Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Anyone with Studnicka has looked pretty bad. I don't mean to be too harsh on him, but even Bergeron line was trashed at 5on5 for the first time in years when Studnicka was playing with them. He's a promising kid, but aside from some flashes hasn't looked like he belongs in NHL quite yet.

You sure about that?

Ritchie & Krejci
CF%​
SF%​
xGF​
xGA​
xGF%​
SCF%​
HDCF%​
w/ Studnicka
1.23​
w/o Studnicka
36.84​
30.00​
0.21​
25.23​
37.50​
0.00​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The numbers still are awful, but 21 & 46 have been worse away from Studnicka.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Not only Chara and Bergeron have been more valuable, but Marchand and Rask have been also.

Considering those are the only players that were with the Bruins through that whole period, I guess I can say Krejci has been the least valuable Bruin who played from 2010-2020.

That's some pretty good company, though. Two no-brainer hall of famers, the best all around LW in the NHL, and a goalie who is and has been top 3 in the league for most of the decade. It's really not a knock on Krech to put him five in that list.

Reactions: Number6

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
That's some pretty good company, though. Two no-brainer hall of famers, the best all around LW in the NHL, and a goalie who is and has been top 3 in the league for most of the decade. It's really not a knock on Krech to put him five in that list.

Its not a knock on Krejci.

Its a knock on the bizarre suggestion that he's been the most valuable Bruin since 2010.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Not only Chara and Bergeron have been more valuable, but Marchand and Rask have been also.

Considering those are the only players that were with the Bruins through that whole period, I guess I can say Krejci has been the least valuable Bruin who played from 2010-2020.
Yea.....Sure...OK. Whatever you say.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The Krejci line needs to just be a threat. Don’t care who’s on the wing. Just be good enough that the opposition thinks you matter.

“i don’t care how you get here, get here if you can”

Reactions: LSCII

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Seems pretty clear Pasta should be line 2 if Bruins want a consistent attack. 63 and 37 are producing just fine thus far, while Krech has received the usual random rotation (Kase Stud Smith Coyle), none of which have been bad, but are better elsewhere.

Marchand Bergeron Kase/Debrusk/whoever
Ritchie Krejci Pastrnak
Frederic Coyle Smith
Bjork Kuraly Wagner

can always go back to 63 / 37 / 88 if trailing late game.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Predictions on his next contract?

In Boston?
Years?
Dollars?

I'll go with...
Yes (they're in a hole without him and obviously value him as a player, teammate and human)
2 years (because it just kinda seems right)
Similar $ to what he's at now.

I've always underestimated the guy, but looking back on his career he's done nothing but produce and he's a pretty central part the team's core. I say they keep him but I'm sentimental.

Reactions: bp13

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I like a two year extension at about 5.5m per. Get the most out of what he has left, just in time for Studnicka to be really ready to go and possibly Beecher too.

Reactions: Kalus

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Predictions on his next contract?

In Boston?
Years?
Dollars?

I'll go with...
Yes (they're in a hole without him and obviously value him as a player, teammate and human)
2 years (because it just kinda seems right)
Similar $ to what he's at now.

I've always underestimated the guy, but looking back on his career he's done nothing but produce and he's a pretty central part the team's core. I say they keep him but I'm sentimental.

I love Krejci and have been a consistent defender of him on here, but my dream scenario is:

1. Extend Krejci for 1 year (if he's willing) or let him walk.
2. Back up the Brinks truck to Barkov's house in 2022

The timing works out too well with their contracts being up and signing Barkov long term at 26 (in 2022) is the best case scenario to transition to the post Bergeron/Krejci years.

A 2022 center depth of Barkov, Bergeron, Studnicka, Coyle looks damn good. Then after Bergeron you have Barkov, Studnicka, Beecher, Coyle

Reactions: Kalus

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Seems pretty clear Pasta should be line 2 if Bruins want a consistent attack. 63 and 37 are producing just fine thus far, while Krech has received the usual random rotation (Kase Stud Smith Coyle), none of which have been bad, but are better elsewhere.

Marchand Bergeron Kase/Debrusk/whoever
Ritchie Krejci Pastrnak
Frederic Coyle Smith
Bjork Kuraly Wagner

can always go back to 63 / 37 / 88 if trailing late game.

Each player is so different, curious to see if it works.
You have the distributor, the shooter, and the Pierre McGuire "big body presence".

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Are we finally done with the Kuhlman experiments? He doesn’t fit with Krejci. Enough already!
he (KK) doesn`t fit anywhere inside the top 6, I have been a harsh critic of DK`s when warranted but one thing is for sure, he`s been a hell of a professional seeing a constant rotation and tinkering with "might be" "could be" wingers for years now, many others would have complained loudly by now

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
he (KK) doesn`t fit anywhere inside the top 6, I have been a harsh critic of DK`s when warranted but one thing is for sure, he`s been a hell of a professional seeing a constant rotation and tinkering with "might be" "could be" wingers for years now, many others would have complained loudly by now

The production over a full season is always there. He misses weeks at a time but the point pace he holds to is there

Reactions: ODAAT

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I like a two year extension at about 5.5m per. Get the most out of what he has left, just in time for Studnicka to be really ready to go and possibly Beecher too.

I would be thrilled by that deal. I think Krejci deserves, and will get, more term and a higher aav though.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I would be thrilled by that deal. I think Krejci deserves, and will get, more term and a higher aav though.

You are probably right at least with AAV part. I don't want the Bruins to go on the hook for more than two years with him, though. They need to be able to get out if he has a major age decline.

Reactions: TD Charlie

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Any ideas on what happened?

I thought he was really hustling in the first. No doubt he wanted to make it work with Pasta and keep a great winger in his line.

I'm guessing he pushed his groin to hard.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It's difficult to not be a fan of Krejci but it simply is odd that any winger he plays with now becomes largely ineffective - Debrusk, Smith, Ritchie are the most recent. Unfortunately the Bruins have absolutely nothing behind Bergeron to be that second line center - certainly not Coyle with his play.

If Krejci is to miss additional games, is Studnicka even ready? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad