Player Discussion David Krejci. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Feels to me this isn't even about Krejci anymore. Its about winning arguments here no matter what he does.

He's PPG and he's doing it with no consistent production his wings right now. Good for Krejci but unsustainable if others don't pick it up. Bruins forward depth is lacking big time after the top 4.

Last edited:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Feels to me this isn't even about Krejci anymore. Its about winning arguments here no matter what he does.

He's PPG and he's doing it will no consistent production his wings right now. Good for Krejci but unsustainable if others don't pick it up. Bruins forward depth is lacking big time after the top 4.

Its a little ridiculous. Just look at the stat line the guy is doing his job without 2 of the best players in the league on his line.

He owes us a monster playoff run on this current contract we haven't had one from him butother than that hes going exactly what we pay him to. Donato got twice as much PP time last night as him and put up another goose egg DK had a 2 point night.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
It is tough when your wingers aren't scoring

But hey even last year he scored 24 goals. To be honest, I give less than a shit about a ton of secondary assists. Goals are a more important standard for me of a top 6 player's ability.

I'd rather see Krejci bag 25 goals again if he can this year

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Its a little ridiculous. Just look at the stat line the guy is doing his job without 2 of the best players in the league on his line.

He owes us a monster playoff run on this current contract we haven't had one from him butother than that hes going exactly what we pay him to. Donato got twice as much PP time last night as him and put up another goose egg DK had a 2 point night.

to be fair, he did put up 10 in 12 in last year's playoffs. Good for 4th highest forward on the team behind only the top line

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Sure there is. It's on display regularly if you watch the games.
Watch the games??? Wish I thought of that earlier. Just because he goes a night without points and isn't blowing his stack and spitting nails doesn't mean he doesn't care. Last I checked he can put up a goal and an assist and still look exactly the same he did on that pointless night.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
because you ignore that every single player in the league has stretches where effort is lacking, you just choose to harp on Krejci for it.

you also make the error of assuming that because he doesnt wear his emotions on his sleeve, he isnt involved or trying.

Effort doesnt require making gritty faces or having outbursts

I harp on DK for his lack of effort at times because of the money he makes and his importance to the team. You don't see me in here pissing and moaning that Acciari's effort sucks when it does because it doesn't really matter. As the team's highest paid player, he's expected to deliver, whether you think that's fair or not. There are high expectations on him. When he's engaged, the team rolls. When he isn't, the team struggles.

And again, I'm not talking about the usual mid season doldrums or slump because of the grind. I'm talking about sub par play. Peeling off early instead of pursuing the puck. Taking shortcuts, curling off early when entering the offensive zone, not hustling back on d, not skating hard on transitional plays, not finishing checks, avoiding taking hits to make a play, etc. The kinds of plays that show up as effort plays. Not just having a bad night or two.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Watch the games??? Wish I thought of that earlier. Just because he goes a night without points and isn't blowing his stack and spitting nails doesn't mean he doesn't care. Last I checked he can put up a goal and an assist and still look exactly the same he did on that pointless night.

during intermission he should sneak outside and rub some dirt on his jersey...that always seems to do the trick

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
to be fair, he did put up 10 in 12 in last year's playoffs. Good for 4th highest forward on the team behind only the top line

Take out the point totals and answer this question: Did you think DK looked good in last year's playoffs?

Simple question, and really what's at the heart of why we can't honestly discuss this guy.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
during intermission he should sneak outside and rub some dirt on his jersey...that always seems to do the trick

Don't need him to be a dirt dog. Just need him to move his legs and be engaged. Like he's been the last few games. That version of DK is more than welcome. The guy standing around watching the plays that we had to start the season? Not so much.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Take out the point totals and answer this question: Did you think DK looked good in last year's playoffs?

Simple question, and really what's at the heart of why we can't honestly discuss this guy.

I am not sure anyone looked good that wasn't on the first line other than maybe JDB who had DK to play with.

Our worst player in the playoffs last year to me had a stat line that had him in line for the Conn Smythe DK was a little underwhelming but he wasn't that bad.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I am not sure anyone looked good that wasn't on the first line other than maybe JDB who had DK to play with.

Our worst player in the playoffs last year to me had a stat line that had him in line for the Conn Smythe DK was a little underwhelming but he wasn't that bad.

Come on. What a cop out of an answer. I'm not asking about anyone else on the team. I'm asking about DK. Did he look good in the games during the playoffs last season? Yes or no? No qualifying statements needed. No commentary on the rest of the team. Just about his overall level of play during the entire body of work. Good or not good?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Come on. What a cop out of an answer. I'm not asking about anyone else on the team. I'm asking about DK. Did he look good in the games during the playoffs last season? Yes or no? No qualifying statements needed. No commentary on the rest of the team. Just about his overall level of play during the entire body of work. Good or not good?

Its not like I wanted him in the press box ala Backes. Gonna go with he was a little underwhelming but fine. And as posted earlier hes doing his job I just want one more vintage 2013 esque playoff run from him.

Giving him a little bit of a break for Rick Nash being concussed and looking terrible last playoffs. The organization stepped up and got him a winger who is headed for the HOF still close to his prime even if past it a bit and he got dinged and wasn't the same and is still on the shelf. That is like Bergy losing Marchand or Pasternak.

Reactions: LSCII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just checked in with my Analytics coordinator and Krejci crushing it.

Perfect second fiddle to Bergeron

Reactions: LSCII

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I think he looks a lot better this season so far than he did at the start of last season, probably because he was dealing with back issues.
I do too. No dogging it on some shifts. No lazy plays. Playing hard on defense. The things that I have been critical of him for in past years are nowhere to be seen this season. Been impressed with him so far. That line at some point absolutely has to produce points, but right now it's not a lack of good chances that's holding things back. He and Jake are working well together. Heinen needs to shoot more and Jake is snakebit. Both of those issues will likely resolve themselves. I can easily see the second line becoming regular contributors on the scoreboard if Heinen is able to get things going offensively again.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Other than his health / hip stuff I've never been concerned about Krejci. I'm liking Heinen and Debrusk to his side. Love Debrusk!!! Now give them a chance to gel..

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

I thought he was awesome against Toronto

Reactions: Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad