David Pastrnak: Forgotten Star?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Still shocks me that when people do 2014 "redrafts" that he is basically never rated in the top 5. He's #2 on my list after his start this year.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Pastrnak joins Bergeron as the only Bruin players I'll actively root for when they're not playing the Sabres. Kid can put on a show and entertain both as a passer and a scorer.

Andon

Oct 23, 2016
18 goals in 23 games is alright. Time to start the hype train :D Does he remind me of Lemieux?

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Picked him up in my pool early when I saw he was going to be on the top line. Dude does not disappoint.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I was super impressed with him last night against the Caps. Haven't really noticed him before until last night. Knew who he was but hadn't really followed his progress. He's quite a find for the Bruins. Looking like a steal where he was taken.

Mar 11, 2013
QC
Pretty much every swedish poster said that he was a steal @ 25
Im not scout but he looked so good that he was worth the risk of taking him early despite his injury. I was really surprised to see Vrana go 12 spots ahead of him, Pastrnak was clearly the better player.

My 2 knocks on him in his draft year were his strength and skating but he's turned those into some of his best assets.

Last edited:

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
I drafted him in my hockey pool and I've been waiting for him to slow down... But he just can't stop filling the net.

I'm still betting on regression, but could flirt with 40 this year which would be fantastic at 20 years old. His line-mates should keep him more consistant than other players his age.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Be curious to see if the Bruins try to push for a bridge deal or go all out long term.

Do you sign him short term and see if this is just a really good season or not and risk paying him a couple million more later?

Or do you risk signing him long term at around $5.5-6Mbut risk him slowing down and only being a 2nd line player?

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Who would they put on the PP over him? Like...Spooner? Why?
Hayes and Nash and the usual plugs, like last night at the end of the game when Bruins were trailing. It's the Bruins way. Doesn't matter if you play like a bum or like a star, everyone gets an equal amount of opportunities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad