Dave Hakstol Part VII: Hak out? Q in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
You know Cap'n, maybe you'd better get away from those chickens and realize that fandom isn't quite the be all and end all of human existence. These are games, after all. Spending time in the 3rd world should have given you more perspective, like some things really are "life or death."

giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You know Cap'n, maybe you'd better get away from those chickens and realize that fandom isn't quite the be all and end all of human existence. These are games, after all. Spending time in the 3rd world should have given you more perspective, like some things really are "life or death."

I know, but this kind of thing should be right down your alley - I am fighting the man, man. I have been supporting this team for more than four decades - not so much with money lol but with rage and tears and stuff - if they are going to throw a PR blitz down my throat, I am going to barf it back into their faces with interest.

People say "don't poke the bear" - well don't poke the ****ing mongoose, either.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
How is it being executed badly? A story came out reporting what's about to happen. They aren't in position to make an official announcement but will shortly. What else are they supposed to do?

Jeez, we finally get the good news we've all been expecting and some of you still find a way turn it into a whole thing to mope about. It's fine. This is happening.

Same ones who were crying when Hextall was fired that we'd be STILL STUCK WITH HAK FOREVER, and we told you all that he'd be gone shortly once they had a new GM and that GM had his choice. Hextall was fired three weeks ago tomorrow, when they will announce Hakstol has been fired. You will have waited a whopping 21 days for the thing we knew was going to happen, you can all make it another 12-24 hours. This has been in the cards the whole time. It's happening. It's OK.

Last edited:

FlyOrange

Dec 16, 2018
New York City
I am losing my mind reading all of this.

The front office has had nothing to do with today's execution. By all accounts the plan is to simply fire Hakstol tomorrow following tonight's return from the road trip.

Today's leak is no different than a trade rumor.

Hope you are right. But even still, it's not a good look for the front office and its ability to manage people in the organization. They say Hexy was too tight with media about this stuff but this kind of stuff is exactly why he was. It causes nothing but a needless shitshow. Hopefully it'll all be over with soon.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
The more posts I read, the more I am convinced the human race is generally despicable.
But this seems to be the world the internet has created, where anonymous meanness and cruelty have become the norm.
Maybe our current POTUS simply reflects the rot of the body politic.

Really? I think we're all just having fun. How else can we get through this as Flyer fans..

FlyOrange

Dec 16, 2018
New York City
How is it being executed badly? A story came out reporting what's about to happen. They aren't in position to make an official announcement but will shortly. What else are they supposed to do?

Jeez, we finally get the good news we've all been expecting and some of you still find a way turn it into a whole thing to mope about. It's fine. This is happening.

Same ones who were crying 20 days ago when Hextall was fired that we'd be STUCK WITH HAK FOREVER, and we told you all that he'd be gone shortly once they had a new GM and that GM had his choice. Hextall was fired three weeks ago tomorrow, the same day they will announce Hakstol has been fired. This has been in the cards the whole time. It's happening. It's OK.

I am calling it as I see it. No one's moping. If anything, I am annoyed by the continued incompetence by nearly everyone involved.

There are very few examples where a team lets this kind of toxic situation fester as much as they have with the Flyers. No one's questioning the initial approach where Fletch took time to analyze the squad and the staff. It's the whole leak, denial by the team and now, if the firing does indeed happen in a matter of 24 hours thereafter, all that is just needless drama that was caused by the front office's failure to manage its people. Simple as that.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Really? I think we're all just having fun. How else can we get through this as Flyer fans..

To me it's seems like the "fun" of a schoolyard bully and his pals kicking some poor kid they've decided is this week's victim.

I think it reflects the "crowd," people feel freer to debase themselves when others urge them on.
And the anonymity of the internet encourages behavior that most would find embarrassing if they had to say these things face to face. Then again, there are some without shame.

Maybe it's just my sensitivities, I can't celebrate misfortune unless it happens to those who are truly bastards, those who steal, lie, pollute, defraud and otherwise use other people to enrich and empower themselves.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
To me it's seems like the "fun" of a schoolyard bully and his pals kicking some poor kid they've decided is this week's victim.

I think it reflects the "crowd," people feel freer to debase themselves when others urge them on.
And the anonymity of the internet encourages behavior that most would find embarrassing if they had to say these things face to face. Then again, there are some without shame.

Maybe it's just my sensitivities, I can't celebrate misfortune unless it happens to those who are truly bastards, those who steal, lie, pollute, defraud and otherwise use other people to enrich and empower themselves.

If you are related to Hak you really shouldn’t be on here.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I am calling it as I see it. No one's moping. If anything, I am annoyed by the continued incompetence by nearly everyone involved.

There are very few examples where a team lets this kind of toxic situation fester as much as they have with the Flyers. No one's questioning the initial approach where Fletch took time to analyze the squad and the staff. It's the whole leak, denial by the team and now, if the firing does indeed happen in a matter of 24 hours thereafter, all that is just needless drama that was caused by the front office's failure to manage its people. Simple as that.

Right, but leaks are almost inevitable in anything (and sometimes intentional), they will be reported if they are credible and noteworthy, and official denials/"no-comments" are standard procedure for involved entities until the ink dries. Now, I agree, the coaching situation has been a festering mess for way longer than this recent run, but there's no mishandling here. They aren't going to acknowledge a report, even if it's true, until they're ready. It's how things work.

Reactions: LoneFlyerFan21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad