Confirmed with Link: David Quinn - New Rangers Coach (Officially official on 5/23)

How does your feels-o-meter rate this signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
how bout you lighten up maybe? just maybe step away from the keyboard a second. think that might help you realize sarcasm instead of diving off the cliff there with your post.

Exactly. Not sure why some people are taking this so personally?

Not sure why the Rangers had to overpay this guy to come to NY?
It's reported he turned down 2 prior offers

In the end it was more $$ that brought him here... but don't say that , because the armchair coaches on here get mad at you..

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

In the end it was more $$ that brought him here... but don't say that , because the armchair coaches on here get mad at you..

No one has said otherwise.

It took an excellent offer to pry a guy out of his dream job, what a f***ing surprise . That doesn't make him some ungrateful mercenary who really doesn't want the job or what ever stupid shit thats been thrown around here.

His salary is right on par with what other guys coming out of college recently have had so I don't know how its an overpayment, but facts seem to be lost on anyone who would rather spend their time looking like an idiot just to push their agenda.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

here's a guy with zero affiliation with the franchise and you question his motives for coming here along with having some doubts about his less than stellar resume and we're the fools.

Reactions: Doctor King Schultz

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
No one has said otherwise.

It took an excellent offer to pry a guy out of his dream job, what a ****ing surprise . That doesn't make him some ungrateful mercenary who really doesn't want the job or what ever stupid **** thats been thrown around here.

His salary is right on par with what other guys coming out of college recently have had so I don't know how its an overpayment, but facts seem to be lost on anyone who would rather spend their time looking like an idiot just to push their agenda.

When's the last time you've looked at coaches salary and term? Quinn's is a bit high in comparison @5yrs!

I'm looking at the facts... and it doesn't look like he wanted to be here. I'm sorry if you can't handle that.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
When's the last time you've looked at coaches salary and term? Quinn's is a bit high in comparison @5yrs!

I'm looking at the facts... and it doesn't look like he wanted to be here. I'm sorry if you can't handle that.
It looks like he wanted to make a certain amount to leave the job he already had and loved. Not hat weird for professional adults.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I wonder if the people that think that a coach's dream job his whole life should be the Rangers and he should coach for whatever they're offered or else they won't give it their all in their job, also think Islanders fans growing up will dog it if they're drafted by the Rangers.

BklynTerp

Nov 26, 2017
If he didn’t want to be here he wouldn’t be here.

What if he really was willing to come here for the initial offer but knew that he was the guy after Montgomery was gone and knew that he could get a better deal?

Reactions: haveandare

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
For the "he didn't want to come here" crowd, what do you really mean by that? Do you think he's going to dog it as a coach? Sit on his ass and collect his paycheck and not try? What's the real irritation behind the "didn't want to come here" comments?

Personally I think the guys rep as a coach is on the line as he will need to show he can step up to the NHL level, have success, and advance his career. He's not going to dog it, he's not going to mail this in, but it's also likely part of the reason he wanted to be well compensated. His career is on the line here to some extent. If he fails hard, that could be the end of his chances of ever being a "legitimate" NHL coach that teams want to hire. As others said, it's not like his BU job will just be waiting for him either. This is a make it or break it point in his career as a coach IMO and to act like he should have begged for scraps from the Rangers is pretty ridiculous. It's a business. It's a straight up business. There's an absolute ton of hard work waiting for him with the Rangers and he also has to move to one of the most expensive places in the country with high taxes and all. If he didn't want to come to NY then he wouldn't have come to NY, period. It looks to me more like he wanted stability and to make sure if this didn't work out that it didn't ruin him.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Hackstol got 5/10 to leave North Dakota. Factor in cost of living and thats right there, so much for looking at the facts. Travis Green got 4 years last year as a first time NHL head coach.

If he didn't want to be here, he wouldn't have accepted the position. I'm sorry if you can't handle that.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Outside of Carolina and Florida, how many coaches have signed recently for less than this?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Hackstol got 5/10 to leave North Dakota. Factor in cost of living and thats right there, so much for looking at the facts. Travis Green got 4 years last year as a first time NHL head coach.

If he didn't want to be here, he wouldn't have accepted the position. I'm sorry if you can't handle that.

Stop using facts, we are speaking about emotions here

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Not wanting to uproot your life and leave a great job is not the same as not wanting to be here. No reason to get snappy when you're the one that seems to not be able to handle how things work in the real world.

I never said " he didn't want to be here"... those are your words... if you want to argue with the voices in your head that's fine, just leave me out of it.

Not understanding why the NYR felt compelled to pursue this coach, that they had to pry him away with $$$, even after he said no... nothing indicates why he was a " must -have"

Do you need a tissue?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yes, he negotiated. Yes, he got more money.

That was the price he listed. That was the price the team agreed to pay.

It does not make him any more or less qualified to do his job.

It will not make him try harder, or change his level of focus on the task at hand.

It will not play a role in deciding whether he ultimately is a good coach or a bad coach for this team.

It was a business negotiation. No more. No less.

Time to move on.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I never said " he didn't want to be here"... those are your words... if you want to argue with the voices in your head that's fine, just leave me out of it.

Not understanding why the NYR felt compelled to pursue this coach, that they had to pry him away with $$$, even after he said no... nothing indicates why he was a " must -have"

Do you need a tissue?

You said, and I quote

I'm looking at the facts... and it doesn't look like he wanted to be here.

This was like 5 posts ago too, lmao.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Do you need a tissue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad