Player Discussion David Pastrnak XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
i remember a couple years ago when i used to comment how our fan base/media would never warm up to guys like thornton/kessel/seguin/hamilton and how it never surprised me when any of them were run out of town at a young age. i said at that time i fear what we will do to pastrnak

and of course i was called an idiot... told i had no clue... and that theres no chance in hell pastrnak would ever be labled as weak or a targeted as a problem child

dont get me wrong... im not the one calling him weak or a problem child. and even though i love tough hockey i do think teams have room to carry a guy like pastrnak if the rest of their lineup is tough. you do need some high end talent.

im just saying i wonder when fans are going to begin to understand the mentality of the bruin fanbase/media? like it or not, this has been going on for the past 45 years i was a fan here. the reason i stuck cheering the bruins for 45 years is their dedication to hard working warriors so im in favor of it... but trying to deny it exists for you others is just wrong.

i hope pastrnak will ultimately pan out here like middleton eventually did... id hate to add him to the seguin/kessel list... but to me its no surprise at all that hes catching heat now after last playoffs werent that great either

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
i remember a couple years ago when i used to comment how our fan base/media would never warm up to guys like thornton/kessel/seguin/hamilton and how it never surprised me when any of them were run out of town at a young age. i said at that time i fear what we will do to pastrnak

and of course i was called an idiot... told i had no clue... and that theres no chance in hell pastrnak would ever be labled as weak or a targeted as a problem child

dont get me wrong... im not the one calling him weak or a problem child. and even though i love tough hockey i do think teams have room to carry a guy like pastrnak if the rest of their lineup is tough. you do need some high end talent.

im just saying i wonder when fans are going to begin to understand the mentality of the bruin fanbase/media? like it or not, this has been going on for the past 45 years i was a fan here. the reason i stuck cheering the bruins for 45 years is their dedication to hard working warriors so im in favor of it... but trying to deny it exists for you others is just wrong.

i hope pastrnak will ultimately pan out here like middleton eventually did... id hate to add him to the seguin/kessel list... but to me its no surprise at all that hes catching heat now after last playoffs werent that great either
Wouldn’t give him up for Eichel?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

He had 19 points in 24 playoff games (including 9 goals). Sorry that doesn't meet your expectations as a solid playoff performance.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Since they are not saying what the injuries are in these playoffs ... let's just speculate that at some point during the last game he played he tweaked his groin, hamstring, or to a lesser extent his quad, or slightly rolled his ankle. During the game his body is warm, blooding is flowing, his muscles are working and he keeps moving staying loose. So in game the injury doesn't really bother him too much.

After he showers, he relaxes and then sleeps. His body doesn't move a whole lot. The injured area lies motionless for several hours. Lactic acid builds up, the muscle tightens/stiffens blood flow slows in the injured area and begins to pool/congeal/bruising occurs.

Pasta wakes up the next morning goes to move and get out of bed and (OMG what the hell ...).
He goes to the trainer and tells them he tweaked something. This could happen to anyone.

It is better to rest him for 7 -10 days with proper therapy - massage, stretching and such then for him to try and play through it and risk making the injury worse and being out for weeks. I say 7 - 10 days because he is young and should heal quickly; but with that said if it is a groin, hamstring, or high ankle sprain it might not take more than an overextension to reaggravate and be out longer or become nagging.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
He had 19 points in 24 playoff games (including 9 goals). Sorry that doesn't meet your expectations as a solid playoff performance.

he did go

7 games
1 goal
0 assist
1 point

5 on 5 vs the Blues if he gave us anything at EV we win a cup

He has a lot to prove when the whistles go away and the hitting ramps up

to be fair though Vs blues 5 on 5 he wasn’t the worst player...our 1st line has a lot to prove this year if we go deep

there performance against the blues was all time bad..and we still took them to game 7

bergeron
0 goals
0 assist
0 points

marchand
1 goal (EN)
1 assist
2 points

Last edited:

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
he did go

5 on 5 vs the Blues if he gave us anything at EV we win a cup

7 games
1 goal (late in 3rd period
0 assist
1 point

He has a lot to prove when the whistles go away and the hitting ramps up

to be fair though Vs blues 5 on 5 he wasn’t the worst player...our 1st line has a lot to prove this year if we go deep

there performance against the blues was all time bad and we still took them to game 7

bergeron
0 goals
0 assist
0 points

marchand
1 goal (EN)
1 assist
2 points
We never even sniff the cup finals without that line. St. Louis did a good job containing them though.

Reactions: Ladyfan

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
I stand to be corrected. I thought Pasta would be out for a while. Boy was i wrong. He played pretty good. Hopefully, he can get even healthier.

Reactions: Ladyfan

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Another week and he'll reach 50 playoff games which is kinda the cut-off for career lists when talking about things like point per game or whatnot.
Anyways if he can manage 4 points in the next three games he'll show up on the Active Players list for PPG at #2, only behind Sid and just above Geno. If he gets 3 points in those three games he'll join the Pens duo as the only active player to be at a PPG in the playoffs. If he's held pointless he'll still show up in the top 6 I think, behind guys like P. Kane, Ovy and Kucherov.
I know he's struggled at times to find the net in the playoffs but just from an individual stats perspective - it's actually pretty impressive.

Thought I'd also mention that Torey Krug currently is 2nd for active d-men playoff PPG, only behind E. Karlsson.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
yes definitely injured. Bruins must be careful with the back to back games. Believe it is either, groin problem, or sports hernia ?
you can tell how gingerly he is skating. Pasta at 60% efficiency is better then other options on Bergy's right wing.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
i cant decide who has been better krecji or mcavoy. not surprised at all by krecji. he is a bruins legend imo and for the most part underappreciated by fans. he is a winner.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Pasta injured is still our best RW.

Gotta be a core injury, he is noticeably slow out there.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Just before Christmas Pasta was on Czech night tv show. He is a great showman off the ice as on the ice. Few tidbits:

The trouble with the hip was going on for a year.
Kase was covid positive and because he stayed at Pasta's place both missed the pre bubble camp in the summer.
Discussing his outfits in different cities:" Toronto, I knew I would score a goal." :laugh:
As a teenage boy was a bit of a swindler in the gym. That had changed once he moved to Sweden.
He loves to play for fans. Not bothered by the critics at all.
He values more he achived the best goalscorer alongside Ovechkin the last season rather than be the lone top scorer.
Has a lot of praise and respect for Ovechkin.

In native Czech

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Just before Christmas Pasta was on Czech night tv show. He is a great showman off the ice as on the ice. Few tidbits:

The trouble with the hip was going on for a year.
Kase was covid positive and because he stayed at Pasta's place both missed the pre bubble camp in the summer.
Discussing his outfits in different cities:" Toronto, I knew I would score a goal." :laugh:
As a teenage boy was a bit of a swindler in the gym. That had changed once he moved to Sweden.
He loves to play for fans. Not bothered by the critics at all.
He values more he achived the best goalscorer alongside Ovechkin the last season rather than be the lone top scorer.
Has a lot of praise and respect for Ovechkin.

In native Czech

Thanks for posting this and the notes. I don't believe the fact of Kase having Covid before the PO training camp has been made public knowledge before. It was recognised as a possibility with the way things went down, but never confirmed. Sheds a slightly different light on that whole mini-saga.

Reactions: Sevendust
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad