Confirmed with Link: David Quinn - New Rangers Coach (Officially official on 5/23)

How does your feels-o-meter rate this signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don't hate AV and blame him for all the world's ills.

But I also acknowledge it was time for a change.

Agreed. Coaches have an expiration date and even success isn't a guarantee. Look at Sutter. 2 Cups with a team he built but fans were gathering the pitchforks the moment they missed the playoffs

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Wherever he goes, rebuilding follows

To be honest, I think AV really postponed that rebuild here in NY. From the outside, people will downright — laugh — at the notion that we underperformed under AV. If anything we overperformed.

A change was probably due, but the level of most AV bashing has been pretty silly. You don’t win any popularity contests around here saying that, but it was.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
To be honest, I think AV really postponed that rebuild here in NY. From the outside, people will downright — laugh — at the notion that we underperformed under AV. If anything we overperformed.

A change was probably due, but the level of most AV bashing has been pretty silly. You don’t win any popularity contests around here saying that, but it was.
Playing Glass over Buchnevich really helped keep this team afloat.

Reactions: haveandare

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

There's really no value in putting any stock into what people from the outside that know nothing about this team think about this team. Lots of people think this team was garbage just because it didn't have any household names outside of Lundqvist.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

Notice how nobody is knocking down any doors to sign AV...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
There's really no value in putting any stock into what people from the outside that know nothing about this team think about this team. Lots of people think this team was garbage just because it didn't have any household names outside of Lundqvist.

Yeah hfnyr knows best, I forgot...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
So HFNYR knows less about the team than some guy in like Winnipeg? What a ridiculous comment.

Yeah you know better than all experts, coaches and GMs combined, of course. Sorry I forgot, will try to remember it from now on. Clendenning should have played on he top pair, all kids should have been rushed, Brandon Smith should have been on the top pair, if AV only make those moves we win 4 straight cups. The guy from Winnipeg is delusional not understanding that Pittsburgh, Chicago and co had horrible rosters than we had.

Okkiiiiiiiii

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah you know better than all experts, coaches and GMs combined, of course. Sorry I forgot, will try to remember it from now on. Clendenning should have played on he top pair, all kids should have been rushed, Brandon Smith should have been on the top pair, if AV only make those moves we win 4 straight cups. The guy from Winnipeg is delusional not understanding that Pittsburgh, Chicago and co had horrible rosters than we had.

Okkiiiiiiiii

OMG, I'm starting to be empathetic to Machinehead. This is some serious appeal to authority. Where did "all experts, coaches, and GMs combined" come from? I don't even know what Clendenning has to do with anything. We're talking about AV.

Reactions: Dactyl

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
AV's ideas started being less effective, the roster he had to work with got worse, and he didn't adapt to that situation. That's why his teams have failed the past few years and that's why he's gone.

The two big things I"m looking forward to seeing change (hopefully) are a return of aggressiveness to the team (AV's forechecking system was crap, probably since the team was geared towards counter attacking rather than retrieving pucks and forcing turnovers in the offensive zone, and the defensive play seemed to be about trying to take away puck lanes rather than pressuring the puck carrier) and the return of some attitude to the team. I want to see Kreider get back to being a villain who crushes opposing players and goes hard at the net. Hell I want to see everyone going harder to the net, more chippiness around their own net, play with some swagger and not hold it all back.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't hate AV and blame him for all the world's ills.

But I also acknowledge it was time for a change.

You're going against all the GMs and coaches in league history. You must know better than all of the authorities I'm appealing to.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You're going against all the GMs and coaches in league history. You must know better than all of the authorities I'm appealing to.
What does this even mean?

AV's defensive strategy was Lundqvist save us and if he is not around, then pray for a blizzard. His utter inability to make in-game adjustments was out in full force. The last several years, his decision making when it comes to personnel was very much highlighted. Oh, and there are various stories about the team grousing about being forced to constantly turn the other cheek.

With that fact pattern, what exactly were you expecting?

Reactions: TheTakedown

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
What does this even mean?

AV's defensive strategy was Lundqvist save us and if he is not around, then pray for a blizzard. His utter inability to make in-game adjustments was out in full force. The last several years, his decision making when it comes to personnel was very much highlighted. Oh, and there are various stories about the team grousing about being forced to constantly turn the other cheek.

With that fact pattern, what exactly were you expecting?

It was a joke, I was making fun of Ola. Read the second half of my quote.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
AV basically needs guys that can actually play defense within his system. I'm convinced it's not something he focuses on considering the goalies he's had. The guy's teams have let up an insane amount of shots against

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You’re surprised Gorton is not getting things done?

Ruff comes back that’s a lazy move but not surprising. Who else comes in? MSL would be awesome imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad