Player Discussion David Krejci VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Any worry Seattle swoops in and over pays either one of these guys to come out west?
They could but both seem like they are living where they are at and it would be huge change in everything- for money neither will ever spend

I would place $500 bet in Vegas if the odds were decent that at least one will be playing here past contract

if I got great odds on both I would do it

Reactions: JCRO

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
DeBrusk isn’t exactly Tom Wilson. They will add Frederic, Studnicka, and Lauzon full time soon and all three play physical.

Gudreau is 27 and with Pastrnak 25 you have to high end skilled forwards

if he got 80 points the price is higher

I want the 2019 Columbus Bluejackets balance as a blueprint but the Bruins need to address skill

they don’t have any forwards under 30 other then Pastrnak who are high offensive skillsets

they need to get him

remember they got Frederic Studnicka & Beecher coming on offense all at least 6’2”

they can add a skilled munchkin who’s got a track record

Does Studnicka play physical? He's listed as 6'1", 170

When choosing between size, speed and talent, talent should win out

Where is Beecher and what did he do this past season?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Not sure why Pastrnak can’t play with keel Krejci?

Is it against the law ?

No change lineup duos

Marchand-Bergeron
Pastrnak- Krejci
DeBrusk-Coyle
It’s been tried and it doesn’t work.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Thank you Bob Beers !!!

good to hear him 100% in same mindset as moi

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It’s been tried and it doesn’t work.
Um couldn’t disagree more

Let’s see....my Holy Core of hockey friends including many former and present HF members and Beers alluding to right now on WEEI disagree

maybe you know more then me since hockey my third sport but all the others ?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

He’s 6’2” unless he lied on pregame show and in Providence he was very physical in the games I saw live keying on him - his physical was more in your face, contact in the play as opposed to seeking the play

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So apparently
Krejci can’t play with
Pastrnak
DeBrusk
Kase
Marchand
Bjork

how’s he getting assists ?

Is there anyone he can play with

was I dreaming when he stepped in between 63 & 88 when Bergeron’s out his 15+ games

Reactions: Dr Hook

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Beecher's in Michigan learning his craft. The Michigan Uni's hockey team site gives the following breakdown of his 2019/20 season:

Freshman Year (2019-20)
• Big Ten All-Freshman Team
• Played in 31 games and had 16 points (9 goals and 7 assists)
• Finished +7, with 14 blocks and won 52.0 percent of his face offs (196-181)
• Team was 11-2 when he had a point
• Collected first career point with an assist in a 4-0 win over LSSU (10/18) and added two more assists the next day (10/19)
• Scored first career goal in 4-0 win over #18 Western Michigan (10/25)
• Tallied an assist vs. Minnesota (11/9)
• Notched a goal vs. Michigan State (11/14)
• Scored twice at UNH (11/22)
• Net the game winner vs. #6 Penn State (12/6)
• Earned an assist in a 3-0 win at #14 Notre Dame (1/10)
• Collected two goals in a 6-0 shutout at #6 Penn State (1/17)
• Chipped in an assist in a 5-3 win at Wisconsin (2/8) and vs. Michigan State at the Duel in the D (2/17)
• Scored a goal in each of the Big 10 Quarterfinal games with Michigan State (3/6 and 3/7)

Not bad numbers for a first college year. Not amazing, but solid. But stats only tell you so much, especially in the junior years. Hopefully he's also looking the part and continuing to improve his play. He can certainly skate, I'll say that:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Beecher's in Michigan learning his craft. The Michigan Uni's hockey team site gives the following breakdown of his 2019/20 season:

Freshman Year (2019-20)
• Collected first career point with an assist in a 4-0 win over LSSU (10/18) and added two more assists the next day (10/19)
• Chipped in an assist in a 5-3 win at Wisconsin (2/8) and vs. Michigan State at the Duel in the D (2/17)
• Scored a goal in each of the Big 10 Quarterfinal games with Michigan State (3/6 and 3/7)

Not bad numbers for a first college year. Not amazing, but solid. But stats only tell you so much, especially in the junior years. Hopefully he's also looking the part and continuing to improve his play. He can certainly skate, I'll say that:

That goal reminds me a lot of Kuraly - if he could handle the puck a bit better.

If the NCAA is cancelled any chance we see guys like Beecher make the jump to the AHL earlier than expected?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Freshman Year (2019-20)

Thanks!

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
That goal reminds me a lot of Kuraly - if he could handle the puck a bit better.

If the NCAA is cancelled any chance we see guys like Beecher make the jump to the AHL earlier than expected?

I would have thought it's possible. The Bruins are not exactly flush with quality prospects at the moment, so if it pans out that the AHL can run next season but the NCAA can't, they should definitely look at giving Beecher time in Providence rather than just sitting around doing not much. The main thing to consider probably isn't so much whether he yet has the necessary ability, but more whether he's mentally ready to cope with the step up. As long as they feel he can deal with the added physicality and difficulty, and not lose too much confidence if he initially finds it tough going, then it should be on the table.

Reactions: NDiesel

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

We have seen a few players do it already, I think from the ECAC where the ivy schools have already cancelled play for this year.

Reactions: NDiesel

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Um couldn’t disagree more

Let’s see....my Holy Core of hockey friends including many former and present HF members and Beers alluding to right now on WEEI disagree

maybe you know more then me since hockey my third sport but all the others ?
Idk. Seemed like the weren’t in sync every time I saw them playing on the same line.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
So apparently
Krejci can’t play with
Pastrnak
DeBrusk
Kase
Marchand
Bjork

how’s he getting assists ?

Is there anyone he can play with

was I dreaming when he stepped in between 63 & 88 when Bergeron’s out his 15+ games
Finally he played good, in the Carolina series. Didn’t notice him much in the Tampa series.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
That's interesting that he wants to keep playing. Rumor that he was going to be going back to the Czech Republic has always been circulating.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I wonder how much of Krejci’s strong playoff was due to him having 6 months rest before they began.

He didn’t look very good in last year’s playoffs, and he didn’t look very good during the regular season this year. Then he gets 6 months off and for two weeks looks like the Krejci of old.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I wonder how much of Krejci’s strong playoff was due to him having 6 months rest before they began.

He didn’t look very good in last year’s playoffs, and he didn’t look very good during the regular season this year. Then he gets 6 months off and for two weeks looks like the Krejci of old.

I wondered that too, but if that is case, given the situation now of a relatively quick turnaround to start camp, and then a compressed schedule to follow, we probably won't see that Krejci again.

Reactions: PlayMakers

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

He was near ppg in the 1st 3 rounds before St Louis shut him down to only 2 points in 7. Rounds 1-3 he had 14 points in 17 games

Even then, he had 16 in 24 and a +5
Bergeron had 17 in 24 and a +4...and only had 3 points in the Finals. Yet folks all said he had a good playoffs.

Thats with Krejci not getting PP time. Krejci had 13 ES points, which led the team

Last edited:

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere

I thought the same thing, and also that since Bergy was limping they should have been swapped. Too late now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad