Player Discussion David Krejci V

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Krejci's last season...will be dealt in the summer for futures and baton passed to CC and Studnicka.

Love the guy, but I'm selling for assets a year early instead of extending him.

20 Stanley Cup games, 2-11-13--- hasn't scored a goal since game 6 VAN and has 7 assists in his past 14 SC games.

I ride him this year, he's still very good, and will be good for a bit, hopefully lifts the cup for us again in June.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Probably a late 1st to a cup contender would be his return. I think it will take a long time to find a player like him unless we hit on a lottery pick

Agreed on all counts. One of the best Bruins all time. Carolina would have been a great spot, but they just got Trocheck. Think they get a nice haul for him, and new team gives him a three year extension.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Did he sleepwalk last year?Look at it this way.He is sleepwalking as you say and still doing better then most of that roster so what are they comatosed?

He was non existant in the Cup finals. Overmatched even with the speed and physicality. Picked up an assist game 6 and 7....He needed to control the play and just couldn't. Still love him, but they will have 15 teams they can trade him too and someone will bite. Don needs to get his 1 back.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Agreed on all counts. One of the best Bruins all time. Carolina would have been a great spot, but they just got Trocheck. Think they get a nice haul for him, and new team gives him a three year extension.

Looks like the cup window officially closes this summer. Too bad they didn't go all in

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Did he sleepwalk last year?Look at it this way.He is sleepwalking as you say and still doing better then most of that roster so what are they comatosed?
I like Krejci, he just leaves me wanting more. I feel as if he has more to offer. Almost as if he sulks? Maybe it’s just me reading his body language. He’s immensely skilled. I for one would hope he can be resigned after his contract is up, just not at 7m. I think his game will age well. He’s a smart player. Anything more than 5m and I say let the Studnicka era begin

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Krejci's last season...will be dealt in the summer for futures and baton passed to CC and Studnicka.

Love the guy, but I'm selling for assets a year early instead of extending him.

20 Stanley Cup games, 2-11-13--- hasn't scored a goal since game 6 VAN and has 7 assists in his past 14 SC games.

I ride him this year, he's still very good, and will be good for a bit, hopefully lifts the cup for us again in June.

better dump Bergeron for assets too then...

20 Stanley Cup games, 7-6-13, +/- of 0

past 2 Finals, 5-3-8 and a -6...and hasnt had a positive +/- Finals game since Vancouver

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
No, play-off Coyle is far better than play-off Krejci circa 2010, they will still have a few years left. Bergeron and Rask are the two you can ill afford to lose.

Coyle is a 3rd line center and Studnika is a prospect. If that's the plan they arent contenders. At that point I'm tanking for our chances to draft a top center

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Krejci has plenty of chemistry with actual top 6 wingers - Horton, Lucic, Iginla and Loui. He was great with all of them. It's shocking that he hasn't had great chemistry with the rotating wheel of bottom 6 players and AHL tweeners stuck to his side.

DeBrusk is an interesting case. He has top 6 goal scoring numbers but personally I prefer him with Coyle. He and Krejci can produce together but I don't know that it's the best match. He and Coyle really have chemistry and I think DeBrusk does better with the easier competition.

In a perfect universe we would have gotten two top 6 wingers for Krejci and bumped DeBrusk down. That would have been unstoppable.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He was non existant in the Cup finals. Overmatched even with the speed and physicality. Picked up an assist game 6 and 7....He needed to control the play and just couldn't. Still love him, but they will have 15 teams they can trade him too and someone will bite. Don needs to get his 1 back.

Krejci was a +3 in the finals.

Bergeron -4.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Krejci has plenty of chemistry with actual top 6 wingers - Horton, Lucic, Iginla and Loui. He was great with all of them. It's shocking that he hasn't had great chemistry with the rotating wheel of bottom 6 players and AHL tweeners stuck to his side.

DeBrusk is an interesting case. He has top 6 goal scoring numbers but personally I prefer him with Coyle. He and Krejci can produce together but I don't know that it's the best match. He and Coyle really have chemistry and I think DeBrusk does better with the easier competition.

In a perfect universe we would have gotten two top 6 wingers for Krejci and bumped DeBrusk down. That would have been unstoppable.

'Im definitely not going to miss the conversations about getting 46 a winger when hes traded. Seems like the same story every year. Very frustrating. Just like I wont miss discussions about backes or heinen.

Reactions: Krupp

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Krejci is hardly shooting the puck this year, he has 2 shots on goal total in the past 4 games. Pacing for just over 100 shots on goal, where as his average is more in the 150-170 range. He's lucky that he's shooting 4% over his career average right now but I'd expect that to regress.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Plus one has made Pastrnak the best sniper in the league and the other can't even produce with him on his line.

yeah, no

more like one (along with Marchand) are getting their numbers elevated playing with Pastrnak.

Its no surprise that Bergeron/Marchand played 6 years as a pair topping out as ~0.75 ppg/60pt players, yet magically Marchand turns into a 1.25/100pt player and Bergeron into a ppg player as soon as Pastrnak gets added

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Coyle is a 3rd line center and Studnika is a prospect. If that's the plan they arent contenders. At that point I'm tanking for our chances to draft a top center

Totally agree on this. You trade Krejci you're immediately a worse team.

Coyle is a 3C, and certainly provides stability should there be an injury in the top 6, but he isn't in the top 6 if your team is competing for a Stanley Cup.

I handle Krejci by, assuming we're still competitive at the TDL next year, letting him play out his contract to see where his skills/production are. This also gives Studnicka a year to progress and to see where his skills/production are. If Studnicka is at a point where he can take over that spot it makes sense to go with the younger cheaper option.

Studnicka looks like hes going to be a good player, but trading Krejci and inserting Studnicka into the lineup makes you worse now.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So much agenda driven nonsense in this thread, like always.

Simple question for the DK fanbois crew here: Has DK looked good to you during the entire month of February?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
yeah, no

more like one (along with Marchand) are getting their numbers elevated playing with Pastrnak.

Its no surprise that Bergeron/Marchand played 6 years as a pair topping out as ~0.75 ppg/60pt players, yet magically Marchand turns into a 1.25/100pt player and Bergeron into a ppg player as soon as Pastrnak gets added

How did Pasta work out on Krejci's line?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So plus minus all of sudden means something here? Bergeron's line scored 5 goals, Krejci's 2. Does that mean anything?

I'd say it means you've exposed his agenda?

Never understand why we as fans can't be honest about this player. Whenever you say something like he's only scored 1 goal for the entire month, and he's not shooting the puck enough, it becomes "Well Bergeron has better linemates" or "if DK had Pasta, he'd produce more". At what point does it ever end up being his responsibility? The guy is f*cking teflon to some folks here and it's laughable.

He's sucked this month, both in production and in overall on ice play. He needs to be better. If this team wants to honestly contend, he needs to step up his game and intensity. Hopefully the new line mate will wake him up, because he's been pretty awful for a month now. The team was winning because of the top line playing insane again, but they've started to cool off, so DK needs to heat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad