Confirmed with Link: David Quinn - New Rangers Coach (Officially official on 5/23)

How does your feels-o-meter rate this signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It’s like we had HV71.4159265359 and HV71.4139265359 in Sweden. Would they be easy to tell apart? Didn’t think so.
States in the US have tons of colleges and universities. Where I'm at, Maryland, there are 11 universities that are part of the official state education system. Of those, you have:

University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB)
University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
University of Maryland, College Park (UM, MD or UMCP)
University of Maryland, Eastern Shore (UMES)
University of Maryland, University College (UMUC)

It's a lot to handle if you're not familiar with how universities and colleges in the U.S. actually function. But if you spend 20 minutes reading about it, it's easy to comprehend, if difficult to remember all the acronyms.

I also did my undergrad at St. Mary's College of Maryland, which was always confused with Mount Saint Mary's, another school in Maryland (even though mine was way better, LOL.).

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
States in the US have tons of colleges and universities. Where I'm at, Maryland, there are 11 universities that are part of the official state education system. Of those, you have:

University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB)
University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
University of Maryland, College Park (UM, MD or UMCP)
University of Maryland, Eastern Shore (UMES)
University of Maryland, University College (UMUC)

It's a lot to handle if you're not familiar with how universities and colleges in the U.S. actually function. But if you spend 20 minutes reading about it, it's easy to comprehend, if difficult to remember all the acronyms.

I also did my undergrad at St. Mary's College of Maryland, which was always confused with Mount Saint Mary's, another school in Maryland (even though mine was way better, LOL.).

My favorite is university of Miami Ohio :laugh:

Reactions: Irishguy42

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
We have a mechanics tech school around my part of PA called Universal Technical Institute...

UTI

Guess nobody thought that through
Yeah we have UTI advertised as well, given we're just below you guys. One of those for-profit joints that take all your money and in turn give you something worthless. I remember as a kid, Sally Struthers selling you on Lincoln Tech or some shit. I didn't even know who Sally Struthers was, but it was must have been important because they always told you her name.

Amazing these things still exist. Vocational schools are great, but this stuff is generally trash.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So, who is on staff as of now? Hard to find the right posts with the actual news.
yI0hGP6.png

That's of 20 seconds ago on the NHL website.

TL;DR the coaching staff as it stands right now is Quinn (HC), Ruff (asst coach), Dineen (video), Allaire (goaltending), Ciaccio (skills)

Reactions: haveandare

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The one thing I'm interested in with Quinn is how much he'll hold players on this team accountable. By all accounts, he should be someone who will hold players accountable, as well as help them succeed.

Having the likes of Staal/McLeod/etc. might not be completely awful so long as Quinn is like "Hey...stop sucking or I'm going to reduce your minutes." Could make them go from awful to...less awful.

In fact...heck...I would like to see Quinn just hold all of the guys on the roster accountable, when they deserve it.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Brooks said that he was staying.

The staff has been filled out. Surprised that they went with this much inexperience with the coaching staff (well, NHL coaching experience.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad