Confirmed with Link: David Quinn - New Rangers Coach (Officially official on 5/23)

How does your feels-o-meter rate this signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You’re surprised Gorton is not getting things done?

Ruff comes back that’s a lazy move but not surprising. Who else comes in? MSL would be awesome imo.

Based on what? What is it that would make it an awesome decision? What has he honestly done as a coach to warrant a contract in the NHL?

I have nothing against MSL, but let's be real here. Players work their way up after retiring. They don't just walk into the NHL for a coaching position.

Reactions: Inferno

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Based on what? What is it that would make it an awesome decision? What has he honestly done as a coach to warrant a contract in the NHL?

I have nothing against MSL, but let's be real here. Players work their way up after retiring. They don't just walk into the NHL for a coaching position.

A bunch of them do actually.

We know Ruff is back, I'd expect something like Scott Gordon and another name with some pro coaching experience (hopefully not Capuano)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Sure they do. As an assistant he’s there the assist. Learn the ropes. Interact with the players. MSL is a natural born leader more so than anyone we’ve had on this team in a long time. I’d love to see him on the bench.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
They basically gifted Hartford to St Louis a while back and he said no.

His time will come though. He'll be back in the fold at some point

Reactions: haveandare

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Sacco and Ruff, not sure I love it...
I’ll give Sacco the benefit of the doubt that since he’s played a big part in bringing along the kids from Providence this season. I’m still not thrilled with his coaching record in Colorado, but he didn’t necessarily have good teams there.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I’ll give Sacco the benefit of the doubt that since he’s played a big part in bringing along the kids from Providence this season. I’m still not thrilled with his coaching record in Colorado, but he didn’t necessarily have good teams there.

Plus he'd be an assistant, not a HC.

Some guys just aren't cut out to be the head honcho but make great #2's.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Yeah, it’s nothing that get you really excited — but they could end up doing well of course.

It’s so hard to know much about these guys. If anything, I think work ethic and ambition is really really important. It takes so many hours, so much can be done. 24/7.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Staff should be ruff in the press box as a mentor/advisor to help Quinn adjust to the nhl. Then a guy that specializes in developing young dmen and another that specializes in developing young forwards

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Staff should be ruff in the press box as a mentor/advisor to help Quinn adjust to the nhl. Then a guy that specializes in developing young dmen and another that specializes in developing young forwards

Gotta think Ruff is taking over as the video coach and some kind of associate coach that is upstairs on game day.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Brown was Brian Leetch's teammate at BC, so ya gotta think Leetch had some form of input in this decision. Brown's been under some dude named Jerry York for over a decade, so he's got some pretty good experience with a top-notch college coach. He's also been coaching the USA U20 teams recently with Bob Motzko, and the dude knows how to coach modern-style young defenders.

It's not what I expected, but I'm cool with it. I didn't really need to mention the BC connection with our current players, right?

Reactions: Ola and nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad