Confirmed with Link: David Quinn - New Rangers Coach (Officially official on 5/23)

How does your feels-o-meter rate this signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I said:

"... it doesn't look like he wanted to come here....

Not

He didn't want to be here...

I'll go back to watching cartoons now...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Exactly. Not sure why some people are taking this so personally?

Not sure why the Rangers had to overpay this guy to come to NY?
It's reported he turned down 2 prior offers

In the end it was more $$ that brought him here... but don't say that , because the armchair coaches on here get mad at you..

The Rangers didn't overpay. He isn't in the upper echelon when it comes to salary.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Allaire?

Ah, never mind. You mean that AV won't have a job anywhere else haha Gotchya.

Do we know how much Allaire makes, that said?
No, you'd be hard-pressed to find any info about assistant coaches' salary. I've speculated that Allaire's salary is disproportionate to other goalie coaches, but I wouldn't imagine it's anywhere near head coach level.

BklynTerp

Nov 26, 2017
As somewhat of an aside, I had no idea how high the compensation was for NCAA hockey coaches. Apparently both him and Jerry York made $1mm+.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
the picture they used on the official announcement reminds me of the FBI guy from Criminal Minds.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Some people here have an opinion and bend the facts in a way to support their opinion instead of basing their opinion on facts.

No. David Quinn isn't overpaid
No. He doesn't have to accept the first offer
No. He doesn't have to feel honored to be the Rangers coach

It's a job. He had a great job. When another company approaches you and you are happy with where you are, it is your right to say no or to negotiate for more money. The Rangers are the other company. Quinn had no intention to leave Boston. That means he needs to receive an offer that persuades him to leave his current dreamjob. 2.5m a year is basically league-average. He held out for a better offer. Players do this all the ****ing time. They even go to arbitration when they are eligible and we never criticize those players for doing it. Why is this different?

Some people don't like Quinn and will find ways to support that, rather than look at the facts.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad