Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Define problem.

I haven’t seen Kase prove himself as a reliable scoring wing in a top 6 slot. He’ll have plenty of time to make it happen this season
That’s why I question whether there is a problem. Ondrej has not yet had a full season of play. The most he had was 66 with the Ducks a few years back when he scored 20. So it’s premature to claim there’s a RW problem. Besides, why do you think Krejci, who has only a handful of games many years ago, can slide onto that slot which has different responsibilities?

Kase may have a lot to prove if he has a healthy season. After that we can speculate if there is a RW problem.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
17 if we are counting.
I was going by hockey-reference.com and nhl.com Career Statistics. Something must be askew. Playoffs? But they did list the stats as career numbers.

edit: “upon further review” Idid find his career playoff numbers: 24 GP. 2G. 4 A 6 total

Last edited:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
That’s why I question whether there is a problem. Ondrej has not yet had a full season of play. The most he had was 66 with the Ducks a few years back when he scored 20. So it’s premature to claim there’s a RW problem. Besides, why do you think Krejci, who has only a handful of games many years ago, can slide onto that slot which has different responsibilities?

Kase may have a lot to prove if he has a healthy season. After that we can speculate if there is a RW problem.
Fair assessment. Personally I think Kase has the goods to score 20 consistently. Obviously we can’t assume that based on one season. I hope he seizes the opportunity here this season. Otherwise we do have a RW problem. If so, moving Krejci to RW next season isn’t a bad idea

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Fair assessment. Personally I think Kase has the goods to score 20 consistently. Obviously we can’t assume that based on one season. I hope he seizes the opportunity here this season. Otherwise we do have a RW problem. If so, moving Krejci to RW next season isn’t a bad idea

I just don't Krejci as that big physical RW who is going to chase pucks along the boards and make his living in front of the net for a full season. They need player like Horton. Krejci is a playmaking skill player who plays a solid 2 way game at C.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Someone said 2 year, $5M AAV earlier in here and I think that is right. No longer than that as this would be a 35+ one. His type of game should age ok.

Kind of a glut of 3C types, so hopefully Krejci can deliver 2C work for at least the first extended year. Maybe Studnika takes that spot in Krejci's last year.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I just don't Krejci as that big physical RW who is going to chase pucks along the boards and make his living in front of the net for a full season. They need player like Horton. Krejci is a playmaking skill player who plays a solid 2 way game at C.
Patrick Kane isn’t a big physical RW. It takes all kinds. I’m not saying it would work. But it’s worth a whirl

Reactions: Ratty

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Patrick Kane isn’t a big physical RW. It takes all kinds. I’m not saying it would work. But it’s worth a whirl

Yeah, there are lots of wingers who play like Krejci... Voracek is a playmaking winger, Josh Bailey, then you've got younger guys like Mitch Marner, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Ehlers, even Nugent-Hopkins now that he's converted to wing.

The days of wingers being the big guys who work the walls and the front of the net are long gone. You still get them, but I'd argue the game has evolved and that skillset is more often applied to centers now, and the classic skillsy forward skillset is more common among the wingers.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Yeah, there are lots of wingers who play like Krejci... Voracek is a playmaking winger, Josh Bailey, then you've got younger guys like Mitch Marner, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Ehlers, even Nugent-Hopkins now that he's converted to wing.

The days of wingers being the big guys who work the walls and the front of the net are long gone. You still get them, but I'd argue the game has evolved and that skillset is more often applied to centers now, and the classic skillsy forward skillset is more common among the wingers.

It's not the skill level or style for me, but asking a guy in his mid 30s to start processing the game differently. It's tough. Changing position in any team sport is difficult.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Full health who are Krejci's wings? These are the 5 most logical choices and Krejci's numbers w/ them so far this year.

upload_2021-1-28_8-59-16.png

Reactions: kjpm

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Full health who are Krejci's wings? These are the 5 most logical choices and Krejci's numbers w/ them so far this year.

View attachment 389352

I think they go back to DeBrusk and Kase when all are healthy. I think that's been the plan all along, it's just tough to get everybody in the lineup. I think those three will be good if they're ever able to stay together consistently.

I also wouldn't mind giving Ritchie - Krejci - Kase another go. Ritchie and Kase seem to have complementary skill sets so I'd be interested to see it now that Ritchie's improved his game from last year. They've had success with Henrique in Anaheim. I think they tried this briefly last year before the shutdown but neither guy was really settled in yet. I think Ritchie needs to be with either Kase or Smith to be successful 5v5, he gets to the right spots and has a good shot but isn't much of a transition guy. Those two are great at driving possession and creating chances which would benefit him.

Studnicka's shown flashes but he's getting caved in 5v5 by the stats so far (so is Krejci himself for that matter). I think he's on the cusp of figuring it out but he's not there quite yet. He might need some more AHL time before he's really ready for top six minutes. Maybe try him later in the year if Kase can't stay in the lineup.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Ritchie - Krejci - Studnicka have been pretty bad as a trio

Anyone with Studnicka has looked pretty bad. I don't mean to be too harsh on him, but even Bergeron line was trashed at 5on5 for the first time in years when Studnicka was playing with them. He's a promising kid, but aside from some flashes hasn't looked like he belongs in NHL quite yet.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Define problem.

I haven’t seen Kase prove himself as a reliable scoring wing in a top 6 slot. He’ll have plenty of time to make it happen this season
he`s never really found his game since arriving here but there are elements of his game I appreciate, the guy works his tail off but unfortunately, at the end of the day, pretty sure they didn`t acquire him because he hustles. Now what I`m guessing is another concussion, simply going to take him more time to get up to speed and then who knows? Feel bad for the guy

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Anyone with Studnicka has looked pretty bad. I don't mean to be too harsh on him, but even Bergeron line was trashed at 5on5 for the first time in years when Studnicka was playing with them. He's a promising kid, but aside from some flashes hasn't looked like he belongs in NHL quite yet.
The board is its usual ga ga over some players. The Gaga has worn off on Bjork. I saw nothing in him his first week and that has not changed. The current flavors of the month are Frederick and Studs.......Frankly....I dont see anything screaming out at me yet....Studnicka does not yet look like a top six player and Frederick looks like a bottom six player which is no great shakes. They are easy to find. If they can start potting a few goals i will get excited.....

Zboril and Louzan on the other hand are looking very promising and thats a surprise i am happy about......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese