Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I'd offer Krejci a one year deal and if he doesn't take it I'd thank him for his service and move on. We need an upgrade in our top 6 going forward BADLY. I'd rather take the risk of no Krejci 2 years from now and using his money to make a run at Barkov next summer.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
So you don't see a difference in playoff Krejci versus regular season Krejci? Or you don't notice some nights he dominates and some he's invisible? I think you (collective you, not specific to just you) can and do see effort or lack of effort if you're being honest about the player. I get the consistent production of 60ish points too, but I feel he's always had the talent to be better but never has for whatever reason.

I hear you but I can’t get on board criticizing a guy for elevating his game in the playoffs or expecting more from a guy who has produced so much and seemingly under the radar.

Technically he's behind Coyle, McAvoy, and Smith in terms of 5v5 production. He has just 3 points 5v5 points on the season. Tied with Lauzon, Carlo, Bjork, Ritchie, and Kuraly. He also has a 3v3 assist and and empty net assist, bringing his ES point total to 5. Prior to getting injured yesterday, he was leading all forwards in total ES TOI.
While I think you’re skinning these numbers a little thin I appreciate it.

To those that want to move on, who do you have stepping into the #2 center spot with no second line wings? Barkov would be a dream but I’ll take the bird in hand for now

Last edited:
Reactions: LSCII

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I hear you but I can’t get on board criticizing a guy for elevating his game in the playoffs or expecting more from a guy who has produced so much and seemingly under the radar.

While I think you’re skinning these numbers a little thin I appreciate it.

To those that want to move on, who do you have stepping into the #2 center spot with no second line wings? Barkov would be a dream but I’ll take the bird in hand for now

For as great as he's been in certain series, he's been equally invisible in others. That is the part that is maddening.

Reactions: chizzler and LSCII

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
bruins fans counting on older krejci to carry the team in his mid 30s with no scoring threats is lke depending on an older car with bald tires. at least perform some maintenance

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm ready to send him the way of Krug or Chara. Thanks for the memories, time to see what someone else can do there (no, not Coyle).
I hear you but they had Gryz, Lauzon, Zboril, Miller and Clifton ready to step into those two spots though, who do they have for Krejci? Heard they’re switching studnicka to wing... which means we’d be looking at Coyle Kuraly Frederic at the 2,3,4 center spots?

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Krejci RS per game:

Goals 0.22 assists 0.53 points 0.75

Krejci Playoffs per game:

Goals 0.28 assists 0.52 points 0.79

Not a huge difference, but its mostly in goals. Which I think is a good thing.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Krejci RS per game:

Goals 0.22 assists 0.53 points 0.75

Krejci Playoffs per game:

Goals 0.28 assists 0.52 points 0.79

Not a huge difference, but its mostly in goals. Which I think is a good thing.
Quality of competition’s a little different come playoff time too

Not saying he’s a perfect player by any means. I honestly don’t see his game as being all that strong when I’m watching but the numbers pretty regularly show me how wrong I am.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Quality of competition’s a little different come playoff time too

Not saying he’s a perfect player by any means. I honestly don’t see his game as being all that strong when I’m watching but the numbers pretty regularly show me how wrong I am.

Let's not forget he makes a lot of money ($7 mil).

His numbers are not that great.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I'm ready to send him the way of Krug or Chara. Thanks for the memories, time to see what someone else can do there (no, not Coyle).
It's time to move forward. We should realistically shouldn't be heading into the season with our top 2 centers in their NHL twilight. Krejci is the oddman out. Thanks for everything, but it's time.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It's time to move forward. We should realistically shouldn't be heading into the season with our top 2 centers in their NHL twilight. Krejci is the oddman out. Thanks for everything, but it's time.

if thats the plan you trade him to a contender and go for a high pick unless you want him walking for nothing like krug and chara.

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Krejci played well the first handful of games, I did notice. Since then, not so much and it might not be saying much that he is the leading 5v5 scorer after the top line sadly. Without seeing the data I have to think there are a lot of 0s and 1s this season.

I have always been of the mind that he and Debrusk never clicked because those two were always playing shorthanded with no right winger... but I am not so sure as I see Debrusk 100x more effective on the two other lines he has played on. Ritchie has become downright ineffective recently. Smith, granted a tiny sample size, likewise.

Krejci is still absolutely a great 2nd line center but with what he is paid, he needs to find a way to elevate whatever linemates he has since they actually are decently competent wingers this season. Regardless of play styles.

I think it's worth considering how much can we reasonably expect a center to elevate his wingers, particularly when you're trying to elevate them beyond their 'natural' level. We talk about this a lot with Krejci because of his situation, but is Bergeron any better? Probably not so long ago Bergy could make magic with just about anybody, but the evidence says not anymore. When Pasta was out at the start of this season, the top line generated very little 5v5 offense, even with Marchand on it. Even now, with Pasta struggling, it's again not doing a whole lot.

Simple fact is we have two centres who are in their mid-30s where it becomes increasingly harder to drive performance by your own dynamism and sheer willingness to make things happen. Without genuine quality on their wings to take advantage of their experience they're unlikely to be be driving high-producing lines at this point in their careers.

Even looking at younger players and beyond Boston, how many examples are there of top 6 centres who are getting great performance out of wingers that normally aren't quite at that level or who are still 'emerging' talent? Genuine question because right now I can't think of any.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I think it's worth considering how much can we reasonably expect a center to elevate his wingers, particularly when you're trying to elevate them beyond their 'natural' level. We talk about this a lot with Krejci because of his situation, but is Bergeron any better? Probably not so long ago Bergy could make magic with just about anybody, but the evidence says not anymore. When Pasta was out at the start of this season, the top line generated very little 5v5 offense, even with Marchand on it. Even now, with Pasta struggling, it's again not doing a whole lot.

Simple fact is we have two centres who are in their mid-30s where it becomes increasingly harder to drive performance by your own dynamism and sheer willingness to make things happen. Without genuine quality on their wings to take advantage of their experience they're unlikely to be be driving high-producing lines at this point in their careers.

Even looking at younger players and beyond Boston, how many examples are there of top 6 centres who are getting great performance out of wingers that normally aren't quite at that level or who are still 'emerging' talent? Genuine question because right now I can't think of any.

The problem as I see it with Krejci is that we're always saying whoever are his wingers are bad fits. The problem isn't that Krejci doesn't have wingers its that his style doesn't mesh with what the Bruins are wanting to do on offense.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The problem as I see it with Krejci is that we're always saying whoever are his wingers are bad fits. The problem isn't that Krejci doesn't have wingers its that his style doesn't mesh with what the Bruins are wanting to do on offense.

He's the only seven million dollar playmaking center in the history of the NHL that's not expected to make his line mates better.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He's the only seven million dollar playmaking center in the history of the NHL that's not expected to make his line mates better.
He’s always expected to make his line mates better, that’s the problem. .. like Brady being expected to turn chicken shit into chicken salad year after year. Is Bergeron expected to make Marchand and Pasta more than they are?

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Who has the style argument been used for apart from DeBrusk? I would say with Ritchie and Kuhlman the issue is much more them not being top 6-calibre players (don't misunderstand me here - Ritchie clearly has more to offer than Karson, but neither belongs on the 2nd line of a contending team), same probably goes for Kase, while Backes when he was playing 2RW was obviously in decline. That only leaves Smith, where again I would submit that the sample size so far is too small to say much meaningful about it.

As it goes, I don't think Krejci has had a great start to the season. He's been ok, nothing more. Thing is, despite their place in the standings, which Bruins forwards have played anywhere near their best so far this year? Ritchie, Bjork perhaps? It's a very small list. The whole forward unit is really struggling to get going.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Sorry, hard disagree. Over the past 3 years he's been expected to do nothing but draw blood from stones. The best he's been given for any extended length of time has been newbie DeBrusk and despite all the chem issues between them he still succeeded in turning him into a multiple 40 point player right from the start. That's a result.

There have been few if any top 6 centres in the league on contending teams in recent years who have been expected to do more with less as much as David Krejci.

Reactions: missingchicklet

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
He’s always expected to make his line mates better, that’s the problem. .. like Brady being expected to turn chicken shit into chicken salad year after year. Is Bergeron expected to make Marchand and Pasta more than they are?

Bergeron has. Seguin was good too. He even made Heinen very very good up there. Smith....

krejci? 2013 was a long time ago

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Sorry, hard disagree. Over the past 3 years he's been expected to do nothing but draw blood from stones. The best he's been given for any extended length of time has been newbie DeBrusk and despite all the chem issues between them he still succeeded in turning him into a multiple 40 point player right from the start. That's a result.

There have been few if any top 6 centres in the league on contending teams in recent years who have been expected to do more with less as much as David Krejci.

basically every single winger he’s had in the past five years has done nothing to not much with him. 7 million dollar players need to make players better especially when they are a playmaker in theory. He’s fallen short.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
if thats the plan you trade him to a contender and go for a high pick unless you want him walking for nothing like krug and chara.
Who is a contender? Teams in first place?

I usually agree to trade and get actual value, maybe if the Bruins stink up the place by deadline, I'd consider it, but I think they would let him ride his contract out, because he's helping the team more than a draft pick.

The bigger question, do you change your username or team allegiance if he goes elsewhere?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Here's the discussion the Krejci haters don't want to have...Bergeron only outscores him because he's always between Marchand and Pastrnak and gets 3+min a game on the power play with them and Krug.

Last 3 seasons, ES scoring.

Krejci: 117 points
Bergeron: 119 points

You really want to add their wingers to that conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad