Player Discussion David Krejci V

Status
Not open for further replies.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Didn't watch the game last night, but I heard he's looking old out there. Truth?

Honestly the times I've watched the games this year, I can't help but notice that I haven't 'noticed' Krejci on the ice much, if at all. I know he's know a gigantic golem like Coyle but this man's supposed to be one of the cornerstones of the franchise right now. I worry all the injuries - even this year's - are finally starting to catch up to him. It's not just Debrusk struggling
I think this was the annual why the f*** didn't you get me a right wing game.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
FYI, there is a significant difference in getting a real goal scorer than someone with 7 goals who is tied for 290th in the NHL in goal scoring

This is true but Kase is the closest thing he will get with this roster to a decent winger right now.We have no choice but to hope it works .

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I know it’s cliche to say but great players make players around them better. We always clamor for the “Krejci RW”... He hasn’t clicked with a RW since Horton/ Iginla? This is either a huge failure on Sweeney’s part, or Krejci is whiny and plays at a different level when he doesn’t have what he deems “equals” on his wings. Not sure which it is

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I know it’s cliche to say but great players make players around them better. We always clamor for the “Krejci RW”... He hasn’t clicked with a RW since Horton/ Iginla? This is either a huge failure on Sweeney’s part, or Krejci is whiny and plays at a different level when he doesn’t have what he deems “equals” on his wings. Not sure which it is

It's Sweeney 100% the hole has been there since he arrived

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

I think his finals run last year with essentially not having anybody to play on his right side is very impressive.

Reactions: BMC

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Not his fault Kase's always hurt...or sick......god I really hope that one pans out.

Regardless one thing I've always found disappointing about Krej is that he NEEDS his wingers to be really good to make his game that much more effective. I wish he was more of a line driver. But that's just me being wishful. He is what he is and he's still scoring better than most of the forwards on the team

But I gotta be honest; when his contract is up, and if I'm Don, I thank him for all of the years of service he put into the Bruins, and say goodbye and wish him luck with his next team. That he's NEEDED specific wingers to play with for all of this time has become a point of vexation. I hope Studnicka changes that when he graduates from the AHL at some point. I know it sounds horrible, but I honestly hope the next generation of centers in Boston are more like Bergeron or Coyle than they are like Krejci. I'd rather see them be the line-drivers as opposed to NEEDING to rely on your wingers being big or strong in the corners, etc.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
FYI, there is a significant difference in getting a real goal scorer in the top 6 over someone with 7 goals who is tied for 290th in the NHL in goal scoring

The poster stated the Bruins didn't get Krejci a right wing. Not "a real goal scorer".

Fact is, as stated, they did get a RW.

Anyhow, the way Krejci played last night he would have needed a prime Gordie Howe on his wing to make up for his terrible performance.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Not his fault Kase's always hurt...or sick......god I really hope that one pans out.

Regardless one thing I've always found disappointing about Krej is that he NEEDS his wingers to be really good to make his game that much more effective. I wish he was more of a line driver. But that's just me being wishful. He is what he is and he's still scoring better than most of the forwards on the team

But I gotta be honest; when his contract is up, and if I'm Don, I thank him for all of the years of service he put into the Bruins, and say goodbye and wish him luck with his next team. That he's NEEDED specific wingers to play with for all of this time has become a point of vexation. I hope Studnicka changes that when he graduates from the AHL at some point. I know it sounds horrible, but I honestly hope the next generation of centers in Boston are more like Bergeron or Coyle than they are like Krejci. I'd rather see them be the line-drivers as opposed to NEEDING to rely on your wingers being big or strong in the corners, etc.

I think any good center you stick will sub par linemates will see a drop in production

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

He is going back to Czech Republic anyways once his deal is up.That is a given.This guy led playoffs twice in scoring.Nobody else on this roster can claim that.He is getting older but if Sweeney had of helped his line out better he would be better for it.The baggage he has been saddled with is unreal.

Reactions: BMC and KrejciMVP

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I think any good center you stick will sub par linemates will see a drop in production

A fair point. Don't get me wrong i'm not shitting on the man at all. I do worry that it's more than just a winger problem though. I hope I'm wrong and we're not seeing him start to decline - not that he's gonna go the way of Backes, of course...

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He is going back to Czech Republic anyways once his deal is up.That is a given.This guy led playoffs twice in scoring.Nobody else on this roster can claim that.He is getting older but if Sweeney had of helped his line out better he would be better for it.The baggage he has been saddled with is unreal.

Can't believe it could be his last year as a Bruin. He's had a great career. Retiring healthy is a good thing too.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Can't believe it could be his last year as a Bruin. He's had a great career. Retiring healthy is a good thing too.

He has 1 year left on deal I think.No way they win Cup in 2011 without this guy .It has been an honour to watch him work his magic this long.Great player and a Bruins legend.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He has 1 year left on deal I think.No way they win Cup in 2011 without this guy .It has been an honour to watch him work his magic this long.Great player and a Bruins legend.

Amazing how 2 QMJHL players Krejci and Bergeron were able to lead this team to 3 cup finals. Not sure we ever see that again in our life times. If they could get that 2nd cup and 4th cup final it would be a historic accomplishment

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

He's really been up and down in the regular season, but really solid in the playoffs.

Consider, he has the same amount of points (103) as Bergeron in the playoffs in (four) less games.

Also led the NHL in plus/minus twice.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Any stats on how successful Krejci has been with Pastrnak?

I recall Krejci playing well centering Pastrnak & Marchand. But how has he faired with Pastrnak on his line and someone other than Marchand on his LW? I do remember Pastrnak being dropped down to Krejci line a few times, not many

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
He's really been up and down in the regular season, but really solid in the playoffs.

Consider, he has the same amount of points (103) as Bergeron in the playoffs in (four) less games.

Also led the NHL in plus/minus twice.
While true that’s not really a glowing endorsement of the guy. Really reaffirms the point that he sleepwalks through huge chunks of the regular season.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
While true that’s not really a glowing endorsement of the guy. Really reaffirms the point that he sleepwalks through huge chunks of the regular season.

Did he sleepwalk last year?Look at it this way.He is sleepwalking as you say and still doing better then most of that roster so what are they comatosed?

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
It was my understanding thta the Pasta-Krej duo didn't mesh well? I dunno. I don't even know how many times they've tried Pasta on that wing honestly

Hell at this point I'd almost be tempted to put Kuhlman with Bergeron and Marchand just to see what would happen. Maybe Bergeron's magic touch would help him score some :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad