Player Discussion David Krejci. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
When he was on the ice at even strength they had 14 shot attempts for and 8 against. not sure how that happens when your line can't maintain possession.

I can only speak for myself.....

After re-watching the game, I realized the 14 shot attempts for happened while I was getting a beer from the fridge or using the bathroom. I was in front of the TV for the 8 against.

Re-watching it gave me a whole different perspective from the first time I watched it.

On another note, this thread has been the most entertaining thing ever on HF

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Haven’t watched game yet going to in 5 minutes - going to watch every shift maybe multiple times on Krejci and Vaakanainen

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Krejci scores 60 odd points with prime Lucic and Horton

Krejci scores 50 odd points with rookie DeBrusk and mostly Ryan "12 minutes a night on the Rangers" Spooner.

He has always been a "slow it down and find a good shot for the other guys" player. It blows my mind that people don't think he would score an extra 10 points with an actual top 6 RW.

Reactions: BMC

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
or just stick with Heinen who was awesome last night.

Can I agree I like Heinen but also say that Krejci+Heinen sure seem to cycle around the perimeter of the offensive zone? I'm sure they are frustrating to play against, but I don't know if DeBrusk can handle all the pressure of driving to the net alone.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
It's remarkable that he garners points even if he's not really dominating games. I dunno what to say about it anymore. I guess I'm grateful for the stability he brings?

Reactions: Chief Nine and BMC

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I blame PC and his overeagerness to throw out NMC's more than anything.

Hell, if I were Krejci and i was offered that 7 mil, I KNOW that I would have absolutely not only taken it, but also ran out the door laughing maniacally and shaking my fists in the air like an asshole....

But without krejci, given the way the bottom 6 Center Issues are going right now, I'd say it's nice to have some Center stability in the top 6 at least.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
8 points in 9 games despite being given the rotation of no show kids Donato, Heinen, Debrusk and Bjork...yet most here can only ***** about him.

Pretty telling

Yeah, this is false.

DeBrusk has been good since Game 1, just snakebit with 4/5 posts. Heinen has been good the last two games and this line would have been fine if Cassidy had just left them together to begin with. Bjork has looked pretty good also, Donato has been the only real no show.

Krejci has been very good the last few games, which is in stark contrast to what he did the first few games. He makes that line go when he’s on his game. He needs to stay engaged and the kids will follow his lead.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
How do people miss the main point that most of the posters critical of DK have been making? It's not that he sucks and that he's bad at hockey. It's that he's a different player when he's engaged and giving a full effort compared to the guy that sleepwalks through nights, games, and weeks at a time. This is all I want from DK. He brings it with an honest effort most nights, and this team is going to be in great shape. He disappears for a long stretch and this team is going to struggle.

Not a very hard concept to understand.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
How do people miss the main point that most of the posters critical of DK have been making? It's not that he sucks and that he's bad at hockey. It's that he's a different player when he's engaged and giving a full effort compared to the guy that sleepwalks through nights, games, and weeks at a time. This is all I want from DK. He brings it with an honest effort most nights, and this team is going to be in great shape. He disappears for a long stretch and this team is going to struggle.

Not a very hard concept to understand.

because you ignore that every single player in the league has stretches where effort is lacking, you just choose to harp on Krejci for it.

you also make the error of assuming that because he doesnt wear his emotions on his sleeve, he isnt involved or trying.

Effort doesnt require making gritty faces or having outbursts

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Krejci is a very skilled player and we are probably looking at most 3 more years before Studnicka, JFK, or Frederic occupy that spot.

The potential with DeBrusk and Heinen is there for a very good line.

Reactions: BaBaBruins

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
because you ignore that every single player in the league has stretches where effort is lacking, you just choose to harp on Krejci for it.

you also make the error of assuming that because he doesnt wear his emotions on his sleeve, he isnt involved or trying.

I don't care about other players on other teams. I'm talking about Krejci, and it's not lulls you have at random times because it's a grind of a long season. And if you're being remotely honest with yourself, you know the dynamic I'm talking of here. Those LONG stretches where he clearly doesn't give a shit. If he can even those out, this team will be a powerhouse. This is one of the problems discussing this player here though. The pro DK side can't even admit what everyone in the world sees if they watch him on a regular basis.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I don't care about other players on other teams. I'm talking about Krejci, and it's not lulls you have at random times because it's a grind of a long season. And if you're being remotely honest with yourself, you know the dynamic I'm talking of here. Those LONG stretches where he clearly doesn't give a ****. If he can even those out, this team will be a powerhouse. This is one of the problems discussing this player here though. The pro DK side can't even admit what everyone in the world sees if they watch him on a regular basis.
The problem or convenience of this point is there is no way to prove or disprove it.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA

Krejci is such a smart player. He's almost always in the right position to make a play defensively. You don't see him scrambling to get back because he's so good at reading the play that he's a step ahead most of the time. Very cerebral player. People don't seem to appreciate these players the same as the 'heart and soul' players who have to visibly bust their ass every shift to stay in the league.

Honestly the most valid criticism of Krejci is his inability to stay healthy. He almost always produces when in the lineup. Not at the #1 center production rate he is getting paid but as an elite #2 center which is the role the coach is playing him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad