Dave Hakstol Part VI: I See A Bad Coach And I Want Him Painted Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
That's so strange, because when I watch them play, it seems like they do much better when they're behind and have to score goals to tie the game. They do this weird thing where suddenly guys like Ghost & Sanheim are out there every shift and they start getting creative in the offensive zone. It's almost as if had they played that way the entire game, they would score a lot more goals and spend a lot less time in their own zone. So odd that the numbers seem to suggest exactly the same thing I'm seeing, because NHL Head Coach™ Dave Hakstol is clearly seeing something different, and I'm just some random dude on the internet.

This sort of thing is not on the tape. You have to watch the tape. Coaches watch the tape. A lot of tape. Tape.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
That last game of McLellan, I just knew it my head he was 100% gone. Wasn't any doubt. I'm getting that feeling again. I'd be shocked if Hakstol isn't fired before the Flyer's next game.

Then there's the objective facts to this point, such as the Flyers being 2 points out of dead last right now in the East, and in the top three teams in the East of having the worst goal differential (only 3 goals from being the worst, which Ottawa holds). Then losing a game that looked to be MacLellan'd away (bad coaching decisions and game management). In the third there, up two goals, and you're trying to get your season going, and the team/coach gives the game away. Something has to give.

I don't know how you possibly keep him at this point. I think the Flyer management would be fools to keep him for another game, when the season can still be salvaged.

I like where your head is at, bro. In honor of your Guided By Voices title there, and our mission to get this fart vacuum fired, here is a video:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I agree and am hopeful. Hakstol survived literally dozens of atrocious losses, whether blown leads or absolute blowouts, under Hextal. He's now coached 4 games under Fletcher (and maybe 5 if you consider the notion that he was the presumptive pick a day or two before the announcement) and he's gone 1-1-2.

The win was a 6-2 game where they came out bad and then scored 6 straight.

The regulation loss was a 7-1 laugher against Winnipeg.

The first OT loss was a game where they played terrible and then got 2 beautiful goals in the last 8 minutes from a talented young defenseman to tie it.

Tonight they played badly (and were outshot basically 2:1) but got some trash goaltending help at the other end and some decent goaltending in their own, only to fall apart in the final period. That talented younge defenseman scored a very nice goal along the way.

In both OT losses, they got at least one goal from Sanheim. In both, he played less than 13 minutes and was the least-used defender they have. In both, they started Couturier/Provorov/Konecny in OT rather than the logical, and often successful, Giroux/Voracek/Gostisbehere trio. In the first one, they allowed the winning goal in 10 seconds. Tonight they lasted 35 seconds.

There's just a pattern of very glaring bad decisions here. Usually with coaching, particularly in a sport like hockey, it's hard to explain the nuanced differences between good and bad coaching to a person who isn't imbued in the game. With these decisions, most 10 year olds would get why they are bad.

It's just bad. It's so bad that you can choose any 5 game stretch this season and see the bad. It's consistently horrible, illogical, stubborn, I-know-I'm-doing-it-my-way-and-I-know-I'm-right-****-you-and-if-it-fails-I-have-excuses decision making. It's horrible.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That is hilariously ****ing accurate :laugh: I mean what the **** are we even doing? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That is hilariously ****ing accurate :laugh: I mean what the **** are we even doing? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

83970354.gif

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Fletch did say he would see what was good after the western road trip, I just hope he is actually competent enough to know this asshole face behind the bench is misusing the players he has and his whack ass system is meant for college and not the NHL, there has to be more to the Hexy Hack connection like Hack covered for Brett when he was there on something big, like something illegal that could have put Brett in jail, that to me would explain Hexy’s blind allegiance to Hack, or hey maybe I’m just using Hack Logic to figure it out?!? Who the f*** knows at this point #firehakstol

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I can't see how the moron continues to get a free pass. It baffles me that the buffoon hasn't been sent packing yet. I generally dislike Dave Isaac, but he posted something interesting about the Flyers so far. In four games this year, they've been outscored by 23 goals (lose by six goals three times, lose by five goals once). It would be different if that's over the course of the year, but this is only after a third of the season had been played.

The sheer incompetence shown by Hakstol is absolutely mind numbing. I just can't see how people can defend his garbage.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
At this point you have to wonder what will have to happen to fire him. Whatever it is, it’s got to be bad. Like peeing on a vets gender ambiguously gendered baby. Not even the flyers could PR spin that one.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
At this point you have to wonder what will have to happen to fire him. Whatever it is, it’s got to be bad. Like peeing on a vets gender ambiguously gendered baby. Not even the flyers could PR spin that one.
I think about this a lot. It would have to be ray rice bad at this point.

Reactions: TheKingPin

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
The coaching squad is responsible for the regression of Ghost & Provorov among others. When these two came up they looked like future all stars. It seems to me besides Hakstol's horrible system he is also ruining our future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad