David Desharnais said on RDS they will disturb Lundqvist in Game 2

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Hell, I like Talbot vs. Budaj more than Lundqvist vs. Price :laugh:

But nah, nothing will come of this. I don't see them making dirty plays, just trying to get more in his face. Clear the crease cleanly, get some PPs out of the fuss, win game 2 at the Bell and really get in their heads.

This game could decide the series tbh.
Did you see Prust in the 3rd?

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
You really don't know how much their fanbase is hated up here. They are NOT Canada's team.

Several years ago Calgary's and Edmonton's runs to the finals had more of a Canada's team vibe.

Yeah except it killed psuedo Montreal hockey royalty to see Flames Oilers in Finals (Something they havent done in the last decade) so naturally they cheered for Tampa and Carolina. :laugh:

Only people cheering for Habs are old people born 50s/60s when there were no other teams and the French.

I badly want NYR to win and everyone I know here is of the same mindset.

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
Da hairnet talking like a tough guy. Hope it works out for him. Between this remark and PK's comments after the Bruins series, you get the feeling that Habs players don't handle the media too well.

Wolfy*

Hell there's almost a war between USA and Canada :laugh:

Rangers better be prepared, I believe the Habs are planning something against Kreider and Hank tomorrow.

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
Hell there's almost a war between USA and Canada :laugh:

Rangers better be prepared, I believe the Habs are planning something against Kreider and Hank tomorrow.

To say the least. Perhaps dressing Carcillo might be a good idea. At this point, though, the question becomes whether we "attack" preemptively or play our game until those punks try something.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
wouldn't threatening another player be akin to Moore/Bertuzzi? I guess there are no rules it but if anything were to actually happen, it begins to sound a lot like premeditated assault and battery. Maybe we should call Desharnais "Tonya Harding"

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Milbury advocating revenge on Hank during the intermission just now. He mistakenly said Price, but it was clear what he meant. Wonderful.

Maybe Milbury will give the Habs advice on how to pummel Hank with a shoe........

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Maybe Milbury will give the Habs advice on how to pummel Hank with a shoe........

I heard about the brawl, I heard Milbury was in a serious brawl, but never knew they were the exact same incident! And that guy is now on NBC? Wow.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
:sarcasm:

Attachments

• shoe.jpg
    shoe.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 9

Wolfy*

Maybe if Prust really steps out of line one of our Rangers can fix his underbite for him.

Prust should put his lipstick on and shut the **** up. That sissy should start playing hockey instead of all this whining. He's worse than Crosby.

DuaneHewitt

Apr 10, 2007
NJ/Andover MN
i would think that since the canadiens are the yankees of hockey, anyone who is not a habs fan would probably despise them and want them to lose.

the yankees had mets fans rooting for philly in the world series a few years ago. NY rooting for philadelphia against a new york team. let that sink in.

i'm pretty sure anyone in toronto isn't feeling all warm and fuzzy about the habs being the only canadian team left in the playoffs.

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
I don't know. There are a lot of strange Canadians out there who are rooting for the Habs just because they are the only Canadian team in it. I honestly can't understand it.

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
I don't know. There are a lot of strange Canadians out there who are rooting for the Habs just because they are the only Canadian team in it. I honestly can't understand it.

It's the "us against them" mentality. Fits nicely with Don Cherry's athletic nationalism.

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario
You really don't know how much their fanbase is hated up here. They are NOT Canada's team.

Several years ago Calgary's and Edmonton's runs to the finals had more of a Canada's team vibe.

Uhmmm, I really do, especially since I'm in Ontario. and was a season ticket holder for their (Canadiens) farm team in Hamilton for 6/ 7 years a while back.

As for the Canada's team thing, that's a farce, their is no such thing as Canada's team. It's a saying some people like to use. Are the Dallas Cowboys really America's team? Hardly.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
If pacioretty went into king henrik like Kreider did with Price and got no penalty would no one question whether or not it was intentional? Really??????

He was tripped, watch it again. If you don't think that someone's stick in a skate can't completely knock someone off balance or change their trajectory while going that fast, you've NEVER played hockey before and don't know basic physics.

I hope they do try taking out Lundqvist instead of actually trying to win. Solid strategy.

Me too, I'd love to see smurfette and her band of merry misfits try to make Lundqvist's life hell.

There's a reason this thread got closed so quickly. Everyone except a pretty small bunch of Habs fans says it was a totally accidental play. Even Therrien said it was accidental, so he isn't even trying to for the frequent coaching strategy of complaining about a non-call in order to maybe buy one for later in the series.

The rest of the hockey world is paying this situation very little mind, no reason to keep the story going ourselves.

Therrien said it was accidental, but in the tone of the interview that I just watched on NHL network, he was subtly trying to say that it was intentional. He kept saying that he could have done more to avoid him. How so? He got tripped. Therrien should shut the **** up and be thankful that it wasn't a penalty and that an 8th and largely more embarrassing goal was scored on them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad