David Desharnais said on RDS they will disturb Lundqvist in Game 2

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
I have really grown to like Zucc a TON but that gif is the perfect example of how his "toughness" is overrated. He has free reign to do stuff like that because he knows there is a 0% chance Parros is going to fight him. From Parros' perspective there is no point...either he destroys Zucc and looks like a bully, or Zucc manages to flip him over or something quick and he gets embarrassed.

I'm not saying Zucc isn't tough at all - he definitely is, most importantly in how he throws his weight around and goes into the corners with reckless abandon. But lets not pretend like he actually really scares anyone, or more outrageously could get a guy like Parros to back down if Parros really wanted retribution.

Parros tried to intimidate him. Zuccarello called the bluff. Yeah, nothing was going to happen but that doesn't stop 6'+, 200lb+ nhlers from breaking waaaaay before the ref stepped in. Easy from our computers to say mza was free from danger.

Can't believe this thread got so long. Also can't believe the habs are stirring the pot on this again. Just trying to generate chalkboard material. "Didn't do enough to avoid contact" while sliding at 20mph 10 feet out. Sure. Prust failed at sending the message last game, the habs are drawing way too much attention to any possible retaliation on kreider or lundqvist, and our pp may just be the ultimate deterant to any cheap stuff if we can keep it up. Or we can just go up 2-0 while Canada's darlings dwell on a collision during a hockey game.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
The last thing I would want to see is Henrik being rested. This situation is not about the Rangers, it is about the Canadiens.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
To me, the biggest tell that the habs didn't really feel Kreider tried running Price on pourpus is that nobody went after him right when it happened. If the players right there in the situation thought that they, would have gone after him right away, even with Price in some pain on the ice.

There is no way Krieder did it on pourpus. There simply isn't any way to launch yourself into the goalie that way from that distance unless you loose an edge. As pointet out, the Stamkos injury is a good example of why going feet first into the goal is a really bad idea in the first place. Not only do you have the risk of breaking your legs, but you run the risk of getting some nasty cuts from the goalies skates too. We have all seen what the sharp blade of a skate can do.

Wolfy*

To me, the biggest tell that the habs didn't really feel Kreider tried running Price on pourpus is that nobody went after him right when it happened. If the players right there in the situation thought that they, would have gone after him right away, even with Price in some pain on the ice.

There is no way Krieder did it on pourpus. There simply isn't any way to launch yourself into the goalie that way from that distance unless you loose an edge. As pointet out, the Stamkos injury is a good example of why going feet first into the goal is a really bad idea in the first place. Not only do you have the risk of breaking your legs, but you run the risk of getting some nasty cuts from the goalies skates too. We have all seen what the sharp blade of a skate can do.

purpose...today's English lesson, but you're doing fine ;)

Yes, those blades are nasty. I remember a goalie who got his throat sliced, what a mess.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Parros tried to intimidate him. Zuccarello called the bluff. Yeah, nothing was going to happen but that doesn't stop 6'+, 200lb+ nhlers from breaking waaaaay before the ref stepped in. Easy from our computers to say mza was free from danger.

Can't believe this thread got so long. Also can't believe the habs are stirring the pot on this again. Just trying to generate chalkboard material. "Didn't do enough to avoid contact" while sliding at 20mph 10 feet out. Sure. Prust failed at sending the message last game, the habs are drawing way too much attention to any possible retaliation on kreider or lundqvist, and our pp may just be the ultimate deterant to any cheap stuff if we can keep it up. Or we can just go up 2-0 while Canada's darlings dwell on a collision during a hockey game.

If anyone genuinely suggestes that a small NHL ref that goes between two players is in any position to stop Parros from going postal if he so wishes, does not know the power of testosterone.

There is always danger that giving someone a facewash or talking **** to them during a match is going to net you a fist to the face, its the risk you take for standing up for yourself

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
purpose...today's English lesson, but you're doing fine ;)

Yes, those blades are nasty. I remember a goalie who got his throat sliced, what a mess.

Gotta love the Norwegians that have inhabited the board since Zuccs came in to the fold. Love being able to talk to people from across the globe :laugh:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Milbury advocating revenge on Hank during the intermission just now. He mistakenly said Price, but it was clear what he meant. Wonderful.

What do you expect?

Its not so much about "revenge" on Hank, but the Habs should be under a mandate to attack the net anyway. This is the playoffs, and they are embarrassed. Rangers must defend it.

sark76

Oct 9, 2011
Pripyat Marshes
I'd all but guarantee that because of all this nonsense and a few Canadian's comments BOTH goalies are going to be extremely well protected by the officials for the rest of the series.

NYRCSKA*

When I played hockey in college, the hardest hitter in our conference was 5'7". He worked out by doing MMA. I guarantee you he could have wiped the floor with all of us. John Scott got KO'd by a guy who was 5'10. fighting has nothing to do with size. fighting is an art.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
When I played hockey in college, the hardest hitter in our conference was 5'7". He worked out by doing MMA. I guarantee you he could have wiped the floor with all of us. John Scott got KO'd by a guy who was 5'10. fighting has nothing to do with size. fighting is an art.

you're only half right...
you can't underestimate a smaller guy, because they can still kick @ss...
however there is a reason for weight classes...
you ever hear the expression "bet the weight"?

it depends upon the person, however a size/strength matter quite alot...

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
All of Canada except Montreal hates the Habs. These types of comments do not surprise me.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

John Scott is not really a skilled fighter. He's very good at what he does but it's really hard to beat a guy like that because he has a real long reach--tries to grab hold of his opponent and keep him at arm's length while punching him with his free hand. There's nothing particularly artful about it but he hits very hard. A lot of fights are like that. Smaller guys sometimes if they can get inside the reach can win the fight or at least not lose it.

Brandon Prust by the way is not that big but is a very, very good technical fighter. Tie Domi was not a big guy and a great fighter. Domi wasn't technically the greatest but he could take a punch and could switch hands and throw with power from left or right. George McPhee was another like that.

One of the best hockey fighters was an even smaller guy--Rick Rypien. That guy was a buzz saw. He had a number of fights with Prust when Brandon played for the Flames. Prust ain't big but Rypien was quite a bit smaller--Rypien beat the crap out of Prust 2 out of 3 and the other was a draw. He also had some great ones with Cam Janssen. Rypien always fought above weight. Those are some of the best hockey fights I've ever seen.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Haha check out the pic of Kreider on the rangers site right now.

Maybe he is an evil genius after all.

evilkreider.jpg

darko

Feb 16, 2009

That depends. You get big guys that have no idea how to fight. Then again if you run into a guy who has 5-10 inch reach advantage on you and knows how to use his size, good luck.

Wolfy*

One of the best hockey fighters was an even smaller guy--Rick Rypien. That guy was a buzz saw. He had a number of fights with Prust when Brandon played for the Flames. Prust ain't big but Rypien was quite a bit smaller--Rypien beat the crap out of Prust 2 out of 3 and the other was a draw. He also had some great ones with Cam Janssen. Rypien always fought above weight. Those are some of the best hockey fights I've ever seen.

He was one of the toughest, but had mental problems, and committed suicide in 2011. Sad story :(

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
I'd all but guarantee that because of all this nonsense and a few Canadian's comments BOTH goalies are going to be extremely well protected by the officials for the rest of the series.

Which will likely lead to some bs powerplays and overturned good goals.

Can't wait.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Hell, I like Talbot vs. Budaj more than Lundqvist vs. Price :laugh:

But nah, nothing will come of this. I don't see them making dirty plays, just trying to get more in his face. Clear the crease cleanly, get some PPs out of the fuss, win game 2 at the Bell and really get in their heads.

This game could decide the series tbh.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Need to know how many times this season has Kreider got goalie interference penalties?

I am fighting the good fight.

They will whine you guys to death,

PS Some Montrealers(me) Hate the Habs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad