Player Discussion David Quinn: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjzabo

May 3, 2007
What do we practice?

We've looked like an ECHL team from Covid Cup to this debut. We are never prepared.

THIS

I am disgusted as this does not look like a cohesive team tonight nor do they look anywhere near prepared to play in the NHL in a shortened season with a lot of rivals. It's an extension of how we addressed the "playoffs" last year. I don't know how much is the youth (24 year old avg age), the talent or lack thereof, or THE COACHING. But I am worried about the coaching - we've seen this before. I would swap Quinn for Trotz in a heartbeat. I don't feel like we have a culture, a leader, or an identity. All the excitement about youth and high draft picks have not been molded into anything. Hey it's one game but I hate the start.

Reactions: Kakko Schmakko

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I have a feeling that if we can Quinn midseason, we're going to hire Babcock or Hitchcock. Just a hunch. Gallant would be my first choice, but he seems destined for Seattle.

Last edited:

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
THIS

I am disgusted as this does not look like a cohesive team tonight nor do they look anywhere near prepared to play in the NHL in a shortened season with a lot of rivals. It's an extension of how we addressed the "playoffs" last year. I don't know how much is the youth (24 year old avg age), the talent or lack thereof, or THE COACHING. But I am worried about the coaching - we've seen this before. I would swap Quinn for Trotz in a heartbeat. I don't feel like we have a culture, a leader, or an identity. All the excitement about youth and high draft picks have not been molded into anything. Hey it's one game but I hate the start.

well said. Laviolette was available recently, but we missed the boat like we always do.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I have a feeling that if we can Quinn midseason, we're going to hire Babcock. Just a hunch. Gallant would be my first choice, but he seems destined for Seattle.

Who else is available? I like Paul MacClean. But most likely if they fire Quinn they make Martin the interim coach.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Hey.. It only took you guys 2 years to catch on lol.
Get this turd dafuq outta here.
Laviolette was there for the taking but JG blew it.
The most amusing part in all this might be True Blue going up against the board after he reads this tomorrow lol

Reactions: JHS and mcsauer2738

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I really want to like Quinn. I really do. He seems like an awesome dude and I want him to succeed...but IDK, he hasn't inspired confidence that he can win and that he can develop our prized prospects.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I really want to like Quinn. I really do. He seems like an awesome dude and I want him to succeed...but IDK, he hasn't inspired confidence that he can win and that he can develop our prized prospects.

he is just out of his league he is NHL associate coach caliber at best.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Juggling lines 25 minutes into the season. Howden with more ice-time than Kakko. Same shit, different year

And he’s gonna have to start answering for the lack of development. I was all for signing Panarin but I’m not exactly given Quinn any bonus points for him going off for a 120 point pace or Zibanejad exploding for 60 goals. These guys were scoring dynamos before he got them.

He’s gonna have to start getting production from Kakko, Lafreniere, Chytil, etc, or else.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I like him, he says all the right things but he is just to green to be coaching all these prized assets. If we look like this more often than not, he can't be allowed back next season.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Boudreau never won a Cup but he is a pretty elite level coach with 567 NHL wins in regular season and almost 1000 games coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad