David Desharnais said on RDS they will disturb Lundqvist in Game 2

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I have more of a problem with Prust saying it was intentional. Dude is a scrub offensively and wouldn't know a damn thing about being tripped on a breakaway because he probably hasn't been on one since he was playing in bantam.

Dude is a moron with a big mouth. He was an idiot during the lockout and he's an even bigger idiot now.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Clearly not a trip:

Screen_Shot_2014_05_18_at_10_42_19_AM.png

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I wish I could stick my head in my ass and pretend to know what I'm talking about like Brandon Prust.

He must have pulled a Marilyn Manson to make that happen.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I wish I could stick my head in my ass and pretend to know what I'm talking about like Brandon Prust.

He must have pulled a Marilyn Manson to make that happen.

:laugh:

That was really funny when they played the Senators last year. What'd he call the coach, a 'bug-eyed walrus'? LOL.

MadHookUp

Jul 24, 2005
Like someone else already mentioned, Prust was the first person on the scene and did absolutely nothing along with everyone else on the ice. No one thought it was intentional, and I still feel it should have at least been a tripping penalty. If you look at the replay watch the wobble in his knee and ankle after the contact with the stick. His whole right leg is shaking. On top of that, look at this picture with the stick shaped like a banana due to the force of the slash.

No one in their right mind thinks this was intentional. As well as the entire Montreal team. They are just building this whole thing up in an effort to light a fire under their *****. Its a motivational ploy, nothing else.

Edit: Watch right at the 1:15 mark and pay close attention to that leg.

Last edited:

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
I have really grown to like Zucc a TON but that gif is the perfect example of how his "toughness" is overrated. He has free reign to do stuff like that because he knows there is a 0% chance Parros is going to fight him. From Parros' perspective there is no point...either he destroys Zucc and looks like a bully, or Zucc manages to flip him over or something quick and he gets embarrassed.

I'm not saying Zucc isn't tough at all - he definitely is, most importantly in how he throws his weight around and goes into the corners with reckless abandon. But lets not pretend like he actually really scares anyone, or more outrageously could get a guy like Parros to back down if Parros really wanted retribution.

Eh 20 pounds and 4 inches isn't really **** if someone wanted to start ****. Sure in a generic goon hockey fight Zucc would get destroyed, but the generic sissy player doesn't want any of him. Dude plays hard as hell and isn't exactly "light" in any sense of the word.

But yes in the odd case that a team actually plays someone like Paros late in the playoffs obviously he isn't going to fight him or win. But the random forward trying to stir **** up? Zucc is plenty tough enough for those situations.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
And of course I heard no one during the game, during the intermission (Milbury and Jones) of today's game, and analysts mentioning how Kreider was tripped on that play and thats why he fell awkwardly. I mean if a guy is going that fast and is leg gets tripped up like that he is going to fall hard, its hard to stop and change direction quickly to avoid a goalie when you're off balance at that speed.

I respect and still love Prust, but c'mon man he is reaching big time with his accusations. His team was embarrassed and he is trying to change the focus and attention to something else.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
You're a young kid, I'm guessing. You probably don't know much about hockey outside NYR. At least that's how it seems from your posts. I've known about Prust since he first came into the league and pound for pound he's one of the best fighters in the league. The players aren't terrified but he can take runs at people and nobody is going to do anything about it unless Carcillo is dressed. Dorsett can try but he'll get pummeled. I hope he still likes Hank because if this thread is correct it will be Prust or Weise "crashing the net".

Hank and Prust are actually good friends outside the rink. Swedish media reported that Prust came over to Rangers locker room after game 1 and they had a friendly chat.

Guess Kreider going skate first into Anderson and Fleury and injuring them was also accidental, not reckless at all? Cool story bro.

You realise no call was made on either of those plays. You guys and your media is trying to start something that isnt there.

Gotta love the Norwegians that have inhabited the board since Zuccs came in to the fold. Love being able to talk to people from across the globe :laugh:

Wonder where Zuccs Italian fans are :laugh:

Clearly not a trip:

Screen_Shot_2014_05_18_at_10_42_19_AM.png

Nah bro, Emelin barely touched Kreider :shakehead

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Kreider did nothing wrong.

However, if it was Hank that took that hit, a lot of the regular posters here would be squealing, too.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Kreider did nothing wrong.

However, if it was Hank that took that hit, a lot of the regular posters here would be squealing, too.

I squeal more about some of the ridiculous running into the goalie penalties they're handing out.

If Hank took the hit, it's fine, Kreider was going full speed what did Montreal want him to do bunny hop from his rectum. It's Pejorative Slured they're even whining about it. Then again that's all they did in the Boston series, but I guess it worked for them.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
The fact is that if Kreider really wanted to injure Price by running him, Price would have been taken out on a stretcher. It's just stupid to even think a kid like Kreider would risk getting ejected and even suspended by internationally doing that.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
If Girardi tripped someone into Hank, people would be calling for G's head.

I also love the fact that Brassard was injured on a 100% intentional play, and nobody outside HFNYR cares, lol.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Seems to me that the Habs are looking for something to get them up. The Bruins offered plenty of fodder for them. The Rangers need to remain even keel.

tbonenc*

Let's hope the Habs are focused on running Kreids or Hank. That will play perfectly into the Rangers hands.

BTW, not that I would want Kreids to go with Prust, but I'm pretty sure the kid would handle himself just fine.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Seems to me that the Habs are looking for something to get them up. The Bruins offered plenty of fodder for them. The Rangers need to remain even keel.

They seemed to enjoy playing the "no respect" card vs. Boston. Its a slippery slope bringing that mentality round to round. You start looking for excuses and/or perceived slights, like this crap with Kreider/Price.

If Im associated with Montreal, Im not thinking about that collision in the least. Im thinking about playing a game where my team doesn't embarrass itself again.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
If Girardi tripped someone into Hank, people would be calling for G's head.

I also love the fact that Brassard was injured on a 100% intentional play, and nobody outside HFNYR cares, lol.

Look how long it took Eddie O and Pierre to figure out Brassard was hurt. The hit was clean but it was no doubt a late one. If that was Torres or Cooke making that hit, there would be a lot more discussion on it

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
They seemed to enjoy playing the "no respect" card vs. Boston. Its a slippery slope bringing that mentality round to round. You start looking for excuses and/or perceived slights, like this crap with Kreider/Price.

If Im associated with Montreal, Im not thinking about that collision in the least. Im thinking about playing a game where my team doesn't embarrass itself again.

They didn't seem too, they brought boxes of Kleenex to their interviews, they were full fledged crying about disrespect.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Absolutely ridiculous that Kreider is getting any guff over this.

I get that Montreal is upset, and trying to rally around it. But I would love for someone to explain what Kreider should have done after getting his right leg slashed to lessen the impact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad