Player Discussion David Pastrnak XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Hey so in other news I liked that he showed good patience on that goal and waited for the tendy to open up instead of just ripping it on net when it bounced to him.

I also love the Jagr look. I think he wishes he was better in the STL series and if the Bruins win the Cup, he will be the one holding the Conn Smythe.

Reactions: DiggityDog

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Direct result of poor preparation? This guy can't be serious.

Someone needs to call the hot take police because this one is so bad it's criminal. He clearly hurt his leg and no amount of preparation or exercise can make you immune to bad luck with a freak injury. What a moron.

Reactions: Number8

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
"Pasta's feelings are hurt."

dunkin-talkin-hockey-with-pasta-and-kendall-chirps-small-2.jpg

Reactions: Alicat and Dr Hook

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
Felger and Mazz have whined about our need for an elite goal scorer since 98.5 came on the air. They would spend entire segments on how Moulson, Vanek or Kreider would put this team over the top with their scoring “prowess.”

Now we have a potentially generational scorer in Pasta and all they do is trash him. He’s still a youngin’ as well, lest we forget.

Don’t get me wrong, there are areas of his game in need of improvement, but I also watched 24 year old Ovechkin, and he had plenty of holes in his game as well.

Felger and Mazz want to have their cake and eat it too, full stop. FFS, they actually complained that he wasn’t docked for a takeaway on one of his turnovers! I’d love to see them closely follow any other 48 goal scorer in the league with similar scrutiny.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Felger and Mazz have whined about our need for an elite goal scorer since 98.5 came on the air. They would spend entire segments on how Moulson, Vanek or Kreider would put this team over the top with their scoring “prowess.”

Now we have a potentially generational scorer in Pasta and all they do is trash him. He’s still a youngin’ as well, lest we forget.

Don’t get me wrong, there are areas of his game in need of improvement, but I also watched 24 year old Ovechkin, and he had plenty of holes in his game as well.

Felger and Mazz want to have their cake and eat it too, full stop. FFS, they actually complained that he wasn’t docked for a takeaway on one of his turnovers! I’d love to see them closely follow any other 48 goal scorer in the league with similar scrutiny.

He still does- he floats a lot, can be a lazy defender/backchecker, is dirty, but he still is a 50 goal guy. Pasta will always have his warts-do we ever expect him to be a good two way forward? But it doesn't matter because like Ovie he knows how to put the puck in the net.

Reactions: Ladyfan

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Why do you listen to those hockey ignorant hot-take clowns? They only do it to generate drama. Don't play into their game.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
I’ve never heard this guy bc I’m not in Boston and don’t listen to sports radio, but...

Seems pretty clear from the video that he hurt himself jumping for joy over another player’s gwg.

Not illogical to speculate as to whether that would’ve happened had Pasta’s body been in better physical condition. It’s at least a possible contributor, IMO.

Doesn’t amount to anything one way or another; Pasta’s out. I think leveling “scorn” on Pasta is not warranted, however.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I highly doubt Pasta injured himself in the goal celebration. He’s probably been playing injured since the second round robin game and just tweaked it at the time he was celebrating.

A pro athlete isn’t getting hurt by jumping up in a goal celebration. That injury has been lingering for some time.

Reactions: Smitty93

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I’ve never heard this guy bc I’m not in Boston and don’t listen to sports radio, but...

Seems pretty clear from the video that he hurt himself jumping for joy over another player’s gwg.

Not illogical to speculate as to whether that would’ve happened had Pasta’s body been in better physical condition. It’s at least a possible contributor, IMO.

Doesn’t amount to anything one way or another; Pasta’s out. I think leveling “scorn” on Pasta is not warranted, however.

Seriously doubt that. His reaction wasn't a 'I just hurt myself' reaction. It was a 'I just aggravated a prior injury' reaction. Remember, he had missed practice on Monday.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Tape er up and get out there baby.:laugh: jkjk Pasta is healing hopefully and nobody knows the issue so lets guess..My guess with him is groin area .He had no issue the other nite raising hands over head when Bruins scored while sitting in the stands so that leads me to figure the injury is hips down.He has tried it the last 2 days in practice and still not playing so that is my guess.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Betts and Brady are gone, Only stars left to run out of town are Pastrnak and Jayson Tatum

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
Why do you listen to those hockey ignorant hot-take clowns? They only do it to generate drama. Don't play into their game.

I listen sporadically when I’m on the commute home from work. I don’t take them seriously, so their takes don’t bug me. If the occasional asinine hockey opinion got to me, I wouldn’t have an account on here. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->