Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
DK has been one of my favorites for years...the value he has brought has consistently been under-valued by many.

That said- I am pleased (?) to see Bs management taking a hard look at the future and the role of its core. I hated seeing both Zee and Krug leave but understood the reasons for both.

We are likely to see a similar outcome here and difficult as it will be to accept its decisions like these that keep a team from going into a full-blown collapse.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
If Krejci maintains his typical 60+ point pace, I’d have to think Sweeney would want to resign him to a short term deal. I wouldn’t object to a 2 year/ 10m extension (assuming he doesn’t suddenly fall off a cliff this season)
I wonder if, like a lot of older players before him, he would consider a move to RW in the future. Put Stud as his center and you then have a fantastic mentor on the wing who could fill in at center if there are any injuries or struggles.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I wonder if, like a lot of older players before him, he would consider a move to RW in the future. Put Stud as his center and you then have a fantastic mentor on the wing who could fill in at center if there are any injuries or struggles.
I recall Krejci playing RW for a few games many seasons ago. I’m not sure how he would feel about RW but it’s a good idea. He could take important faceoffs if Studnicka struggles at times. And would help solve the teams RW problem.

Pastrnak
Krejci
Smith

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
Not 100% sure but I remember reading that he hates playing wing.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Before talking kid replacing DK or PB we need the kid’s that can take these minutes and bring there efficiency and production.

I am surprise no real replacement center kid in the organisation that could learn from those two great players.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

I'm just trying to stretch my memory and think of players who moved from centre to wing near the end of their career and am drawing a blank. I'm sure there are guys but I'm struggling to think of any. Probably because I didn't really notice them but...?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
So apparently
Krejci can’t play with
Pastrnak
DeBrusk
Kase
Marchand
Bjork

how’s he getting assists ?

Is there anyone he can play with

was I dreaming when he stepped in between 63 & 88 when Bergeron’s out his 15+ games

I would say the issue is how much % are we getting out of krejci. Do we believe he is a 60 point guy at his best? Or... is that what he does at his worst?

Give him credit... he runs hot and cold in every season but the end of year is always consistent.

I’ve seen krejci with good line mates like lucid go toe to toe against Crosby and malkin and win the matchup. My opinion of krejci potential tells me he’s capable of more than we get.

I think... he hasn’t had the best line mates for a few years. But then again we pay him 7 mill. He is supposed to make his linemates better.

We need krejci playing well to have depth. Let’s hope he has a good season.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'm just trying to stretch my memory and think of players who moved from centre to wing near the end of their career and am drawing a blank. I'm sure there are guys but I'm struggling to think of any. Probably because I didn't really notice them but...?

Ron francais did some of this. Kirk muller sort of bounced back and forth a lot. I guess David backes is a recent example here in Boston.

It happens sometimes

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Joe Thornton and Joe Pavelski are the two most recent off the top of my head. David Backes as well. I feel like type of player plays a role in who does it successfully, just think Krejci may be losing the wheels to effectively play center, but with his IQ could still be useful on the wing.

Reactions: Kalus

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Ron francais did some of this. Kirk muller sort of bounced back and forth a lot. I guess David backes is a recent example here in Boston.

It happens sometimes
Joe Thornton and Joe Pavelski are the two most recent off the top of my head. David Backes as well. I feel like type of player plays a role in who does it successfully, just think Krejci may be losing the wheels to effectively play center, but with his IQ could still be useful on the wing.

Thanks guys. It's a tough list
Like Pavelski and Francis both played a decent amount of wing earlier in their careers. Backes spent time there also. Did Thornton play wing last season? And can't remember if Muller was effective or not. The list just seems shorter in my memory than it should be. But my memory is also, at best, hazy.

Changing positions later in your career is tough. Krejci has never played wing. Maybe he could maybe pull it off - but it's not cut'n'paste. You just learn to see the game and react differently after awhile.

Reactions: NDiesel

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com

Stamkos is a pretty famous example of a lifelong center who moved over to wing. Claude Giroux has been really good at wing later in his career.

Reactions: NDiesel

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Thanks guys. It's a tough list
Like Pavelski and Francis both played a decent amount of wing earlier in their careers. Backes spent time there also. Did Thornton play wing last season? And can't remember if Muller was effective or not. The list just seems shorter in my memory than it should be. But my memory is also, at best, hazy.

Changing positions later in your career is tough. Krejci has never played wing. Maybe he could maybe pull it off - but it's not cut'n'paste. You just learn to see the game and react differently after awhile.

Yeah some guys can switch, some can't. There's very little about Krejci's game that suggests he'd make a good winger - he's not quick, he doesn't have the body to go out and be more of an enforcer the way Backes at least tried to do, and he's not really a natural shooter, even though he's got a sneakily excellent slapshot. So for me he doesn't look like someone who's going to blossom into a decent middle 6 winger in the twilight of his career. I'm not sure he'd be that keen on it either - being more of a center ice playmaker just seems to absolutely be his thing. Not saying it's impossible, just unlikely.

Reactions: b in vancouver

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I recall Krejci playing RW for a few games many seasons ago. I’m not sure how he would feel about RW but it’s a good idea. He could take important faceoffs if Studnicka struggles at times. And would help solve the teams RW problem.

Pastrnak
Krejci
Smith
Do you think Ondrej Kase is a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->