Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
tenor.gif

HART2019

Dec 15, 2018
I agree with most of this forum and HATE the personnel decisions he makes. Keeping Weiss out there all the time, Sanheim and Lindblom riding pine, his juggling of lines, etc.

I am wondering what's everyone's take is on his on ice strategy? Why do the Flyers continue to lose and why are players like Patrick/Prov are not taking that next step and starting to succeed? How can JVR score 35 last year with Toronto and is now an average player? Does this have something to do with Hakstol's college coaching style? Is he to conservative for the NHL? Are the assistant coaches not getting it done?

My worry is players like Lindblom, Patrick, Hagg, Sanheim, Stolarz, even Prov and Ghost go elsewhere and become great players and we Flyer fans are left scratching our heads.

Reactions: phlflyer1

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
189c05dce3e14e76f575d8295e7dbf11.jpg

"mja? mja Conners?"

giphy.gif

"Now, don't you tell me you don't remember me because I sure as heckfire remember you."

tenor.gif

"deadhead...Ryerson?"

BogusDamagedGraywolf-small.gif

"I have a law degree."
"Of course you do."
"So, that's why I ramble on endlessly with convoluted arguments. For example, take the Flyers coaching situation..."

[Four hours later]
KeenAllDuiker-max-1mb.gif

"...so that's why changing the coach isn't going to help. Amirite, amirite, or amirite?"

[Three hours later]
Lp64kao.gif

"You must see that I'm right, he has no choice but to play MacDonald 20 minutes a night."

source.gif

"Well, I gotta get going dead, I'll try to avoid looking at your posts in the future."
"Watch out for my next post, it's a doozy!"

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The funny thing is I'll read the same complaints when the new coach comes in, even if it's Q.

The reason is simple, fans have unrealistic expectations.
Provorov is 21, playing top D-man minutes (last year, almost all the D-men playing his minutes were 25 or older).
Sanheim is 22, and working his way into a top 4 role
Myers is 21, and will probably be up this spring
Only Ghost is "underachieving" for his age, and there may be something physical going on

TK is 21, Lindblom is 22, Patrick is 20.

Now some players have been revealed, Laughton at 24 is what he is, a top 4th line guy.
Couts took a step up at 22, another at 25, not every player arrives as a superstar out of the draft.

So coaches sometimes push, sometimes punish, sometimes baby prospects.
You see this all over the league, look at Boston, some of their prospects get big minutes, others were returned to the AHL.

As this team gets much younger the next two years, expect a lot of inconsistency.
Look at Winnipeg, 99 points in 2014-15, then 78, 87, 114 and they're on pace for 110 this year.

The only way to avoid this is to trade a lot of prospects for proven NHL players, you'll have a better team in the short-run, but one with a lower upside in the long-run, i.e., the Wild.

Reactions: Limeyjim and CNote

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The funny thing is I'll read the same complaints when the new coach comes in, even if it's Q.

The reason is simple, fans have unrealistic expectations.
Provorov is 21, playing top D-man minutes (last year, almost all the D-men playing his minutes were 25 or older).
Sanheim is 22, and working his way into a top 4 role
Myers is 21, and will probably be up this spring
Only Ghost is "underachieving" for his age, and there may be something physical going on

TK is 21, Lindblom is 22, Patrick is 20.

Now some players have been revealed, Laughton at 24 is what he is, a top 4th line guy.
Couts took a step up at 22, another at 25, not every player arrives as a superstar out of the draft.

So coaches sometimes push, sometimes punish, sometimes baby prospects.
You see this all over the league, look at Boston, some of their prospects get big minutes, others were returned to the AHL.

As this team gets much younger the next two years, expect a lot of inconsistency.
Look at Winnipeg, 99 points in 2014-15, then 78, 87, 114 and they're on pace for 110 this year.

The only way to avoid this is to trade a lot of prospects for proven NHL players, you'll have a better team in the short-run, but one with a lower upside in the long-run, i.e., the Wild.

I remember when Stevens supporters said the exact same thing.

It didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->