David Pastrnak: Forgotten Star?

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Per games played and goals scored when he played Pasta is on for 28% of the goals. Crosby is 29%, then it falls off to Ovie around 23%. Only because Sid and Pasta missed 6 and 5 games to date. Based on all the games and total team goals, Pasta is first overall at 24.5%, Sid is 23% .
Taking into account Bergy is not looking good, he is playing injuried or something. Marchand has cooled off bigtime. Pasta makes some great passes that go wanting ever game. I mean to a player in front of the net for basically a tap in and it ends up going wrong most of the time. Put him with Panarin and Kane and wow look out. Because of Juliens defensive style the kid is playing with breaks on afraid to make a mistake and sometimes gets the back half of PP time. We all know by now the Bruins do not get much PP time in general. Just imagine him as the prime go to guy on a offensive team.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
This is why Leafs fans get the reputation that they do. You can't go anywhere now without a reference to Nylander, or Matthews, or Marner... or anyone.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Another goal today puts him 2nd in goals behind Crosby. I knew he would be a goal scorer but I didn't expect him to be this consistent. He's basically carrying the Bruins offense.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
This is why Leafs fans get the reputation that they do. You can't go anywhere now without a reference to Nylander, or Matthews, or Marner... or anyone.

[mod]

[mod]

But man is pastrnak ever looking good! I was not expecting this kind of scoring ability from him. Bruins got a steal drafting this guy so late in the first.

Last edited by a moderator:

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
21 points and 17 goals (tied with sid for league lead) in 22 games. Pretty impressive. Kids only 20 too. I'm not sure he keeps up this pace, but he looks like a good one. Flew under the radar even when he was putting up over a ppg in the AHL as an 18 year old.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
21 points and 17 goals (tied with sid for league lead) in 22 games. Pretty impressive. Kids only 20 too. I'm not sure he keeps up this pace, but he looks like a good one. Flew under the radar even when he was putting up over a ppg in the AHL as an 18 year old.

15 goals/21 points.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
It's taking me awhile to warm up to him, but he's good. like very very good
mea culpa - he needs to be talked about the same way we talk about some of the other eite young talents entering the league.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Watch this whole video (not just the goal) to see what a smart player he is. Commentated by Andy Brickley.

Crosby beats Pastrnak in both goals and points

Edit: Saw you were already corrected

Last edited:

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
This kid is an absolute beast. Bruins fans have a lot to be excited about with him. I have been so impressed by him, it's hard not to like a player like that. His skating and offensive skills are elite, his puck possession game is amazing, very high hockey IQ. Kids going to be a star for a long time in this league

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Said it at the time of the draft. Massive steal. Absolutely no reason he should have ever fallen to 24. Kids don't produce like he did in the Allvenskan. And then the AHL.

Should have been a top 10 pick on merit, even on draft day honestly.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Said it at the time of the draft. Massive steal. Absolutely no reason he should have ever fallen to 24. Kids don't produce like he did in the Allvenskan. And then the AHL.

Should have been a top 10 pick on merit, even on draft day honestly.

He wasn't a falling pick

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
This kid is an absolute beast. Bruins fans have a lot to be excited about with him. I have been so impressed by him, it's hard not to like a player like that. His skating and offensive skills are elite, his puck possession game is amazing, very high hockey IQ. Kids going to be a star for a long time in this league

As much as the skill level, I think what B's fans love about Pasta is the infectious personality he brings... The kid just LOVES playing hockey - he's ALWAYS smiling. It's like he's SO thankful to be playing in the NHL: he works his butt off to stick around, and is absolutely thrilled to do so!

It's funny you can sense a change when he's out of the lineup... it's like the whole team is down. It really seems like the rest of the B's just love having him around

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad