David Desharnais part X - Together We Rise, Together We Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I don't understand why some are dead set on DD not playing wing.

Personally, I'd rather see him moved, but for the time being I don't see why he couldn't be tried on Eller's left wing when he returns. At least until MB finds a trade partner.
Right now that looks like its going to be his only choice anyway.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's funny because Normand Flynn last week squirmed at the idea of separating Patches and DD. He even suggested that MB go and trade for a RW after Tony told Normand that MT tried every RW with Patches and DD.

Flynn's tough to listen to. Can't be coherent for 2 cents. When he's not contradicting himself, his thoughts fly out on a tangent of irrationality.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Man that Flynn segment on Marinaro :laugh:

Basically says if DD doesn't play with Patch on the top line, he's not an NHL player.

In other words, Pacioretty got this guy a $14m.

In other words, exactly what 90% of us have been saying for years

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
;) I think most of us are reasonable enough to agree playing Desharnais 12-15 min on Eller's wing is worth a shot. The pitchforks were out because of Therrien stubbornly building our top-six around the little guy.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
;) I think most of us are reasonable enough to agree playing Desharnais 12-15 min on Eller's wing is worth a shot. The pitchforks were out because of Therrien stubbornly building our top-six around the little guy.

That's for sure. Desharnais isn't a bad hockey player, he's just not a #1 Center. I wouldn't even mind him as our #2 Center but Plekanec is going no where.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Can we at least all agree that DD should not see the ice anymore on the PP

I had this discussion with someone yesterday. While I agree, doing so will basically be an acknowledgement that DD no longer had any significant role on the club. I just don't see MT doing that. Taking him away from the 1st line AND PP duties is the coach officially sealing his fate.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Last week Normand Flynn was defending Desharnais' place in the lineup, this week he says that the only reason he's with this team is because Pacioretty got him that contract.

Ouch.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
Last week Normand Flynn was defending Desharnais' place in the lineup, this week he says that the only reason he's with this team is because Pacioretty got him that contract.

Ouch.

Yeah, that's really weird. I just couldn't believe what he said today with Marinaro. Oh how things can quickly change in Montreal ;)

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal

Ouch.

The weirdest part is that it took him this long to realize this.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The weirdest part is that it took him this long to realize this.

I think he summed it up pretty well in the end:

"Desharnais is a good passer, he can make a sniper look good and the sniper makes him look good too."

I've always thought that Desharnais wasn't that good of a playmaker, but his passing skills were undeniable. Just like Gomez was in his prime. He's good at finding the goal scorer, but he doesn't necessarily set him up and open room for his line.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I had this discussion with someone yesterday. While I agree, doing so will basically be an acknowledgement that DD no longer had any significant role on the club. I just don't see MT doing that. Taking him away from the 1st line AND PP duties is the coach officially sealing his fate.

Exactly. People panic, with good reasons, about what was DD prefential treatment. And now, just like that, they want Therrien to go from that to acknoledgement that he just shouldn't play on this team anymore? I mean, at one point, let's calm down a bit. I think that he deserves to be put in another role to see how great he does....at least this year. Yes, with Lehkonen, Reway, Hudon, Ghetto and Co coming or soon to come, he won't have a spot long term. But this year, while he should NOT be the first option on the PP, I have nothing against make him play "some" PP#2. 'Cause the day he doesn't play PP, since he doesn't play PK, well everybody in this team at the very least has some kind of usage on special teams. The day you think that a play doesn't deserve a spot in there, is either recognizing he's just a 4th line plugger....or just not good enough period. And in both cases, it's recognizing that you need to get rid of DD. Therrien isn't there yet.....I'm not there yet either. I want to see what he could do on a 3rd line at C. And then, I want to see what he could while being moved to the wings. And then we'll talk about him leaving. It will come....but not yet.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
DD is at his best when he has someone wrong to prove. Get your feed moving bud and improve that trade value if MT isn't willing to put you on the wing.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Normand Flynn says there's no market for Desharnais.. "Maybe" Florida

Tony Marinaro ‏@TonyMarinaro 26m26 minutes ago
NormandFlynn: ''If Galchenyuk keeps this up once Eller returns theres no more room 4Desharnais. No market but maybe Florida would want him''

ALEKSANDER BARKOV 6'3" 215 lbs
NICK BJUGSTAD 6'6" 220 lbs.
DAVE BOLLAND 6'0" 185 lbs

Why would Dale Tallon want little Davey, exactly??

I wish he was an actual insider but this is just wishful thinking. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad