Dave Hakstol Part VII: Hak out? Q in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The Flyers denied it.

All reports trace back to Isaac and his report appears to have been bull****.

Q himself denied it.

Hak himself said hes planning on running practice tomorrow.

We are ****ed.

I think we are going to be fine. I think Anusface had it right, then got told to shut it down because the organization - which is in total freefall - wasn't ready to announce anything. We're down to hours now, Reb, and then it's ****ing go time with the gifsplosion.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think we are going to be fine. I think Anusface had it right, then got told to shut it down because the organization - which is in total freefall - wasn't ready to announce anything. We're down to hours now, Reb, and then it's ****ing go time with the gifsplosion.

I'm warming up my giffing hand. I may have to delve into deeper, weirder corners than usual.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Isaac's story is very very likely 100% correct.

And if he's not?

s-a23badf428f1e47c35e370061214893739584e33.gif

I wonder if Dave's story makes it to print in the Courier-Post tomorrow?

The full story was published on the Courier Post's website at 3:54 this afternoon and updated at 5:57. Not ink and paper, but a published story. Not just Twitter stuff. He and the paper put their reputations on the line with this one. His editors had to be satisfied that Dave had the goods. We'll see.

"Multiple sources tell the Courier Post that the Flyers will announce the firing of Hakstol Sunday night or Monday morning."

"Sources also indicated that Joel Quenneville, a three-time Stanley Cup champion with the Chicago Blackhawks, has been offered the position and will accept it. It’s unknown if he will take the job quickly enough to make his debut Tuesday night when the Flyers play against the Detroit Red Wings at home or after the holiday break. If he waits, look for assistant coach Rick Wilson or Lehigh Valley Phantoms coach Scott Gordon to be an interim head coach until Quenneville joins the club."

Sources: Flyers make the decision to fire Dave Hakstol

It will. Dave hasn’t changed his story. His reporting is most likely solid and right.

Nothing that has come out has disproved his reporting

Yep, nothing disproved, so far.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Why do you think he pulled the goalie with 6 minutes left. Even though they had PP time, your gut ought to be informing you that that is a desperation move done by someone who is about to see their very last minutes in the NHL.

Down 3, pulling the goalie is the statistically right move to make at that time. Especially with how bad our PP has been. Hakstol is just a moron, and he didn't even pull the goalie with a full PP but like 30 seconds left. Maybe that's desperate for Hakstol -- logical for any smart coach -- but he's so risk averse he can't even do desperate right.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
Maybe they agreed on a deal for next season even. It is hard to say but I think Q will be the next coach whether it is this season or next. The Flyers could start to sell and keep Hak and get a top pick. Then in the off season make a lot of moves.

This would be brutal.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Maybe they agreed on a deal for next season even. It is hard to say but I think Q will be the next coach whether it is this season or next. The Flyers could start to sell and keep Hak and get a top pick. Then in the off season make a lot of moves.

If we keep Hak for much longer, not only are we going to get a lottery pick, but the Red Cross is going to parachute emergency supplies and disaster kits onto the roof of the WFC.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Down 3, pulling the goalie is the right move to make at that time. Especially with how bad our PP has been. Hakstol is just a moron, and he didn't even pull the goalie with a full PP but like 30 seconds left. Maybe that's desperate for Hakstol -- logical for any smart coach -- but he's so risk averse he can't even do desperate right.
I think we're more or less on the same page? It's very out of character for a guy like him who plants his feet so firmly in things that he's officially a member of the plant kingdom.

aceman80

Sep 13, 2013
Isaac is going to be walking through the office getting the bejesus high-fived out of him. He's going to be responsible for a ****load of clicks - that's enough these days. I know this because I ended up in Thailand for six years as a result of this culture swallowing sports journalism.
How is that some kind of punishment? I have lived in LOS for 5 years,i think Isaac would enjoy it.
And way things are going,he will have some company soon,Haktard& Laperriere coaching some Bangkok based team.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
How is that some kind of punishment? I have lived in LOS for 5 years,i think Isaac would enjoy it.
And way things are going,he will have some company soon,Haktard& Laperriere coaching some Bangkok based team.

I forged my entire HF career on whining about Bangkok - I don't know how to condense what is wrong with it into one post, but it wasn't all bad. I don't know why I called it a career, aside from the fact that I keep being given tasks and assignments.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
The Flyers denied it.

All reports trace back to Isaac and his report appears to have been bull****.

Q himself denied it.

Hak himself said hes planning on running practice tomorrow.

We are ****ed.

How are you surprised that the Flyers and Quenneville aren't confirming rumors before the actual announcement? And of course Hak is planning on running practice tomorrow, he still has a job as of this moment. Isaac's initial report even says that the firing will happen tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad