David Desharnais part X - Together We Rise, Together We Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I heard someone say we should try Sekac on first line to jumpstart the duo. I think this line of thinking was taboo 2 weeks ago.

That being said Galchenyuk is the future at C. There's no real gain in flip flopping the centers until Eller comes back and forces them to make a choice.

It's a tryout on first line and a tryout for DD too. We'll see how it ends up.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
point is, you think MB wouldnt sign a local for the sake of signing a local... yet he gave 4M$ to bought-up Briere.

it's common sense, if it was requirement to learn a language to get the promotion you want... would you wait till you get said promotion to start learning or you'll take time to learn merci, bonjour, comment ca va, etc ?? (or another language) besides, the promise was made by the Gionta, Gomez and co during Gainey shopping spree a few years ago... still waiting for them to say a few words in french ;) naive.

You may be joking which I hope you are? because if not this is the sort of mentality that would keep me far away from Montreal if I were a player, or coach, or trainer, or water boy, or janitor, or a homeless man

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
I will not go as far as implying you are a moron, but you good sir may have been watching a different hockey game then us? I thought the first line was invisible all night .

Don't get me wrong I like the line or perhaps lines and time will only tell how well they all work and come together. So far so good though :)

oh I never said that I want to broke the line but tonight they looked awfull, I find it funny how the fans compare Galchenyuk to Datsyuk on the trade chanel and call him our number 1 center after only 1 game.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
I was at the last 2 home games and have to say that Desharnais is playing way better on the 3rd line than on the 1st line like he used to. Being in charge of his line allows him to focus on other players instead of always looking for Paccioretty. He made a couple of great passes today and I was glad to see him score a pretty goal ... hence ending his infamous streak of X number of games without a 5 vs 5 goal.

Yes, his line still has difficulties playing in their own zone but at least they're able to create some offensive opportunities. Less pressure on Desharnais makes him play better.

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
oh I never said that I want to broke the line but tonight they looked awfull, I find it funny how the fans compare Galchenyuk to Datsyuk on the trade chanel and call him our number 1 center after only 1 game.

Galchenyuk's no St.Louis either. :sarcasm:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I'm just saying that salary shouldn't be an issue that makes us move them. Plus if there are better and cheaper 3rd liners around the league, you'll need to give up assets to get them.

Weird. That's a lot different than suggesting that they're the best/cheapest 3rd line options to be found league-wide... which you did. I mean, you'll notice that I already said, in response to your post, that if it fits on our team and works, why mess with it? Why even bring up what it would possibly take to make some kind of swap actually happen?

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Those are two awful, awful comparisons. Both teams have two of the Top-10 players in the league in their Top-6.

They also happen to be the first two teams listed on capgeek if you were to go and do a little looking yourself. If you keep looking and don't find any other examples of "better" 3rd lines, maybe even some under $10 million, then come on back and tell us about it. It will be a surprise to me.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Hats off to DD for not sulking and taking the line change as a challenge to raise his game which he definitely has, looking more like first couple of years in the league

As for dumping on the 1st line I don't get it, yeah would've been nice if they each had a hatty by now but it'll take some time, Alex doesn't only have to learn how to play with Pacs but he has to learn how to play C in the NHL but he has been great on the face-offs and very good on the other side of the puck against a couple of very good match ups in Vancouver and LA and up next Staal & Getzlaf

Habs are winning so great time to get him the exposure

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You may be joking which I hope you are? because if not this is the sort of mentality that would keep me far away from Montreal if I were a player, or coach, or trainer, or water boy, or janitor, or a homeless man

so, what you're saying is, if the requirement for a promotion you want requires you to be bilingual, you wouldnt learn a second language...

if that's the way you think, Montreal is very happy not to have you as one of it's citizen, in the unfortunate event that you're one of it's citizen, Montreal prays you plan on moving soon...

sure, I'll make the effort, but only if you promote me first! :handclap:

well, sorry Kirk, but Montreal doesnt owe you anything...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You suggest there are two choices: "Great" or "Awful" and that's difficult to understand :) Two extremes.

Habs beat the SC Champs, Galchenyuk was good, and his line too. Strong presence. Good game.

actually, he's 100% right about who would think they were awful :naughty:

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
so, what you're saying is, if the requirement for a promotion you want requires you to be bilingual, you wouldnt learn a second language...

if that's the way you think, Montreal is very happy not to have you as one of it's citizen, in the unfortunate event that you're one of it's citizen, Montreal prays you plan on moving soon...

sure, I'll make the effort, but only if you promote me first! :handclap:

well, sorry Kirk, but Montreal doesnt owe you anything...

Requirement why? Because you say so? Many people watch hockey because they enjoy the game not because of what comes out of players mouths.

Telling people to speak the language or GTFO is xenophobic to the max and then you wonder why players don't want to sign here? It would be much more beautiful if you could show people the beauty of the language instead of constantly forcing it down people's throats. If this is what we have to live with then fine but realize that it IS a handicap.

Well off to work...have a good day kids.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Requirement why? Because you say so? Many people watch hockey because they enjoy the game not because of what comes out of players mouths.

Telling people to speak the language or GTFO is xenophobic to the max and then you wonder why players don't want to sign here? It would be much more beautiful if you could show people the beauty of the language instead of constantly forcing it down people's throats. If this is what we have to live with then fine but realize that it IS a handicap.

Well off to work...have a good day kids.

ask Molson if you want to know why, and at the end of the day it doesnt matter much...

I mean, dream job is offered to you, you have all the requirements except one (whatever that is), you start working on what's missing in your resume or you just wait hoping "they" change their mind ??

if that's what you think I meant, I suggest you re-read, it was damn clear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad