Player Discussion David Quinn: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This team has come a long way from September and they play really hard, both positives for Quinn’s. I hate the lines he makes though. He’s falling in love with DiGisseppe who is nothing more than a fringe AHLer. Staal gets a free pass for being terrible. Fast is not a top 6 guy. I feel like there’s just not enough creativity in their line making.
Di Guiseppe has been great on the forecheck. Fast is unfortunately the 2nd-best RW on the team.

Reactions: motopanekeku

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This team has come a long way from September and they play really hard, both positives for Quinn’s. I hate the lines he makes though. He’s falling in love with DiGisseppe who is nothing more than a fringe AHLer. Staal gets a free pass for being terrible. Fast is not a top 6 guy. I feel like there’s just not enough creativity in their line making.
Look we all have our gripes. Like you, I also question why someone like DiGisseppe gets the first cracks are replacing Kreider as opposed to a Lemieux or Gauthier. Or why DiGisseppe was immediately placed on the third line while Lemieux was on 4th. But other moves, you see them for what they are. Fast is not a top two line player. We know that. BUT 1) he has blended in quite well with Panarin and Strome and 2) with Buch playing with Kreider and ZBad, who else do you want to see there? Kakko has clearly not been ready. We can discuss if it warrants to give him another shot there now, but he really has not warranted a shot.

But by and large, his moves work. The PP is the best that we have seen in quite a while. You see the younger players learning the system and the players all play for him, while taking steps forward in their careers and developments. As I have said before, given this roster, who was really going to do a better job?

Reactions: NYRangers16

Anttiup32

Jan 29, 2018
Look we all have our gripes. Like you, I also question why someone like DiGisseppe gets the first cracks are replacing Kreider as opposed to a Lemieux or Gauthier. Or why DiGisseppe was immediately placed on the third line while Lemieux was on 4th. But other moves, you see them for what they are. Fast is not a top two line player. We know that. BUT 1) he has blended in quite well with Panarin and Strome and 2) with Buch playing with Kreider and ZBad, who else do you want to see there? Kakko has clearly not been ready. We can discuss if it warrants to give him another shot there now, but he really has not warranted a shot.

But by and large, his moves work. The PP is the best that we have seen in quite a while. You see the younger players learning the system and the players all play for him, while taking steps forward in their careers and developments. As I have said before, given this roster, who was really going to do a better job?

Right. We are in agreement. Quinn is not perfect but he’s probably the best person for the job.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They've tightened things up a bit since the break but they've been playing a dyslexic version of zone all along.
Only DQ's version invites the worst kind of trouble.

It's rope a dope all the way.
Only DQ is the only dope..
Want to tell all of us about 20 foot players again?

Reactions: GoAwayStaal

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Coaches should only be judged on how hard they can get their team to play. That includes adhering to whatever particular forecheck, breakout scheme etc.. that he has laid out.
Most NHL coaches run the same general systems. It's the players ability to execute that differentiates teams.
Quinn seems to have control of the room and the guys are playing hard so its all good so far.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
How about a shout out to the other coach in this organization Kris Knoblauch. PDG has come in here and really helped transform the bottom 6. When was the last time someone from Hartford has such a positive influence up front especially in such a a critical stretch?
it was a mistake to have Haley play over PDG on the Rangers from the start of regular season

Reactions: bl02

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

My approach- Before criticizing Quinn think of what options he has. I promise you there would be concerns with each alternative. Quinn’s decision might different from ours but if it accomplishes it’s goal - got to accept it as a good one and allow Quinn some slack in the future.

Reactions: haveandare

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
really fed up with this clown coaching staff. only ways they can win is when their goalies stop 40+ shots or their top lines score a bunch of goals. they give up 2 goals call time out then fail to do anything and then give up 2 more all in 1 period against one of the worst teams in NHL.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
really fed up with this clown coaching staff. only ways they can win is when their goalies stop 40+ shots or their top lines score a bunch of goals. they give up 2 goals call time out then fail to do anything and then give up 2 more all in 1 period against one of the worst teams in NHL.
Well, WeNeverGetAGoodCoach. So......

Reactions: Leetch3

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Trolls come out at night......the trolls come out at night.....

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
You can't base a coach on a game by game basis. Need to see the big picture in what he is trying to do, and if a young team does it. I see his gameplan and it frustrates me when it isn't executed and it shows up in the game sheet. We had a game in Vancouver sometime in Februrary or late january I cant remember the date but after that game our players embraced the game plan and we played well. If you want to know what changed it's that we lost a top 4 dman and a top 3 forward on the team.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So let’s pretend the season is over. Where are our town criers of “Gorton was an idiot for not going after Trotz”. Considering the differential in points, maybe Lou was an idiot for going after Quinn?

Point being is every GM does what they think is right for their franchise. But considering where the Rangers are, where is our contingent of those who wanted to do nothing but blast Gorton in November, claiming that an experienced coach would have had this team in a much better position?

Reactions: haveandare

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
iu

Reactions: mcdonagh4captain

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
How many in a row we have to lose for Quinn and his clown posse to be replaced? this is 5th loss in a row I think.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
At least a few things remain the same in this world. Rangers are not prepared for any game, look overmatched and poorly coached. Thanks Quinn for returning some “expected behavior” back into my life.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad