Dave Hakstol Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The team is run by cowards.

Been saying that for a while now. It really is pathetic.

EDIT: Let's say by some miracle the Flyers win a playoff round this year. The second longest tenured coach in Flyers history's crowning achievement is winning a playoff round.

Let that sink in.

What the f*** happened to this organization?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Hextall in action:

409.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

EDIT: Let's say by some miracle the Flyers win a playoff round this year. The second longest tenured coach in Flyers history's crowning achievement is winning a playoff round.

Let that sink in.

What the **** happened to this organization?

only 3 coaches have been coaching their team longer than Hak. they are the coaches of arguably the 3 top cup contenders (TB, WPG, NAS) and one of them has also won a cup.

let that sink in too.

actually don't let that sink in, because it may drive many to alcoholism.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Remember when we used to be angry at Snyder for meddling? I guess this is what happens when ownership doesn't give rats was about winning.

Reactions: tucson83

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
only 3 coaches have been coaching their team longer than Hak. they are the coaches of arguably the 3 top cup contenders (TB, WPG, NAS) and one of them has also won a cup.

let that sink in too.

actually don't let that sink in, because it may drive many to alcoholism.

The last 272 (I think that's what CDP said it was) games have already driven me to that.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Hate to be that guy, but looks like media are already defending Qs non hire and preaching further patience.

Meltzer liked this. Lulz.

Or maybe, just maybe to us we want a move made BEFORE the team bottoms out (because it inevitably will) and more massive changes than needed occur in a reactionary move instead of being proactive.

IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR THIS ORGANIZATION TO BE PROACTIVE?!?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Is it so much to ask that we have competent media too?

They'll all too scared to ask real questions or be honest. If they had a clue they'd ask the tough questions and actually give their readers something of value... but nah, better to just churn out the same useless garbage and bend over for the team to use them as mouthpieces.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Meltzer liked this. Lulz.

Or maybe, just maybe to us we want a move made BEFORE the team bottoms out (because it inevitably will) and more massive changes than needed occur in a reactionary move instead of being proactive.

IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR THIS ORGANIZATION TO BE PROACTIVE?!?

frustrating isnt it? what i fear the most is that we are never going to see a championship like the cubs 100 year drought.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Is it so much to ask that we have competent media too?

They'll all too scared to ask real questions or be honest. If they had a clue they'd ask the tough questions and actually give their readers something of value... but nah, better to just churn out the same useless garbage and bend over for the team to use them as mouthpieces.

I do think the few knowledgeable ones that we have are afraid to piss the organization off and lose their press credentials. They already revoked credentials for that guy that wrote the scathing article on MacDonald last season. Pretty sad.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I gotta agree with Charlie in not wishing for the team to bottom out, which is exactly why I want Hakstol fired.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Ok, then what's your point? The fans can think whatever they want, it doesn't do anything to change the fact that Hakstol runs a college system that performs abysmally against NHL goalies and Q doesn't. My point was that their fans don't complain that he runs a college system. Please, show that they do.
Of course fans aren’t going to claim Q runs a college system considering he didn’t coach college. I said I’m sure fans will claim Q’s system is outdated. Either way, it’s fans claiming the coach’s system isn’t fit for today’s game.

From the Hawks’ board:

“We are way overdue for a new voice & system.”

“Colliton’s teams play w/ energy, that will be the biggest & most noticeable difference. Both last year & this year it took about 2 weeks for his system to be exposed.”

“Q was Q. He never changed...he kept playing his favorites rather than the best team. It’s ironic that in his last game he had both Kunitz & Martinsen play. Lmao.”

“JC has a modern grasp of the game...This is an upgrade.”

“Another source on Colliton: ‘much more ‘modern’.”

“People will be happy with how JC’s team plays going forward. Rockford is a treat to watch. They forecheck hard & play physical hockey. A much more aggressive style that fits this roster.”

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
The buzzards were swarming around Hak and it seemed like something might happen
Hak gets one last road trip
Hak gets 7/8 points on the trip
Hak keeps his job and his job security in intact
Q gets fired and is available right as the road trip ends

God damnit I hate this timeline. Whatever at least the young players looked great on the trip.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Remember guys, get out there and vote today. Write in Quenneville for all open seats to show 'em how you feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad