not making Quinn's departure faster, it's having the opposite impact."

It's just so much easier to scream into the void about Quinn being garbage, though.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
how many games will the coaching staff be out?

our problem this year has been inconsistency. we’ve had several occasions so far this season where we’ve had a really strong outing only to throw out a goose egg the next game. i’m genuinely curious how we’d perform in the two games against the caps with the temp coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->