Dave Tippett and Coyotes agree on 5 year extension.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So Tippett is willing to stay in Glendale with actual ownership but not under league control. He may also be willing to go to Seattle, but probably not Quebec.

It's good news, but it's pretty much what we all suspected all along.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Well that qualifier stings a bit but still good news! Well at least for Coyote nation this counts as good news. I mean c'mon who are we to expect FULL ON good news?!?! That's just asking for way too much.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Doug and wolf just said that Tippett has agreed to a new contract pending the sale of the team! Bittersweet news!

Why now? His contracts expires in a few weeks, why not just wait it out until then. UNLESS he has some inside info that we don't.

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
I read this and can't help thinking "so what?"

I don't think there was ever a question that he WANTS to stay here, or that he wasn't going to get a decent deal to stay. It all hinges upon the sale of the team, which is as it has always been.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
This is tangibly good news. I don't think Tippett would have bothered to negotiate a deal if he didn't think some kind of resolution were imminent.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
The thing that sticks out to me is the fact that by doing this, hes has essentially taken himself off the market. He basically has a deal in principle, they are just waiting to put a signature on the paper. That tells me right there that he has more faith than not that the Coyotes are staying. He obviously knows more than us and the media, so I think this is encouraging.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
"@RealKyper: #Coyotes contract offer to Dave Tippett pending sale of the team, believed 2 be similar to #Rangers agreement with Alain Vigneault. 5yr 10M"

"@azc_mclellan: Tippett and Maloney have had good conversations in recent days, but they weren't far off on a deal a few weeks ago. Not much is new."

Last edited:

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
I know a lot of us thought the same thing after Doan signed, only to be disappointed. So I'm still under the assumption that if it happens, it happens...but until there is a presser of Bettman handing over the keys, it's not happening.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Reports indicate that Dallas will hire Lindy Ruff as coach. If that happens, and if the Rangers and Canucks follow through on Vigneault and Tortorella, respectively, there is no where for Tippett to go.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Source: #Coyotes & coach Dave Tippett have reached a deal in principle on a new contract. May have an official announcement as soon as today

Keeping Tippett is obviously a major coup for the #Coyotes. RSE views him as critical to the $ bottom line, as well as on-ice coaching.

As I wrote Tuesday, ownership was not a hold-up for Tippett. He became comfortable with the direction of negotiations earlier this week.

Tip's signing will also be a major boost to the #Coyotes' attempts to sign their own free agents (notably Mike Smith) as well as outside FAs

All that was holding up Dave Tippett's new deal were legal issues & NHL approval. Those issues have been resolved.

Tip's deal is believed to be similar to Alain Vigneault’s 5-year, $10 million contract with the Rangers.
https://twitter.com/cmorganfoxaz
Should have story posted soon but #Coyotes coach Dave Tippett has agreed to a multi-year contract extension to stay with the team.

According to a league source, Tippett has not signed the deal yet but will do so soon and an announcement on the contract is imminent.

Tippett's impending contract is NOT contingent upon the sale of the team. He is sticking with this franchise wherever it lands.

With other vacancies running out and #Coyotes pretty much down to two options (Glendale or Seattle), made sense Tippett would stay.

https://twitter.com/azc_mclellan

Last edited:

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Someone's being an ******* on Wikipedia or entirely prescient. Tip is listed as head coach of the Seattle Sasquatch.
I'm sure someone will update the page shortly.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad